Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be the best place to repair auto interior lights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be the best place to repair auto interior lights?

My cars interior lights are currently not working due to a motor swap and not everything is wired up correctly. Im too lazy to rewire and was wondering if a stereo shop, or mechanic fixes that?
    http://www.bedbugsremovalguide.com/bed-bug-steamer.html

Re: What would be the best place to repair auto interior lights?

A motor swap should not have messed up you interior lights unless a harness was pinched during the install. That said I would give the shop that did the motor swap first shot to figure out what they did wrong and fix it for free. A pro (custom) stereo shop may have the experience necessary to track down the issue but not a guarantee. A mechanic would be able to do it but it can get pricey in a hurry as electrical bugs induced by others can take a while to hunt down and you are likely in the $100/hr range for a decent mechanics time.

Comment

Re: What would be the best place to repair auto interior lights?

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
      A motor swap should not have messed up you interior lights unless a harness was pinched during the install. .
      I am surprised that your not aware that an engine hoist is designed to test the tensile strength of unhooked wires and cables,

(my son once tested the strength of an odometer cable did you know you can stretch them for a good number of feet when using a tractor loader to remove a cab off a pickup truck).
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X