• Support these Made in America products

Click image for larger version

Name:	06b62513b500292cc82fefdbbeda2811.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	479.0 KB
ID:	16286

I think this says it all

Re: Support these Made in America products

I don't understand your point as there are literally thousands upon thousands of products Made in America. In this case, a picture is worth zero words.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The picture didn't detail much beyond the title. There may be thousands of products made in America but all of my clothing including Carhartt is not, neither are any of my electronics, appliances, tools, garden machines or just about anything else I consume. My paper towels from costco and Duracell batteries are about the only things in my home aside from myself and family made here! I repeat we are doomed, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

I try to purchase/use American made everything....my son was conceived in Cozumel....ironic?!
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

This is at a national plumbing supply chain. Over the past few months this shelf has had some specials highlighting american made products. Some toilets, faucets, pumps ect. Gradually, the shelf has become more and more empty. To the point that none of those products are available at this location now. I havent been there in a while and just thought it interesting and snapped this photo.

Comment

MADE IN USA CERTIFIED®

What's interesting about htis site is they don't give you a list of Made in USA Certified products.
            It's like the BBB for Made in USA certification, at least that is what it seems to be from looking
            around on their website for a few minutes. Couldn't find one link to external or internal list of
            US Made products. But plenty of links to request a quote to get the Made in USA certification.

Kind of sad I think. It may explain why you don't see the seal on too many products. Why pay
            ransom for something that has little value. All you have to do is state the truth that your product
            is made on the USA and be able to prove it if necessary.
            Last edited by Bob D.; 05-22-2012, 05:33 PM.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

While I might agree that "thousands" of products are still made in the U.S., it is definitely very hard to find them!

Looking at my tool purchases in the last six or seven years, I know my Craftsman 150 psi, oil-less was made here (by DeVilbis); and, my three Ryobi routers were all made here in the U.S.

My chisels were all made in the Czech Republic.

As far as my other "purchases"... well, my Cooper tires were made in the U.S., but my Dodge van was made in Canada... but I wonder about most of the components. All of the electronics I have, with the exception of my ham-radio equipment was made in China. The Ham stuff was made in Japan. My coax and copper wire were made here in the U.S. though.

I don't make a lot of purchases, but as I look around I find that even much of my very old stuff wasn't made here. My first Ingersoll-Rand compressor (wheel-barrel electric) was made in Italy. Most all of my old drawing stuff, from the lead to the triangles were made in Germany. My 45 year-old Vernier Calipers were made in Japan as was my first reel-to-reel tape recorder (almost that old).

But, my 1970's Craftsman electric tools were all made by Ryobi... right here in the U.S.A., just like those 2004-5 Ryobi routers... but I don't think Ryobi makes much of anything here anymore, sadly.

I can't remember when was the last time I bought clothes of any kind that were tagged as "made in the U.S." I think Wrangler is all somewhere else, but I honestly don't know, because I don't look. Where does "Land's End" and "LL Bean" come from? I'd like to think they were American-made, but I don't know.

One of the things that I seriously think we need to ask ourselves is this: "Was it made in China (or anywhere else) by an American company?"

If so, WHO is responsible for that? Do you blame the country of origin, or do you blame the company who decided it was more profitable to hire foreign labor over American labor? Do you blame the company for choosing to abandon an American plant, because it doesn't have to live up to the "standards" in a foreign country. Do you blame the company for choosing to make it in a foriegn country and ship it here for sale, because by doing so it doesn't have to pay taxes on it? Or is it as simple as the fact that building is a foriegn country is cheaper because there, that government pays for the health care, while here in the U.S., the rising cost of health is killing employers!

Or we could blame "unions", because their freedom to negotiate has priced American labor out of the competition? (I don't believe that for a second!)

My point is that we've seen a terrible thing happen in that our consumerism is now mostly of foreign-made goods. I think we would all like to see that change. But I also think that there is some pretty powerful people who are making some tremendous wealth by keeping manufacturing elsewhere; and, they are only too happy to keep us all focused on hating the "country of origin".

Until we sit up and pay attention and find an answer to the "Why", there will be no solution.

There really is a lot more to the problem than stating that we don't make it here anymore and it must be that other country's fault,

CWS
              Last edited by CWSmith; 05-22-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Still Made in USA
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I'm proud to say" all My Kids N Grand kids are MADE IN AMERICA"
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Just looked inside My New Redwing CHOES Made in China WTF
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

i just purchased a 50 gallon ultra lo nox r-19.2 gas heater today. made in the usa by american water heater corp.

the funny thing is that the original american plant was literally blocks away from the supply house and a mile away from the job. now it's an office development thanks to scaqmd. i guess they didn't like the fumes coming from the plant.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                        Great site., and not just for tools. Check out the shopping categories list on the left of the page.

