Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: There Is A Future!

Originally posted by Flux View Post
    Do you mean the same capitalists that you and every other American has benefited from in life? If Capitalism is so bad, are you willing to return pension checks?
    Flux, the millions of hardworking Americans who have lost their jobs over the years because capitalists chose to move them to mexico, canada, europe, asia, or communist china would strongly disagree with you. The American towns that either vanished or are struggling from the loss of tax revenue that left with manufacturing and other businesses would disagree with you.

American capitalism of the 50's and 60's invested in the growth of America it's people and standard of living. All that is gone with the "profit margin" mentality. I see no benefit in enriching a brutal, communist nation that despises our rights and freedom! I worked for my pension check, but I do not support the bleeding of our tax dollars to those who are able bodied and either playing the system or simply unable to find work. Before you insult all the unemployed remember a mcdonalds job will not support a household such as your! We need to bring back businesses and jobs and let the communists fend for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Flux, the millions of hardworking Americans who have lost their jobs over the years because capitalists chose to move them to mexico, canada, europe, asia, or communist china would strongly disagree with you. The American towns that either vanished or are struggling from the loss of tax revenue that left with manufacturing and other businesses would disagree with you.

American capitalism of the 50's and 60's invested in the growth of America it's people and standard of living. All that is gone with the "profit margin" mentality. I see no benefit in enriching a brutal, communist nation that despises our rights and freedom! I worked for my pension check, but I do not support the bleeding of our tax dollars to those who are able bodied and either playing the system or simply unable to find work. Before you insult all the unemployed remember a mcdonalds job will not support a household such as your! We need to bring back businesses and jobs and let the communists fend for themselves.
      Unions have been bleeding the tax payers for years, but I never see you talk about that..why is that Frank?

The Unions played their part in jobs going over seas as well, so let's not play "we are innocent" card. The Unions helped force those hands and made it an easy decision for investors.

Stating only 1 aspect of Capitalism and condemning the other parts, while benefitting from it warrants an insult...sorry.

Comment

Unions have been bleeding the tax payers for years, but I never see you talk about that..why is that Frank?

The Unions played their part in jobs going over seas as well, so let's not play "we are innocent" card. The Unions helped force those hands and made it an easy decision for investors.

Stating only 1 aspect of Capitalism and condemning the other parts, while benefitting from it warrants an insult...sorry.
        Most of the jobs our country lost were not Union and would have gone even at minimum wage. You are supporting the death of America and have been brainwashed to think Unions are to blame. See beyond your hatred of Unions and open your eyes to the millions of hardworking Americans hurt by bottom line money hungry idiots wiling to hurt us and help communism. You also ignored the rest of my post such as our borders and illegal population. Democrats and republicans share those failures as well. Remember licensed tradespeople are hurt by unlicensed illegals taking jobs from Americans. Like I said, take the Unions off the plate and you still have a failed economy and no plan to recover from either party. Given our economy, I think there is enough blame to go around and capitalists share in that blame. Ignoring anyone, any group, or institution Unions included is an insult to all of us and accomplishes nothing going forward. You can crush the Unions and still not see a return of jobs because of the slave wages, working conditions and absense of governement institutions such as the EPA and OSHA. Flux, you can't seriously think if Unions did not exist jobs would still be here?

Comment

Most of the jobs our country lost were not Union and would have gone even at minimum wage. You are supporting the death of America and have been brainwashed to think Unions are to blame. See beyond your hatred of Unions and open your eyes to the millions of hardworking Americans hurt by bottom line money hungry idiots wiling to hurt us and help communism. You also ignored the rest of my post such as our borders and illegal population. Democrats and republicans share those failures as well. Remember licensed tradespeople are hurt by unlicensed illegals taking jobs from Americans. Like I said, take the Unions off the plate and you still have a failed economy and no plan to recover from either party. Given our economy, I think there is enough blame to go around and capitalists share in that blame. Ignoring anyone, any group, or institution Unions included is an insult to all of us and accomplishes nothing going forward. You can crush the Unions and still not see a return of jobs because of the slave wages, working conditions and absense of governement institutions such as the EPA and OSHA. Flux, you can't seriously think if Unions did not exist jobs would still be here?
          Frank, you wrote this same story 6 months ago...time for something new.

