Interesting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting

I didn't know Teflon was still protected by trade mark law.
    Real Teflon® Brand | DuPont™ Teflon®

Re: Interesting

And don't sat romex !!! OPPS.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I guess it's a good thing that Teflon is being slowly phased out!
      Especially with cooking tools.

Comment

Yep,

For all of my career as a technical writer, any mention of the word "Teflon" had to be subnoted as a "registered trademark of Dupont". Actually, we stopped using the "Teflon" name as in most cases, it wasn't really the Dupont product that was used. IIRC, any such low-friction application of this kind of product was referred to as "PTFE", the abbreciation for polytetrafluoroethylene (Tetrafluoroethylene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).

There are a lot of names and labels that we use, that aren't really the proper names of the tools or subjects, but are more in keeping with the labels that we've learned to use. For example, the "Skilsaw" is a proprietary name for the "circular saw" that the "Skil" company made popular. Almost all of us know that tool as a "circular saw", but still today you often see someone refer to it as a "Skilsaw".

There are lots of "labels" out there, some of regional and some are very wide-spread. It would be interesting, I think, to list them all sometime.

CWS

Comment

Working...
        X