X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure washer question

This might sound stupid, but I bought a 300psi, 2.6gpm Ridgid pressure washer and after putting it together noticed a tube that is attached to the top of the pump that does not fit into anything. The manual does not indicate what this is for and I am guessing it might be for the soap dispenser, but want to know for sure before I start it up. Can anyone help me identify this?

Re: Pressure washer question

I don't own that particular pressure washer but on my Karcher unit the tube is used for what you think it's used for. I'm sure someone will be along shortly who owns that model of pressure washers and will let you know for sure if that's what it is for.

I just took a look at the manual and I think that they call that hose the Injection Hose. See the top of page 8 in the Owners Manual entitled Attaching Injection Hose, HTH.
    Last edited by BadgerDave; 07-04-2012, 07:46 PM. Reason: Add Comment
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Small (1/8 ID) black hose attached to a black plastic fitting?
      That's the pump vent hose. Should just hang down anywhere out of the way.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I did not read anything about a pump vent hose, but that makes sense. Is it me or is this a poorly engineered design? The hose readily comes off as there is no clamp holding it in place to the plastic fitting.

Comment

It's not a poorly engineered design. It's just you.

(I don't often get to be an asshat to a cop... it's always the other way around, so deal with it.)

Actually, it just doesn't matter. It's just a vent tube. You could throw the tube in the trash and the unit would work just like always except you might get a few drops of oil on top of the pump.
          Last edited by Doctordeere; 07-04-2012, 10:57 PM.
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

If it was down below and larger it would be a chemical pick up tube !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X