Comment

Frank, you wrote this same story 6 months ago...time for something new.
            Time for you to see beyond Unions and face the facts, not what you heard on Fox (which I watch) or learned from a bad experience. MY experience with Unions was a positive one, but I can still admit in a broken economy they cannot maintain demands. You and I will not agree on Unions, but perhaps you can be more open to the many causes of our failed economy? I do not defend those who hurt America for profit or other gain. Look at the sixteen trillion dollar debt, trade deficit, labels on your clothing, appliances, electronics and autos, then tell me we have a fighting chance of turning this around?

Comment

Re: "There Is No Future!"

Flux, I have been writing and discussing the same things for years, not months. I'm curious what you think of our nations failures over the years in the area of national debt, borders security, illegals, trade deficit, unemployment to mention a few? Come on speak up on something else besides Unions which I was happy to discuss. Let us hear your thoughts about how we got here and how it will change?

Comment

Time for you to see beyond Unions and face the facts, not what you heard on Fox (which I watch) or learned from a bad experience. MY experience with Unions was a positive one, but I can still admit in a broken economy they cannot maintain demands. You and I will not agree on Unions, but perhaps you can be more open to the many causes of our failed economy? I do not defend those who hurt America for profit or other gain. Look at the sixteen trillion dollar debt, trade deficit, labels on your clothing, appliances, electronics and autos, then tell me we have a fighting chance of turning this around?
                Fox wasn't around when I learned this in school from Public Union teachers.

Comment

Flux, I won't ask you again to comment on all the other things I mentioned. You are not alone when it comes to being at a loss on how or why we are in this predicament. I have yet to hear anyone discuss in detail how our economy and other problems can be resolved.
                  Fox has talked about Unions, but also discussed at length the damage done by the other things I mentioned. I think it's best to not think on our economy and other problems too much, the lack of answers or a plan can only end badly.

Comment

Heres a story about some swell union workers.

Heat Wave to Test Power Grid As Utility Threatens Strike | NBC New York
                    26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
                      Con Edison is similar to Verizon is being very capable of averting a strike. Unless you understand the wealth of these companies and the working conditions of thier employees you are not making an educated observation that the Union workers are "swell". I've worked in the streets of NYC and in the filth ridden back yards, they could not pay me enough. If you disagree, quit your job and try doing what I did or what these "swell" Union workers do. I guarantee you would gladly go back to your job and not insult others from afar. Now let's hear from the Union haters who don't want them to get better benefits or pay raises, while they themselves pass off their higher costs to their customers without any regrets! Frank

Comment

Threating to strike during a heatwave where people could die without power is about as low as it goes.
                        26+6=1

Comment

Threating to strike during a heatwave where people could die without power is about as low as it goes.
                          Forcing workers to strike when con edison could easily meet their demands is lower in my opinion. You are being critical from a distance and without knowing the facts. Verizon forced us to strike for months at a time only to meet our demands in the end. These are very wealthy, very stable companies that have no problem meeting Union demands, unlike the ability of some of your customers to pay your fees!
                          How low it that, to put your increasing costs onto the backs of your customers? Would you lower your prices and work at a loss? Neither will those swell Union workers because they have expenses and families as well.

Comment

My customers know what my fees are before I start working. Your being critical from a distance without knowing the facts.
                            26+6=1

Comment

My customers know what my fees are before I start working. Your being critical from a distance without knowing the facts.
                              Con edison and the Union both know what they can agree upon prior to a strike. Now if you are done second guessing something you know nothing about, I'm done. We are all swell guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X