X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Massacre, Your Thoughts

I just heard details on the movie theatre shooting in Colorado, and hoped we could share our thoughts as we pray for the victims and their families. I sometimes imagine if I carried a handgun how I could protect myself or thwart a crime, but the gunman was extremely well protected by ballistic gear, caused a diversion with gas bombs, and caused all those injuries in a couple of minutes!
    I think this is one of those situations where you could be sitting with your finger on the trigger, safety off, and still be helpless to stop the killing! Clearly the shooter was well protected and was taken into custody without incident, proving he cared about his own life! I think he needs to die, a slow and painful death if possible. I don't want to know his name, give him publicity, or examine his motives. Frank

Re: Colorado Massacre, Your Thoughts

He definitely caught everyone by surprise and I am not sure much could have been done. However, most there were teenagers who really don't have concealed carry. Had a trained citizen with a weapon been in the theater, a bulletproof vest is worthless against a head or extremity shot. Still it is sad we have to have these discussions. It sounds like he was fairly well educated yet still he snapped. I'm sure we will learn more in the near future about why he snapped but it will not make is any easier.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      I just heard details on the movie theatre shooting in Colorado, and hoped we could share our thoughts as we pray for the victims and their families. I sometimes imagine if I carried a handgun how I could protect myself or thwart a crime, but the gunman was extremely well protected by ballistic gear, caused a diversion with gas bombs, and caused all those injuries in a couple of minutes!
      I think this is one of those situations where you could be sitting with your finger on the trigger, safety off, and still be helpless to stop the killing! Clearly the shooter was well protected and was taken into custody without incident, proving he cared about his own life! I think he needs to die, a slow and painful death if possible. I don't want to know his name, give him publicity, or examine his motives. Frank
      I agree with everything but the slow and painful death. I think he should be tortured to the brink of death for the rest of my life.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Another interesting reporting, Good Morning America tried to suggest he was a member of the Tea Party. Now instead OWS Black Bloc says he was one of theirs.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

On the news today, I heard that as a result of this, many theater chains are now refusing admission to anyone with any kind of costume or any kind of carried items.

This is going to be another of the many changes that we have all seen through the years, especially since 9-11.

Another sad, sad day in America.

Ron

Last edited by lreops; 07-20-2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Metal detectors at mall and movie theaters is probably in our future.
            All this security crap, it's just one more gotcha for the terrorists and nut jobs out there.
            They have caused all these little inconveniences that when taken together have really changed America for the worst. I'm glad I'm not a kid growing up in today's world. All the things I enjoyed doing as a youngster wouldn't' be possible now. Makes me sad and angry at the same time. Sorrow for today's youth and anger for the criminals that have brought this on us.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

It was a terrible tragic night ... But we cant let one Waco change are everyday life

Comment

Not one Man had the balls to tackle Him ???
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Now pelosi and the rest of gun grabbers will be out to add $1.70 tax per round victims fund !
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I heard he entered the theatre through a exit door. What good would a metal detector serve unless you had armed guards ready to open fire?
                    I think before we move to install metal detectors throughout our society we should consider arming law abiding citizens and requiring proper firearm training.

Comment

Thank You Frank

Comment

Now what is it the second amendment the right to bear arms any arms or the third amendment O hell who cares we in Australia can only bear a knife or if we are lucky a good right fist and to kill seven people and wound fifty in a picture theatre would take all night I am not sure but its the same in England and Europe where civilised societies have no need for their citizens to bear arms and trust in their armed forces and police to protect them.

Tony

Comment

this fool is a domestic terrorist and needs to be treated and dealt with as one.

the thing that saddens me most about crap like this is 10 years from now people will know this guys name, but none of the victims name will ever ring a bell.

well frank you asked for our thoughts and at this point these are my thoughts.
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                            this fool is a domestic terrorist and needs to be treated and dealt with as one.

the thing that saddens me most about crap like this is 10 years from now people will know this guys name, but none of the victims name will ever ring a bell.

well frank you asked for our thoughts and at this point these are my thoughts.
                            I totally agree with you! They should not speak his name or show his picture because that may have been part of his motive. Just speak of the innocent lives he cut short and his cowardly actions. Maybe instead of serving him food they could have him eat his ballistic gear?
                            How insane could he be if he wore all that protective gear and gave up before he could be killed? Put him general population and let the inmates hand out justice!

Comment

I like the idea of the inmates handing out justice. For people like him AND child molesters.
                              When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Working...
                              X