X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There Is No Future!"

My wife's half sister and her 38year old son are visiting from Italy for a couple of weeks. We cooked all day and had them over for dinner along with some other family. He seems like a nice enough guy and although he spoke almost no English and I speak almost no Italian we got along fine.
    My sister inlaw translated for us later in the evening when guests trying to out yell eachother quieted down( these people are loud!!!). I asked what kind of work he did back home and his answer was all sorts of work, but not currently working. He graduated from college with a degree in finance and his last job was three hours from home as a fast food manager. When I asked what about the future? He looked upset and the translation from my sister inlaw was "There is no future!".
    He said his older brother who was an insurance agent for twenty years was now cutting grass because everyone is dropping their insurance. It's one thing to hear about Greece, Italy and Spain having serious economic problems, but to see the hopelessness up close is disturbing. I believe this guy was not a bum and wants to work but things are worse there than here. I sure hope there is progress on the job front and economy in general. I don't want our situation to get that bad. Frank

There Is A Future!

There IS a future, but the only way we will get there is for those bums in Washington to start compromising and stop using their votes as political ammunition to derail every piece of legislation that comes down the pike. They also need to start representing the wishes of their constituents and what the 'think' they want them to do. What the hell is that anyway...I think they want me to do this or that. That's just a politically correct way of saying screw you, I'm voting they way I want or they way they are paying me to vote (through some hidden perk, job promised for after they retire from congress, stock tip, etc.)
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Re: There Is A Future!

I agree to disagree Bob, any piece of legislation coming from this administration should absolutely be derailed, as this President is the most divisive in American history. This isn't the Bill Clinton years in where both sides got along for the most part and made things work in Washington. The Democratic party has been hijacked by the far left loons since the Clinton years, and any moderate that might be in office right now are afraid to speak out in fear of losing their political careers. Not having any moderate democrats in D.C. is hurting right now as they are usually the ones who can bridge the gap with the republicans.

I wouldn't stand for it if the far right was out of control and hijacked the party either.

I agree with you Frank, as there is NO future as long as Obama occupies the White House, as his policies and beliefs have never worked anywhere in the civilized world.

Comment

Frank I just spent two weeks in Italy and Greece. Hes right, there is no future for those workers. It seemed like the whole country was on strike in greece. No trash pickup for weeks. Mounds as high as 2 stories on most corners. 1/2 of the stores closed permanently the other half only open for a few hours a day. Unwashed children under five or six roaming the streets alone begging tourists for food scraps.Italy not nearly as bad as greece but heading there. Naples had hundreds of people actually living IN the city landfill. If he spoke no english im guessing hes not from a tourist area. Most italians i spoke with had decent language skills.

Comment

"I wouldn't stand for it if the far right was out of control and hijacked the party either." What do you call the Tea Party?

Comment

Hey guys. I'm a little out of the loop.

Are we still blaming Obama for the price of gas?

Comment

I'm not blaming President Obama for the price of gas, but I do place some blame on him and past Presidents and legislators. Unless I'm totally clueless in my assumptions on the economy, using tax dollars to employ Americans does not fix the problem of unemployment.
              I keep going back to the example of comparing our country's economy to a small village, if the residents of that village stopped making what they consumed, and did all the other unwise things we do but on a much larger scale, the village would cease to exist. We can break the unions, tax the wealthy until they have nothing, create millions of government jobs and be worse off than we are right now!

Our economic disaster did not happen overnight, the loss of manufacturing and the jobs and tax revenue it provided took years. The transition of middle income earning from the relatively simple existence of the 50's to the present time is remarkable. I spend over $100 a month to watch tv, over $200 for cell phone use, another $75 for telephone and Internet. We taxpayers support healthcare and education for folks who can't or don't work in addition to people who are not here legally. We are in the routine of buying and replacing costly computers and other personal electronics that bleed us of our wealth and enrich foreign economies. Can we reasonable expect a reversal of this unsustainable behavior? Explain to me how any candidate or party can make "it" work right, I am all ears. Frank

Comment

I didn't say to pass every bill that gets put on the table, I'm saying that there needs to be some discussion and some movement on both sides, this stalemate is helping no one, and it is hurting the economy. Do what you were sent there to do and stop the BS.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                  "I wouldn't stand for it if the far right was out of control and hijacked the party either." What do you call the Tea Party?
                  This is a prime example of the main stream media brain washing people.

The Tea Party are not just Republican's...they are made up of Independents, Libertarian, Democrats, Constitutional and Whig party.

I may vote Republican, but I'm registered with the Constitutional party, and I support the Tea Party 100%.

Stop listening to the main stream media lies as they are severely inaccurate.

Comment

[QUOTE=Flux;378892]This is a prime example of the main stream media brain washing people.

The Tea Party are not just Republican's...they are made up of Independents, Libertarian, Democrats, Constitutional and Whig party.

I may vote Republican, but I'm registered with the Constitutional party, and I support the Tea Party 100%.

I do't see any names of Democrats,Libertarian, etc. being posted! Can you name some that are Tea party members?

Comment

I can't understand how you guys can defend either party? Did either party defend our borders from illegals, violent criminals? How about overspending, or the loss of businesses and jobs? Has either party refused to deal with lobbyists and other special interest groups and do what's good for America? I believe the truth is that they have both let us down but it's too embarassing to admit so you continue to defend behavior on both sides that got us here!

