Why do I read the news?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I read the news?

Just to be depressed. Everyone knows that California is in serious financial trouble but somehow they found the time to ban all foie gras in the state. That's goose liver.

But then I see the crappy weather the rest of the nation is having and I'm happy to live here again
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Why do I read the news?

California is a nation of its own.

Comment

How about open season on Politician's Liver ?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I thought you were being sarcastic about the foie gras! I guess it's easier for the politicians to after things like foie gras and large sodas, than the issues destroying our society! Good idea to take a break from reading and watching the news.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Just to be depressed. Everyone knows that California is in serious financial trouble but somehow they found the time to ban all foie gras in the state. That's goose liver.

But then I see the crappy weather the rest of the nation is having and I'm happy to live here again
          I don't eat liver at all it's nasty. Foi gras created by force feeding geese over a long period of time to force the liver to become grossly oversized. I imagine people in general wouldn't have a problem with foi gras if it wasn't created through what is essentially torture to a sentient life form. Would anyone tolerate the same treatment being applied to their pet dog? Foie gras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although you would think the politicians would have higher priorities in a time of depression and financial stress. (I contend the U.S. remains in a depression and the current weak economic expansion will fail.)
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

My Facebook wall feed is like my news these days and if you "friend" the right people, it can be rewarding, fun and uplifting Vs the traditional news

I mean FB is real people with real news Vs, The news station twisting the peoples words just to sell advertising

Comment

Working...
            X