X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk talk talk

Do you know what the problem is? I bet you do. I know what the problem is too. In fact, I suspect that about 90% of use know what the problems are. We think we know who caused them, when they started, why they started, in fact we pretty much know all there is to know about them. We talk and argue about them endlessly. We listen to radio and television shows with pundits and experts all talking about them. We rally for our side and lambaste the other. We lament the direction that those decisions have taken us and we vow to do something about it. But.......we don't. We elect people to do something about them and........they don't. We expect the President to do something about them but........He can't. Problems, problems, problems, and not a solution in sight. The Republicans all want to blame Obama for the terrible state of the economy but other than platitudes I'm not seeing anything in the way of a solution coming from them. The Democrats are still blaming George Bush. But I'm not seeing anything in the way of a solution coming from them either. All I hear is talk, talk and more talk. These are not stupid people. They are for the most part, college educated and more than capable of digesting the issues in front of them. So why do these educated, smart guys never seem to get much done? Two reasons. One would be the magnitude of the issues and what the solution(s) would do to the economy. The other is just plain corruption. All the problems can be solved. It's just a matter of how much its going to cost and the will of the people to endure instant and crushing hardships.
    sigpic

Re: Talk talk talk

You're right, so our society, and economy continue to decay! No one who benefits from entitlement wants to do without, capitalists will not voluntarily bring jobs back here and lose profit, the government(whatever that is) refuses to spend within it's means!!!!!!!
    Does anyone really believe we will see the change necessary to save our society and economy? I agree with NHMaster that it IS possible to accomplish but will not happen. Frank

Comment

5 year term limit for every politician

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
        5 year term limit for every politician
        the world move to fast anymore to have a bad politician in office for 5 years anymore, i say 2 years and a max of 4 terms (8 years total) and the out going and incoming politician have a 2 months where they can work together so the old can get the new up to speed vs walking in blind. i believe it would be best for our country in the long run.
        Last edited by oldslowchevy; 07-25-2012, 06:55 PM.
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

The whole system is far too corrupt to be fixed by term limits alone. Lobbyists wheter they are from private individuals, Unions, or big business need to disappear! Pork attached to legislation that rewards a politicians special interest must stop and so should charitable contributions directed towards politicians through "their" charities! Those measures would be a good start, but our legislators are still for sale by foreign interests. We need people watching the people who are watching the people...

I think if the good of the country and economy was at the heart of the matter, there would have been some kind of stop gap measures in place over the last fifty years.I'm suggesting the sort of oversight that would have raised a red flag and blown a warning whistle as businesses moved jobs outside of our country, as special interest groups received special treatment and that includes both businesses and labor organizations. There should have been some action taken to immediately stop government overspending, and the U.S.A. should never have had to borrow a dime from another country! How can anyone justify going trillions of dollars into debt as the best way to handle a problem? Cut spending, cut profits, cut entitlements, but for God's sake do something other than talk! Frank

Comment

Disagree with your premiss on this one NH because Obama is simply an enemy to the Constitution of the United States, and he's proven it with his actions and his words.

Not to nitpick, but unless you get your self involved in your local government, all you're doing is wasting precious air yourself with all the talk.

Belly up to the bar or be quiet.

Comment

I believe all politicians from the President down should all have term limits

Two terms sounds about right..one term in office one term in prison

Cactus Man

Comment

NH, do you get the Jason Lewis Show on your radio? Give him a listen, he's not the typical talkshow host, and he is about level headed as they come, wish we could convince him to run, but I know he would never be endorsed by the democrats, and the republicans wouldn't probably give him the nod either. But, he's like Ron Paul in a lot of ways, but if you ask me a little more grounded and level headed.

Comment

Politicians are like dirty diapers and should be changed for the same reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                    NH, do you get the Jason Lewis Show on your radio? Give him a listen, he's not the typical talkshow host, and he is about level headed as they come, wish we could convince him to run, but I know he would never be endorsed by the democrats, and the republicans wouldn't probably give him the nod either. But, he's like Ron Paul in a lot of ways, but if you ask me a little more grounded and level headed.
                    Rush Limbaugh has hosted Jason Lewis numerous times to give him a National Platform, so to say the Republican's wouldn't give him the nod would be incorrect.

Comment

Getting back to the subject of this thread, the problem is in Washington. The fish stinks at the head and local politics that involves our community does not touch that problem in the least. Too much is wrong, too much needs to be done, and we can't impact that reality with our votes or upset. I will still use my vote to try and get President Obama out of office, but I have absolutely no hope at this point for meaningful change. Things are too far gone in my opinion. Sixteen trillion dollar debt, tens of millions unemployed, most of our consumer goods made by a communist country, no border enforcement, the list goes on and on with no end or fix in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        Things are too far gone in my opinion. Sixteen trillion dollar debt, tens of millions unemployed, most of our consumer goods made by a communist country, no border enforcement, the list goes on and on with no end or fix in sight.
                        I don't think neither of us will be alive to see the day this country sees true meaningful change.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                          Rush Limbaugh has hosted Jason Lewis numerous times to give him a National Platform, so to say the Republican's wouldn't give him the nod would be incorrect.
                          I know he has been a guest host on the RLS, but in the current political climate, I dont think he would make it... then again, who knows. My good friend Dave Thompson is filling in for Jason today, and he has many similarities to Jason and he was elected as a state senator, so I guess its possible.

Comment

Anybody catch an interview with Romney the other day where the press was heckling him about his taxes? He answered that he paid "about 13%, and if you include donations to charities it's more like 20%". Well this is news to me. I want to get credit for my contributions to charities as part of my tax burden too, where do ?I sign up for this? Because I would rather give my tax money to charities than Uncle Sam, or would I? Who is running those charities that he contributed so much money to? I mean we all know that every charity is 100% legit and gives over 90% of the donations they receive to the intended cause right. None of us has ever turned on the News and heard about a corrupt manager of one of these charities or that they are the BIL of somebody with connections and they were using the charity to launder money or move money out of the country or fund some group with questionable motives, that never happens right?

I think I heard that he made something like $20.2M last year, that's OK by me if he earned it. But, if his statement that he paid about 7% of his income in charities then 20% of $20M is about $1.4M. Are we to believe that he paid $1,400,000.00 to charities? Has he averaged that every year? That would be very generous and given his track record with corporate dealings I'm having trouble believing it unless that charity was run by his wife or BIL and they're all making huge salaries off donation money and only 20% makes it to those who need it. There are many ways to siphon off cash in organizations like this. Lets say your golfing buddy has an advertising business so you throw him a couple million for print and radio and TV ads. Do we really need to hear all those ads for some of these charities that are already so well known? It seems like money down the drain to me that could be put to better use helping the needy not lining the pockets of corporate America. Anyone ever heard of breast cancer? Do we need to hear 100 times a day radio or TV ads for an upcoming 3 day walk that is months away?

Don't mistake this for a Red or Blue issue, if Oboma had made the same comment I would be on his case too not that I am for Oboma I'm just saying this is about the individual not a party issue.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                              I want to get credit for my contributions to charities as part of my tax burden too, where do ?I sign up for this?
                              Believe it's on Schedule A, where you itemize deductions.
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X