X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Luck or Bad Karma

So as most know I was in the hospital for blood clots in my lungs. Spent a week in there, almost lost a good account. Well I did save the account, and the blood clots are dissolving away while I am on warfarn (blood thinners) .

Well yesterday my.van broke down in the middle of an expressway. Had it towed to the dealer, called them three times today and rhey have yet to look at it.

Today while researching tankless water heater service and wiring diagram for system controllers. Then my computer dies.

Man I can't take this bad luck or karma anymore... It is getting very frustrating. Something needs to give or change.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Bad Luck or Bad Karma

I've had those months, luckly not the health stuff, but I just keeping praying and eventually I get through it. And, it almost always works out for the best, and God shows me why it all happened. Best line of modern country songs, "if your going through hell, keep on going, don't slow down, if your scared, don't show it, face the fire, walk right through it and you might get out before the devil even knows your there"
    Last edited by Alphacowboy; 06-19-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Ratz, the Sun will shine again! You're a good Man,The Lord won't let You down. Keep going Brother.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

ron, i'm not getting any younger either. it happens to all of us. maybe not to the extrema you're seeing right now, but it happens.

get on the road to recovery and the rest will get sorted out.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Ron, sorry you are having a bad run of luck or whatever you want to call it, but in my opinion it's all a matter of perspective. From your perspective things are not going well, but what about the folks who didn't make it to the hospital, or didn't make it out? A real low point in my life was finding out my infant daughter had a terminal disease and was going to die. That lead to a number of very difficult decisoins and situations with my wife and at the time four year old daughter who needed plenty or reassurance, comforting and patience. The words going through my mind at the time and in other difficult situations is "where there is life, there is hope". The van and computer will either get fixed or somehow replaced. They are important items in your life, but not on a level that warrants your thinking you have bad luck or are deserving of bad karma! Change that internal dialogue, consider yourself lucky and blessed to be alive and able to experience a longer life.
          Every day is a gift, sounds cliche but it's true. What you are experiencing is normal following what you've been through, you are doubting life, shaken to realize you are not bullet proof. Watch some comedy clips on YouTube, make a list of good things in your life and things you would still want to accomplish. Put that list on your refridgerator and night table, read it outloud at least once a day. Like I tell my daughter who is prone to depression, good thoughts in, good thoughts out. Your choice to shut the door on the negative stuff. Keep posting, we want to be here for you. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            So as most know I was in the hospital for blood clots in my lungs. Spent a week in there, almost lost a good account. Well I did save the account, and the blood clots are dissolving away while I am on warfarn (blood thinners) .

Well yesterday my.van broke down in the middle of an expressway. Had it towed to the dealer, called them three times today and rhey have yet to look at it.

Today while researching tankless water heater service and wiring diagram for system controllers. Then my computer dies.

Man I can't take this bad luck or karma anymore... It is getting very frustrating. Something needs to give or change.

Ron, There WILL come a day when you look back on this week shake your head and chuckle. Don't forget you also missed out on a behind the scenes tour of a U boat along with free pizza.

Things WILL get better and I believe sooner than you think. Instead of getting your alternator replaced see if you can get the old one rewound at a motor repair shop. I had a buddy who has a sprinter get his done in a day and it saved him $300. What is telling is that you're still chugging away improving your skill set when you're not able to get around, so you're maximizing your time. Keep at it and things will work out.
            Libraries and college campuses frequently have computers you can access to go online if need be.

Maybe you should change your luck and move up to God's country. (That would be Minnesota). We have better pizza up here anyway from what I can tell.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

It seems like when the stuff hits the fan it come from all sides, jsut take one day at a time, (we can't change it any way), and don't let it get you down.
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

SewerRatz,

I understand your frustration, and sympathize with what you are going through. It is said, "when it rains, it pours"... I guess that means that trouble comes in waves and it's rarely just one thing. Personally, that's sort of stupid saying I think; but, my reality shows me that it is too often true for many of us. We simply get hit again and again.

Yet some people (I have a couple of close relatives and friends who seem to be like this) NEVER get hit with anything. No sad tales, no ailments, nothing ever breaks down, and it seems like one "lucky" thing after another blesses them. You know things like free tickets, they win a TV, somebody gives them something. It always appears to be something in thier favor. Yet for others of us, it is the opposite and we're most always on the wrong side of life's fence.

