X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so funny story

We'll This was the 2nd day ,and last in San Francisco. This is right down town. For Years My work in S.F. has been on single family homes. Law office is moving to a new location. Only have 3 hours work ,Maybe. Go to commercial Parking garage. I tell them maybe 3 hrs. " $50.00 !!. See Ya Cyrus" Find a Commercial Red meter Put $3.50 in Quarters. Meter Guy Pulls up." Red Meters are for 6 wheel, an up, trucks only, You'll be towed. Find a yellow one"
    Find a Yellow one Start with Quarters Sign comes up ,out of order! Unload tools from pickup to 2 wheeler, Up elevator
    Unload tools,empty office. Back down find another Meter another $3.50. Start work watching truck out window,
    back down More Quarters. Another Contractor walks up ' You'll get towed Bud " "Why just filled the meter?"
    You Need to buy a S.F. contractors sticker for Your window .like Mine here,Plus stuff the meter. Then You have to move truck each Hr. Started to work a little, look out window a lot ! Fk this! Pack up My Lil Circus , outta dodge for good. Call His secretary. Explain My delima, No charge for the work SO SORRY! Between the" Ball Bustin inspectors,
    The BLOOD SUCKING S.F. Govt., The " TRASH PANHANDLERS " I'm through with S.f. for work. Most of My work is
    In My residential area. 20 Years ago I ran a Guy face first into a parked car in S.F. He deserved it. I was at that rage today. RANT OVER
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Not so funny story

now you know why the bathroom and law office had the same key. the locksmith was out of there too.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      now you know why the bathroom and law office had the same key. the locksmith was out of there too.

rick.
      Good point! I also noticed Two different Cont. ,Had apprentices standing beside their work trucks Keeping watch for the Meter Maids. A few Years ago a Guy was doing
      a project and got a $700.00 for blocking a sidewalk with His back Hoe. He was replacing it ? I'm just not set up for this Circus. I don't know how You Service plumbers handle this in L.A. and other citys
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        We'll This was the 2nd day ,and last in San Francisco. This is right down town. For Years My work in S.F. has been on single family homes. Law office is moving to a new location. Only have 3 hours work ,Maybe. Go to commercial Parking garage. I tell them maybe 3 hrs. " $50.00 !!. See Ya Cyrus" Find a Commercial Red meter Put $3.50 in Quarters. Meter Guy Pulls up." Red Meters are for 6 wheel, an up, trucks only, You'll be towed. Find a yellow one"
        Find a Yellow one Start with Quarters Sign comes up ,out of order! Unload tools from pickup to 2 wheeler, Up elevator
        Unload tools,empty office. Back down find another Meter another $3.50. Start work watching truck out window,
        back down More Quarters. Another Contractor walks up ' You'll get towed Bud " "Why just filled the meter?"
        You Need to buy a S.F. contractors sticker for Your window .like Mine here,Plus stuff the meter. Then You have to move truck each Hr. Started to work a little, look out window a lot ! Fk this! Pack up My Lil Circus , outta dodge for good. Call His secretary. Explain My delima, No charge for the work SO SORRY! Between the" Ball Bustin inspectors,
        The BLOOD SUCKING S.F. Govt., The " TRASH PANHANDLERS " I'm through with S.f. for work. Most of My work is
        In My residential area. 20 Years ago I ran a Guy face first into a parked car in S.F. He deserved it. I was at that rage today. RANT OVER
        Tool,

A couple weekends ago my wife of 35 years and I took the two granddaughters to Chicago and the Wisconsin Dells for the weekend. While in Chicago we parked the van and were going to walk to Millenium park. We had gotten out of the van walked half a block and the 3 year old says carry me. Then the 4 year old says carry me. We have maybe a mile left to walk. Plus we're carrying camera and a bag of crap for the kids needs . I say screw this we'll get a closer parking spot. We walk back to the van. Been parked for what... 5 - 10 minutes. $25.

To park under millenium park cost $20.

To park in the Chicago museum of science and industry cost $20.

To park near the Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium cost $20.

I spent more on parking than I did at the destinations. (Well, maybe that's an exaggeration)

Parking!! We're in the wrong business.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
          Tool,

A couple weekends ago my wife of 35 years and I took the two granddaughters to Chicago and the Wisconsin Dells for the weekend. While in Chicago we parked the van and were going to walk to Millenium park. We had gotten out of the van walked half a block and the 3 year old says carry me. Then the 4 year old says carry me. We have maybe a mile left to walk. Plus we're carrying camera and a bag of crap for the kids needs . I say screw this we'll get a closer parking spot. We walk back to the van. Been parked for what... 5 - 10 minutes. $25.

To park under millenium park cost $20.

To park in the Chicago museum of science and industry cost $20.

To park near the Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium cost $20.

I spent more on parking than I did at the destinations. (Well, maybe that's an exaggeration)

Parking!! We're in the wrong business.
          In SF You must curb Your wheels on a hill. Makes sense, You've seen " bullet" Many steep grades! But wait, now it's an $80.00
          ticket on a 3% grade ?? That's 1.35 degrees ! It's all about the $$$$$$$$

Comment

A couple years back some guy paid a million dollars for a parking spot in downtown Boston. Said that in the long run it was a bargain.
            sigpic

Comment

And people wonder why I avoid downtown areas like the plague...

Comment

Working...
              X