X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID FaceBook Page

As you know, we're huge fans of the RIDGID Forum due to the wealth of pro experience on here. We would love to see a few of you participating on the RIDGID Facebook site as well if your time allows. Please LIKE our RIDGID Facebook page to stay abreast of the latest videos and product reviews we have to offer. No disrespect to the laypersons, but I wouldn't want any RIDGID site to be dominated by DIY'ers! Hope to see you there!

Re: RIDGID FaceBook Page

Not gonna happen with me Dave. I hate Facebook. Think the two schmucks that came up with it should be in jail.
    sigpic

Comment

What kind of thread is this supposed to be? If you represent Ridgid would you also prefer only professionals purchase Ridgid tools?
      Don't worry, you won't see this DIY'er there! Frank

Comment

Dave,

With all due respect, I think your comment, "No disrespect to the laypersons, but I wouldn't want any RIDGID site to be dominated by DIY'ers!" was most disrespectful!

I of course do not have the "numbers", but I'm willing to guess that us "DIY'ers" make up a pretty good percent of your market, and we offer a considerable amount of well-practiced experience and help to this forum and our family of members.

You can also count me among those who do NOT participate in the Facebook society.

CWS
        Last edited by CWSmith; 07-19-2012, 02:05 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

Comment

Well okay I went and checked out this Ridgid page on FB. Looks interesting although it is obviously a marketing site but they seem to have some free giveaways etc.

I checked the "about" section and there is no mention that the page is not open to DIYers.

No disrespect to the laypersons, but I wouldn't want any RIDGID site to be dominated by DIY'ers!
          Dave would you like to clarify this comment? Is this official Ridgid policy?

Comment

Well this certainly has turned into a divisive little thread. Hey Dave......maybe should have thought that one out a little better LOL Anyway I'm pretty sure pissing off the DIY contingent was not your goal here. Kind of like Obama's comment about businessmen not succeeding without help LOL.

Guys, give Dave a hand and help him remove his foot from his mouth.
            sigpic

Comment

Dave, I'll accept an apology for Ridgid offering such a limited number of 18volt cordless tools to compliment their amazing hyper lithium battery. Dave I would like to suggest you folks in "marketing"
              read the forum and visit home depot, your exclusive dealer for Ridgid cordless tools. You will discover both professionals and DIY'ers need a wide array of cordless tools and would prefer to use one battery brand and configuration. You want to increase your market share and sales? Offer tool for tool against Ryobi, Milwaukee, DeWalt and the rest. Facebook does not change the fact that Ridgid is far behind the competition in cordless tools such as a grinder, or heavy duty 1/2inch impact wrench. Maybe you folks need to actually work with these tools and discover how the competition is cleaning up, while Ridgid sells kits with a very limited range of tools and uses! Respectfully, Frank B.

Comment

I just came back from the Skills USA competition. They have a huge trade and vendor show. The Milwaukee booth is huge and showcases all of their tool lines. The number of cordless tools they have is staggering. I picked up a battery powered hand held band saw while I was there, amazing.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  Guys, give Dave a hand and help him remove his foot from his mouth.
                  Here ya go Dave.........
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I do NOT go anywhere near Facebook.

Comment

You guys are really missing out. The giveaways and the photos of the models not to mention the info on all the hot Ridgid tools

It says they have over 10,000 FB "likes" - although maybe they are all from "laypersons"

Comment

joey is on the ridgid page. i would consider her a semi pro as in the 10+ years she's been with me she's learned a lot about plumbing.

i remember the very first date we went on and as we got out of the car she asked where the bathroom was located in the mall. i looked up at the piping in the parking garage and pointed her the right direction to not only the bathroom, but the womens room

now she knows how to spot them from below.

but the best was 1 night at home depot when she helped a shopper pick a good plunger. she told him to throw it on the ground and the one that stuck was the keeper.

5 plungers later he had his keeper and joey had to pick me up from the ground couldn't stop laughing all night long.

so joey's a pro when it comes to plumbing.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          joey is on the ridgid page. i would consider her a semi pro as in the 10+ years she's been with me she's learned a lot about plumbing.

i remember the very first date we went on and as we got out of the car she asked where the bathroom was located in the mall. i looked up at the piping in the parking garage and pointed her the right direction to not only the bathroom, but the womens room

but the best was 1 night at home depot when she helped a shopper pick a good plunger. she told him to throw it on the ground and the one that stuck was the keeper.

5 plungers later he had his keeper and joey had to pick me up from the ground couldn't stop laughing all night long.

rick.

Is she the type to throw spaghetti on the fridge to test if its done?
                          AllurePlumbing.com
                          • leak detection
                          • drain cleaning
                          • utility locating
                          • conductor fault locating
                          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                            I can well believe that Rick. I'm sure anyone who knows you and hear talking about plumbing will become a pro rather quickly.

On that note I think I will promote myself to a pro too and "like" their page. Hopefully this Dave won't be too disappointed I'm actually a layperson.

I don't use FB much (although it has its uses) but I did "like" a local masonry company a couple of years ago which got me a coupon to save quite a bit on an order of masonry and stone when I remodeled my backyard.

Comment

Working...
                            X