My wife is quite "religious", prays often, goes to Mass regularly, and has a prayer for almost everything. Me, I don't do the church thing. I've never been impressed by that. But, I do say a nightly prayer. Life leaves me with wondering about things though, and it seems laughable all too often.

My wife often feels "forsaken" and too often laments as to why "God" doesn't anwer her prayers or why some of us live in "benefit" and others of us live in "sorrow" with too many of life's troubles and struggles. I tell her that perhaps she doesn't know how lucky she is, maybe there was that event yesterday, or last week, or somewhere in our past that was supposed to end our life, or mangle us... but perhaps God prevented that from happening and we just don't know.

What I find, is that the people who always have it good, always seem to benefit, always are the people on the "good luck" side of things, don't appreciate it either. Stupid things like having it rain on the day of their picnic, or blowing a fuse, or simply having a bird crap on their window, seems to put them into dispair and I've heard them say, "Why did God make this happen?"

Personally, I don't look at it like this. It's not bad Karma or bad luck, or that my God doesn't take care of me. Stuff just happens and I like to think that MY God is simply too busy doing something else. I think my God has a helluva sense of humor or else must be on vacation or something. There's just too much misery and death in the world and I can't believe that he really gives a crap as how my little day is going. Perhaps in my life's end there might be that moment where I'll have to be reckoned with, and perhaps it will be at that moment when a tally will occur and I'll be judged on how well I held up under the occasional siege. Simply, I don't know and I don't think anybody does either!

So, inspite of all the failings that I see and misery that makes me question, or all of the blessings that I see which makes me wonder, I am sort of hedging my bet. I don't do the "church thing", but I try to keep "my coversation with God" going. Sometimes it's not a nice conversation; but most often it's a "appreciative" one. I've found that you can't take these hurdles seriously. You've got to laugh at it, and laugh at yourself in the process.

I don't think it is ever Karma, for that means that we expect to get back when you give. Hey, one does the best they can because that's who they are. There should never be an expectation of anything in return, so No Karma!

"Luck"... well, that's about what it is. Sometimes it may be on your side and often it will be against you. Just look at it with a big smile, but don't do anything to ever tempt it, for "Luck" should never be counted on.

So Yes, trouble comes in waves for many of us. It's not because you deserve it, no more than there are people who will go through thier week and have everything just perfect, too many don't deserve that either. It's just that "life" isn't fair. It was never supposed to be. If you are religious you might be able to blame it on Eve, the Snake, or maybe the even the Apple. If you're not religious, then I guess you can simply surmise that you're just not having a good month and maybe the next one will get better. Either way, its NOT your fault or the fault of anyone near you (unless you've peeved someone close to you! )

But here's wishing you much improvement, better luck, and God's blessings for a quick turn-around,

CWS
                Last edited by CWSmith; 06-20-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Thank you all for the encouraging thoughts and comments. I am taking things day by day. I also do realize there are people with worse situations than mine. Its just frustrating when things start to look up and then other things go bad. Two steps forward four back.

I am waiting for the day where its two forward and only one back. Till that time comes I will keep in mind the encouragement shown here on the forums. Thank you all again.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post

Maybe you should change your luck and move up to God's country. (That would be Minnesota). We have better pizza up here anyway from what I can tell.
                    He might need to bring an Ark though.... Man this rain is getting old, duluth is literally falling apart from just last nights soaking! They're talking possibility of another 4" by Saturday or more. What are we at this month, 16" or something crazy?

Comment

NEVER GIVE UP! - FROG & CRANE BATTLE!
                      Be the frog!

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                        He might need to bring an Ark though.... Man this rain is getting old, duluth is literally falling apart from just last nights soaking! They're talking possibility of another 4" by Saturday or more. What are we at this month, 16" or something crazy?
                        I didn't say he should move to Duluth for cryin out loud. They get way too much rain up there. The upside of lots of rain is no drout.

The Dali Lama goes into a pizza parlor and says to the guy making pizzas "Make me one with everything". Ba da Dah!

Comment

With all the prayers and good thought I am going to be like the frog and choke the **** out of this bad luck streak. Have to do things to start the positve ball rolling in my favor.

Thank you all once again.

Comment

So Ron,

Had a decent chuckle yet? How are things going?

Comment

Working...
                            X