• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i bet this guy wishes he was using a waterless urinal

true story with the original link. this is a very delicate subject

Arby’s Urinal Scalds Man’s Genitals Lawsuit Claims

Neetzan Zimmerman

A lawsuit has been filed against an Arby's in Monument, Colorado, by a man claiming his genitals were burned to the point of malfunction by the restaurant's urinal.
    Kenneth Dejoie alleges that a "jet of steam" suddenly shot up at his private parts as he was using the urinal, burning them severely. When he informed an employee of the mishap, Dejoie says he was told that the "bathroom problem" has occurred before, and "happens when the sink in the kitchen is running."
    The incident supposedly took place two years ago.
    The Aurora resident is seeking an undisclosed amount in damages "for financial losses and as a result of his injuries not being able to have sex with his wife," according to CBS 4 Denver. Man Claims His Genitals Were Burned By Urinal In Arby’s « CBS Denver
    Arby's released a statement reassuring customers "that we are committed to providing quality food in a safe and healthy environment," but could not discuss the incident in question while the matter "is in litigation."

a waterless urinal still shares a common waste line, but with the urinal cartridge installed, i'm not sure if steam would blow by the trap and through the oily cartridge.

mark, aren't you the plaintifs expert on this one

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: i bet this guy wishes he was using a waterless urinal

How the hell would this happen in the first place?!

Comment

sizzle or something similar left in urinal?

unvented (or aav vented) fixtures, or urinal tied into sink trap arm upstream of vent and boiling water poured into the shared line from the sink?
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I cant figure out how you could force hot enough steam through a trap that would actually burn someone. Would the steam cool significantly on its way past other waste water. I'm a little skeptical here.

Comment

I had an issue at a Panda Express where their water heater was set at 180 degrees. It served both the kitchen and public restrooms. Cold water never got below 140 in the lavatories and toilets and 180 on the hot side. Found a cross connection in the ceiling.

Comment

The cross connection in the kitchen is most likely a pot wash sink with a spray head. When in use the hot 140+ degree water and cold are turned on but mixed at the faucet and let out through the spray head. If the operator just releases the spray head handle to stop the flow and the faucet handles are left on the water supplies will cross connect back through the faucet if there are no check valves in the lines. Most noticeable when the hot goes into the cold line and goes to other sinks through the cold side that should normally only have 110 degree water to them or a drinking fountain that now puts out hot water. Seen it several times. T&S brand kitchen equipment faucets now have check valves built into them so you don't have to add them into the line to help prevent this.

Comment

Working...
            X