Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Motors is becoming China Motors (or is it Communist Motors?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General Motors is becoming China Motors (or is it Communist Motors?)

I think some of the problem is some of the larger cooperations, that are truly global a are looking at a global picture, not at a US picture, (I guess one could ask are they patriotic to the use or where there patriotism lies) and when you span the globe, and your looking at business, or the making of money there patriotism lies I am guessing with the money, not a country,
    and I am guessing that is where your real frustration lies,

I think there are some companies that use off shore to cut cost and possibly as a survival strategy, still keeping the US at heart, but I do question on some major global companies on there patriotic ambitions lie

Oil companies are global and GM and other auto companies are global, and there are other companies that are Global, and my guess is they will continue to survive and possibly thrive, regardless of where there headquarters are and most likely will move there headquarters to the locations that suit them best for the time that is at hand,

I am sure that if some country collapses that they will just pop up else where, and continue to function in some form in another country,

Many a company has moved it global headquarters off shore for tax benefits, or for concessions from some country or what ever,

it is really no different than some company moving from one state to another for some regional benefit, (labor, taxes, subsidies, etc.) how many companies have moved out of California and New York to either southern or Western states? for cost of living and for tax benefits of the states?

I do not think many of these Global companies see it is there responsibility to support a area they do not see as profitable, and if that area is the USA, it is not supported to the extent that some place that there is more profit potential,

ask your self, (if you ran a business, and in the A state, do to taxes and labor costs and political conditions, you could only make $100 amount per unit, or if you moved the plant and worked out of the B state, you can make $200 profit per unit, how much loyalty would you feel to the A state, especially if you can still sell in A state and the move will make very little effect on the sales percentage,

my guess is most Global companies are not families,

I read a statement one time about labor (and this was from a southern) the statement was at one time we owned slaves, and now we rent them,

Labor is a commodity to many large corporations, they are just renting this commodity,

the more the governments try to "make corporations play fair" and show loyalty and patriotism, most likely the quicker it will drive them away.

there is old saying "it is not PERSONAL, it is BUSINESS",

and the larger the business is usually the less personal it is,

a quote of Joseph Stalin, "The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic."
    corporations deal with Millions, not one person,

I am thankful that we live in a country that still allows us to choose a job or leave a job and go else were, if we so desire, and that were not assigned or the conditions are such that there is no or little choice in our lives,

(for example, our local Coop grain elevator, "farmer owned", was having trouble dealing with the global markets and making or keep there heads above water, so they joined with about 8 others in the area and became a larger company (still farmer owned), but service dropped off and dealing was harder, (especially if you were small farmer), at one time they had many services that were community related, and basically operated at break even to serve the community, after the joining they dropped a number of the services, and products dealing only with profitable products, so now one has to go out of town to get things like bailer twine and some fencing and stock tanks and other items, they do not stock tires (only one that move very quickly) they mostly have to order most ever tire in,
    and even the C store and hardware store,, has dropped items no longer carries hardware, and no longer carry welding supplies and at one time were some of the best in the area, (they still are an agent for welding gasses),

and here in the last year they joined with CHS, https://www.chsinc.com/portal/server...inc_public/337
    and the "coop" is nearly a thing in the past (yes I have a share and can vote in a CHS election I am told but as far as local control is is nearly no longer it is all about profit, and money,
    and all of this was to put in a unit train loader that still has not found approval, but they got our coop and the control of it, yes I get a dividend when it is said and done but it is so small and they have some thing with a Coop that they get to keep 1/2 of it and yet you have to pay the tax on the both halves, (you get when you die),

When it is said and done, CHS does not care about me as a individual small farmer, or if I succeed or fail, where at the beginning the local coop did, the only thing they care about is if my spending or selling them products will make them money. (and they know if I fail some one will come in and take over the land and keep doing busness with them).
    IF they felt our grain elevator was not profitable enough they would lock the doors and shut it down in a heart beat, I am sure there is not any feeling of family or loyality to the community by CHS,
    If the dollars are not coming in.
    Last edited by BHD; 05-26-2012, 07:56 PM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I understand the business plan/mindset. Unlike many countries we have the EPA and OSHA. Unlike communist china,we have human rights, freedoms and labor organizations. Unlike many countries we do not impose tarriffs and trade limits as they do on our goods. I get it, the USA is not the place where big business wants to produce. So without discussing patriotism, and guilt, where does that leave the tens of millions of out of work Americans?

