X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Thing My Heads Attached!

I wear eyeglasses for seeing distance and have them on most of the day. Last few years I need to take them off for close up work and once I put them down it is sometimes game on to find them.
    Today they are really gone, can't find them anywhere but there is one more place to check. My above ground pool water is clouded up real bad, can't see the bottom at all. A couple days ago I lost part of the pool vaccum called the vacuum plate to the clouded abyss. I manned up this afternoon and went in the cold, cloudy water retriving the vaccum plate. I just can't remember if I had my eyeglasses on when I went in Guess, I 'll be taking another dip pretty soon. Anyone else having trouble misplacing things? Sure wish my dog could talk, he knows where they are, but then he's getting on in age himself.

Re: Good Thing My Heads Attached!

I wear multifocal glasses for driveing watching TV book work and close up all in one pair of glasses and for loosing things its just part of life

Tony

Comment

I can set a tool down in the shop and take half and hr trying to find it and I had had it in may hand what seem like 30 seconds before, and I have not lost my glasses, as I need fairly bad, but I have one set that i use for the computer, and the focus is about at arms length, and my bifocals are set for reading and distance, but some times I will get out of the house with the computer glasses on, and get down in the shop and need to remove to do some close up work and then go looking for the glasses which I can see hardly with out them, so I have misplaced them from time to time for a few Min's,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Well Frank I'm 69 and have destroyed more glasses than I will admit. NO MORE ,Croakies is the answer ! I have become My Dad ,Bless Him
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

A "continuity" problem I think. Whoever was responsible for positioning the next frame in time, simply forgot the glasses. Sooner or later the list will be checked and the continuity error will be corrected. (Gee, you must have never watched the Twilight Zone!)

I lose stuff all the time. Frustrating as He!!, but the item usually turns up... sometimes in places that are unimaginable. So, that's why I have six pairs of glasses and seven tape measures and two sets of duplicate car keys (plus another my wife carries). I've found it a lot more efficient to just grab a "backup" and not waste my time looking for the misplaced item.

(BTW, I don't like bi- and tri-focals, so have close up, shop/computer, and driving glasses. But I'm also near-sighted in one eye and farsighted in the other... so with that I can just get by with no glasses; though that is getting harder with age.)

For me, it's not the misplacement that get's me down, it's the "forgetting" what I was supposed to do a few seconds ago. I find that as I am aging I am having trouble with my left leg and knee.... that's because that is the leg that I am constantly pivoting on, as I spin around to go back to get or do something that I just left behind. My wife laughs at me (good for her), as she comes to listen and count my foot steps... one, two, three... stop, spin, go back! And then repeat that several times.

One of the graces of getting older is that your sense of humour will hopefully increase dramatically. I do a heckuva lot of laughing at myself... what else can I do!

Life really is sort of humorous, so laugh defiantly,

CWS
          Last edited by CWSmith; 06-11-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

1950s Mom with Her foxtale wrap. Dad with His white shirt ,vest ,with watch fob N pork pie hat ,to be found yet. His best Man N Friend with his wife were waiting for Dad to find His Miss placed Hat! Our dog Skippy Got in Dad's way. Dad gave Skippy a boot in the Arse 1/2 way across the room! Eddie Laughed till HE CRIED AND SAID THE FOLLOWING
            " Arthur, That's beautiful, You can't find Your Hat ,so You give Your dog a boot in the Arse " This explains a lot about CRAZY ME !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Hey Tool, better the dog than one of the family! I just got out of the pool, glasses in hand

Comment

I should get my father to sign up on this website, cause he would fit right in with this thread. When he uses my tools or his, they get lost forever to the unknown plumbing gods, then I get blamed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  I should get my father to sign up on this website, cause he would fit right in with this thread. When he uses my tools or his, they get lost forever to the unknown plumbing gods, then I get blamed for it.
                  Flux, be nice to him, you'll have your turn at losing things and blaming the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Hey Tool, better the dog than one of the family! I just got out of the pool, glasses in hand
                    He was one balsey Irishman, Never lifted a hand to family.

Comment

Please bring the old Man around ! He must have done it all! I'm a Father Son tradesman.

Comment

I`m sitting here reading this thread with a neck brace on and feeling sorry for myself as its been three weeks since I had my c-4,5,6 and 7 vertebra and disks removed from the back of my neck and a block and titanium bracket installed to stop the compression of the nerves running down my left arm, and next month I will be having a reverse shoulder operation on my right shoulder if the biopsy shows that the septic arthistis that was injected into my right shoulder last year with a cortisone injection has gone I am strating to wonder is this is as good as it gets when your in your sixties

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                          I`m sitting here reading this thread with a neck brace on and feeling sorry for myself as its been three weeks since I had my c-4,5,6 and 7 vertebra and disks removed from the back of my neck and a block and titanium bracket installed to stop the compression of the nerves running down my left arm, and next month I will be having a reverse shoulder operation on my right shoulder if the biopsy shows that the septic arthistis that was injected into my right shoulder last year with a cortisone injection has gone I am strating to wonder is this is as good as it gets when your in your sixties

Tony
                          Tony, you are not feeling sorry for yourself by expressing your predicament accurately! I have herniated discs c4&5 and L4&5, hurts to lie down, and try to sleep, hurts to get up, and try to move. We beat the heck out of our bodies doing things they were not designed to do, and it catches up with us as we age. Your surgery should help to stabilize the damaged area, and relieve some pain, the trade off is loss of range of motion. You earned the right to talk about your procedures, pain, and any depression that naturally occurs.

I'm sure most of us would gladly be back at working full time jobs if we could only be well again. I was happy to come home covered in filth and dragging my feet after a long's day because I could go to bed, and actually sleep through the night, and wake up refreshed. These days it feels like someone beats the heck out of me when I wake up! Take it one day at a time, and give yourself a chance to heal up. I hope you get better soon, and post so we can offer support. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            Tool, I really respect guys like that including my Father! They didn't have the benefit of all these tv shows, magazines and all that to teach them how to behave with wives and kids. There were a couple occassions when my Dad got a little physical with me but they were rare and well deserved. I do think there was more respect for parents when I was growing up and that made it less frustrating on the adults.
                            My Dad was a go to work and come straight home kind of guy, but I worked with some good guys who hit the bar after work and still were well behaved around the family. The good guys I've known were kind to women, kids and animals. I do my best to follow that example, just ask my dog.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              It's a grand life! I believe our departed loved ones ,bail us out DAILY! I'm the luckiest stumble Bum I Know !

Comment

Working...
                              X