X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Support these Made in America products

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
    That is a great site!

I saw Channelock was on that list. I misplaced a couple pairs of mine on a job this week and tried to track them down. I found them in the electricians bag. But trying to identify them we noticed that some were made in China and some said USA.

Did I buy a brand knock-off or are some made here AND there? I do remember getting what I thought was an amazing price for the set.
    Last edited by plumberscrack; 05-23-2012, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      That is a great site!

I saw Channelock was on that list. I misplaced a couple pairs of mine on a job this week and tried to track them down. I found them in the electricians bag. But trying to identify them we noticed that some were made in China and some said USA.

Did I buy a brand knock-off or are some made here AND there? I do remember getting what I thought was an amazing price for the set.
      This is an example of another unscrupulous, misleading tactic companies use to convince consumers they are buying "made in America".
      They might only make 5% of their product line here, and still say they produce in America.

I think it's only fair to include American jobs lost in the customer service and tech field. I'm sure it totals in the hundreds of thousands and it demonstrates that savings is the bottom line for these companies. I still think if our economy can't recover because of job loss that will not turn around then ultimately profit margins in part killed American jobs, the American consumer and our economy.

In my opinion, you can balance the budget, crush Unions, cut entitlements, and all the rest but still suffer a economic collapse without a return to manufacturing and a return of American jobs lost for higher profits not crucial to the survival of a business.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        That is a great site!

I misplaced a couple pairs of mine on a job this week and tried to track them down. I found them in the electricians bag.
        I don't wish to side track this thread, but what did you do after you discovered the Channelocks in the electrician's bag? If you recognized that they weren't his, don't you suppose that he did as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
          I don't wish to side track this thread, but what did you do after you discovered the Channelocks in the electrician's bag? If you recognized that they weren't his, don't you suppose that he did as well?

We just laughed it off. Happens to me a lot actually. Chaotic jobsite seem to be the norm.

Comment

I've been on chaotic jobs sites too, and other people's tools have wound up in my tool box. But I've never had a tool in my box that wasn't mine that I didn't know wasn't mine. And, for the sake of my karma I've always made sure they got back to their rightful owner with all due speed if at all possible.

Comment

Working...
            X