Comment

In the areas covered by this forum, how many American made products can we name?
                          Ridgid
                          Kohler
                          Bradford White
                          Honeywell
                          She who must be obeyed just called, or I'd keep going.

Comment

In response to the post by CWS, there is plenty of blame to go around as to why we don't make it here! The process took years, and consumers looking to save a buck made the easy choice for lower priced goods. Labor played their role and so did capitalism always striving for higher profits. Our legislators did what they could to help over the years and the very nature of our free and open society sealed the deal.

I think a lot about the bottom line these days, my bottom line is that we can't survive as consumers who do not produce most of what we need. Our economy is failing for many reasons, but I see our wealth continue to leave, and never return as we purchase our foreign made goods. Please, someone explain to me how we can have such a trade imbalance, import most of what we consume, and possibly expect a return to prosperity and low unemployment? President Obama makes grand speeches about green jobs, but they exist in communist china!
                            I want to be hopeful, I look for a rainbow, unfortunately I just can't see it. I feel bad for our youth, I feel bad for all the folks who are working hard, struggling to provide for their families as we keep slipping down the slope. Can any of you imagine the steps necessary to change all this mess? It boggles my mind. Frank
                            Last edited by Frankiarmz; 05-22-2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                              While I might agree that "thousands" of products are still made in the U.S., it is definitely very hard to find them!

Looking at my tool purchases in the last six or seven years, I know my Craftsman 150 psi, oil-less was made here (by DeVilbis); and, my three Ryobi routers were all made here in the U.S.

My chisels were all made in the Czech Republic.

As far as my other "purchases"... well, my Cooper tires were made in the U.S., but my Dodge van was made in Canada... but I wonder about most of the components. All of the electronics I have, with the exception of my ham-radio equipment was made in China. The Ham stuff was made in Japan. My coax and copper wire were made here in the U.S. though.

I don't make a lot of purchases, but as I look around I find that even much of my very old stuff wasn't made here. My first Ingersoll-Rand compressor (wheel-barrel electric) was made in Italy. Most all of my old drawing stuff, from the lead to the triangles were made in Germany. My 45 year-old Vernier Calipers were made in Japan as was my first reel-to-reel tape recorder (almost that old).

But, my 1970's Craftsman electric tools were all made by Ryobi... right here in the U.S.A., just like those 2004-5 Ryobi routers... but I don't think Ryobi makes much of anything here anymore, sadly.

I can't remember when was the last time I bought clothes of any kind that were tagged as "made in the U.S." I think Wrangler is all somewhere else, but I honestly don't know, because I don't look. Where does "Land's End" and "LL Bean" come from? I'd like to think they were American-made, but I don't know.

One of the things that I seriously think we need to ask ourselves is this: "Was it made in China (or anywhere else) by an American company?"

If so, WHO is responsible for that? Do you blame the country of origin, or do you blame the company who decided it was more profitable to hire foreign labor over American labor? Do you blame the company for choosing to abandon an American plant, because it doesn't have to live up to the "standards" in a foreign country. Do you blame the company for choosing to make it in a foriegn country and ship it here for sale, because by doing so it doesn't have to pay taxes on it? Or is it as simple as the fact that building is a foriegn country is cheaper because there, that government pays for the health care, while here in the U.S., the rising cost of health is killing employers!

Or we could blame "unions", because their freedom to negotiate has priced American labor out of the competition? (I don't believe that for a second!)

My point is that we've seen a terrible thing happen in that our consumerism is now mostly of foreign-made goods. I think we would all like to see that change. But I also think that there is some pretty powerful people who are making some tremendous wealth by keeping manufacturing elsewhere; and, they are only too happy to keep us all focused on hating the "country of origin".

Until we sit up and pay attention and find an answer to the "Why", there will be no solution.

There really is a lot more to the problem than stating that we don't make it here anymore and it must be that other country's fault,

CWS
                              Or can you put some blame on consumers who are not willing to pay a fair price that supports products made in the US by people holding a job paying a decent wage and working conditions. SALES drive prices and consumers are the ones who make sales. If it doesn't sell at the regular price and it moves at 20% off then eventually the price gets lowered and something about the product suffers. Be it profits or quality or features, etc but something has to change. Or that product gets discontinued and a new and improved version is released, problem is the new version doesn't have all the bells and whistles or is smaller or somehow is less costly to manufacturer so they can sell it at a price that will sell.
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X