Do any of you seriously believe that raising or lowing taxes will really fix our unemployment problems? Small businesses are hurting because of many other problems and they are not going to solve the unemployment issue or the economy. We are trying to build a house without a foundation! When you buy the clothing, electronics, appliances, automobiles and everything else we import, ask yourself how we have not collapsed yet? Our country is using a economic formula that does not work. Unions, taxes, the tea party are just icing on a rotted cake. Vegas was built on the money of losers, and communist china has grown strong from our consumer wealth. Sure we need to cut wasteful government spending, special interest influence and the laundry list of things we discuss here, but with all that done we still have a broken economy. You guys need to stop defending your party and look at where we are and where we are going regardless of who is in office. Frank

Comment

[QUOTE=Pipestone Kid;378900]
                        Originally posted by Flux View Post
                        I don't see any names of Democrats,Libertarian, etc. being posted! Can you name some that are Tea party members?
                        There is a difference between supporting the Tea party and being Tea Party members. The 2 big names that come to mind is Donald trump and Glenn Beck....neither of those guys are Republicans. It's been said Trump is Libertarian, but I honestly thought the guy was always a moderate democrat.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          I can't understand how you guys can defend either party? Did either party defend our borders from illegals, violent criminals? How about overspending, or the loss of businesses and jobs? Has either party refused to deal with lobbyists and other special interest groups and do what's good for America? I believe the truth is that they have both let us down but it's too embarassing to admit so you continue to defend behavior on both sides that got us here!

Do any of you seriously believe that raising or lowing taxes will really fix our unemployment problems? Small businesses are hurting because of many other problems and they are not going to solve the unemployment issue or the economy. We are trying to build a house without a foundation! When you buy the clothing, electronics, appliances, automobiles and everything else we import, ask yourself how we have not collapsed yet? Our country is using a economic formula that does not work. Unions, taxes, the tea party are just icing on a rotted cake. Vegas was built on the money of losers, and communist china has grown strong from our consumer wealth. Sure we need to cut wasteful government spending, special interest influence and the laundry list of things we discuss here, but with all that done we still have a broken economy. You guys need to stop defending your party and look at where we are and where we are going regardless of who is in office. Frank
                          Really Frank?

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                            Really Frank?
                            Most definately! Every single President and legislator who did nothing to secure our borders, stop overspending, prevent businesses and jobs from leaving by entacting legislation, is responsible for where we are right now and where we are heading! I'd say this goes back a good forty to fifty years. That's how far back the lack of foresight and damage was done. Our economy is so big, and so unlike that of a much smaller and responsible entity that it took this long to realize the effects of overspending, illegals, job loss and everything else done wrong. You can either take off the blinders and admit the wrong doing by both parties or continue to defend people who stood by and did nothing or made it much worse. I will never forget how President Bush paled around with president of mexico vincente fox. I will never forget how President Bush complimented illegals for doing such a good job in our country!

Yes, Really Flux and everryone who thinks the republicans and democrats have clean hands in where we are, or that one is better than the other. The sixteen trillion debt, trade imbalance, massive unemployment, 20 million illegal population, and all our other problems did not suddenly appear with President Bush and Obama, although they they made it worse. All these things were years in the making!
                            How would you feel if you worked at a company where the last ten CEO's overspent into bankruptsy, outsourced your work brought in illegals to work, gave away money to other companies, and then blamed eachother?

I will vote for Romney, but the democrats and republicans got us here and share the damage, REALLY!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              Most definately! Every single President and legislator who did nothing to secure our borders, stop overspending, prevent businesses and jobs from leaving by entacting legislation, is responsible for where we are right now and where we are heading! I'd say this goes back a good forty to fifty years. That's how far back the lack of foresight and damage was done. Our economy is so big, and so unlike that of a much smaller and responsible entity that it took this long to realize the effects of overspending, illegals, job loss and everything else done wrong. You can either take off the blinders and admit the wrong doing by both parties or continue to defend people who stood by and did nothing or made it much worse. I will never forget how President Bush paled around with president of mexico vincente fox. I will never forget how President Bush complimented illegals for doing such a good job in our country!

Yes, Really Flux and everryone who thinks the republicans and democrats have clean hands in where we are, or that one is better than the other. The sixteen trillion debt, trade imbalance, massive unemployment, 20 million illegal population, and all our other problems did not suddenly appear with President Bush and Obama, although they they made it worse. All these things were years in the making!
                              How would you feel if you worked at a company where the last ten CEO's overspent into bankruptsy, outsourced your work brought in illegals to work, gave away money to other companies, and then blamed eachother?

I will vote for Romney, but the democrats and republicans got us here and share the damage, REALLY!
                              Everything you just described is what the Tea party is against, but yet you made inaccurate claims against the group because the main stream media has poison your mind into thinking a certain way. That's twice now I had to correct someone on what the Tea party is, it's not that hard to find this information out on your own, so misinformed people don't look silly when they open their mouths.

I thought it was bad enough when Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton brain washed a certain group of people, but the main stream media has everyone else right where they want them.

About Tea Party Patriots | Tea Party Patriots

Comment

Working...
                              X