Maybe of more importance than the millions unemployed, how do you sustain an economy when more of your wealth leaves your economy than enters? Please discuss the diminishing return due to the trade imbalance and how we employ tens of millions whose jobs are gone? My bottom line is not how well GM or Ridgid will do in the global marketplace, it is how America will survive when communist china, mexico and europe play by a different set of rules? Do we abandone our homes, cars and live in huts? What's the plan going forward when our economy collapses, no guilt on big business, our legislators or the global competition.
      Last edited by Frankiarmz; 05-26-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

We too have issues similar. Our richest Female miner is bringing in "cheap labour" under the guise of suffering trade shortage. What it is is greed on a mamoth platform. They say he who hold the money holds the power. yes China is the octopus of the world. However there are some who are slowly turning around and working out that the "china Syndrome" is not a Jane fonda movie but a passive takeover in peacetime. we all bang on about cost and china, with little or no regards for human beings supplies cheap crap to all of us. We all enjoy multiple TVs in our houses, we all enjoy being able to buy things cheaper rather than having to budget and save for years. We are all guilty of want over need. WHat our Governments dont realise is that it is not a level playing field. I want to sell up everything I own and move to China and buy property. Bang, niot possible. So why can they buy up my backyard????????????????. I dont think I am racist against many other cultures but from the perspective of what they do when they come to our Country I am accused of such. Now before you shoot me down I believe there are many reasons for consideration. Why do they bring violence to our country. Why dont they intergrate and embrace our culture. Why do they rise against us and try to convert us to the trash they came from. Why cant we own real estate in their country. Why do we have to pay 10's of thousands of dollars when they come int our Country Illegally. Why do our Governments support other Countries and let our nations perish whilst paying the likes of China and India to take jobs away from us. it is purely about money. We believe in fair days pay for fair days work. What we earn in a day is more thn they get in a year or more. How do we solve this problem, I DONT KNOW. Maybe think befoer you buy or check where it was made. Maybe a little thought might change things around, slowly.............!!!!!

Comment

The United States still outproduces and exports more than any other nation in the world. We manufacturer more than Germany and Japan combined and while China was making great strides it meeting our production, they have slowed considerably in the past two years.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            The United States still outproduces and exports more than any other nation in the world. We manufacturer more than Germany and Japan combined and while China was making great strides it meeting our production, they have slowed considerably in the past two years.
            Of course we have about !00,000,000 more people than Germany and Japan combined.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I trust you are statistically correct, but given the trade imbalance, tens of thousands of businesses no longer based in America, tens of millions of Americans out of work, and all the foreign made consumer goods we import, those statistics are not of much comfort.

When most of our consumer wealth exits our economy to purchase clothing, appliances, electronics and so much more, it's a big problem. What is our government doing to ensure our future, economy, standard of living? Instead of millions of able bodied, willing Americans working and contributing to our economy, they have become a growing burden. The problems need to be addressed, and resolved, not excused. Frank

Comment

Frankie, it doesn't matter. In the next few years or months the European economies are going to come crashing down followed by China, Asia and the United States. Anarchy is the next order of the day!
                sigpic

Comment

I personally wondered if the trade imbalance for the past 30 or so years is what has keep the dollar at the value it is, with out hyper inflation occurring, as the Government spends and prints money and the way money is loaned and is increased in that process,

if all the "dollars" stayed in the USA, then there would be hyper inflation, (as there would be so much of it floating around it would have no value) the way it is now the Government prints money, (not really much other words for it when they are borrowing it from there self, and the federal reserve), but that money goes out side the country , but it does not compeat with the dollars that we use for our in border domestic use,
                  (now what would happen if all that currency come back in the US boarders) HYPER inflation, this way we keep sending (in a way monopoly money) to china and else where for what they produce, and in the process the Government just keeps printing more money to replace it,

(or am I seeing this all wrong?)
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Nope, you are seeing it just fine and when folks faith in the security of the dollar wavers the whole mess will come crashing down like the house of cards it is. Remember that the only thing that makes a dollar worth a dollar is the belief that the US government has the wherewith-all to back it which of course, it does not.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nope, you are seeing it just fine and when folks faith in the security of the dollar wavers the whole mess will come crashing down like the house of cards it is. Remember that the only thing that makes a dollar worth a dollar is the belief that the US government has the wherewith-all to back it which of course, it does not.
                      I belive there was talk of no longer accepting our dollar for oil purchase transactions, only euros. Heard that last year, wonder if it was abandoned?

Comment

Hell, the Euro is more worthless than the dollar is LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                          That's fine.
                          For you.
                          But what if it's not fine with me that a failing company used the power of the United States government to, in effect, pick my pocket to stay afloat? IF I had wanted to support GM, I would have purchased one of their products. But you can bet the farm that I won't do so any time in the foreseeable future. Unless they figure out how to use the power of government to force their products on me too.
                          They will be soon. Its called Obamacare.
                          26+6=1

Comment

Working...
                          X