Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overweight?

How can one tell?
    Could it be that gut leading you in the mirrow? or because you sweat so hard while working? or maybe a small child told you so?

For me its a combo of the above. What's yours?

Re: Overweight?

Well, how about when your 7 yr old nephew ask you if you are pregnant!

That happened to me one afternoon back in 2000, when my BIL and his family were visiting and I went into the yard to toss the ball around with the boys. I grew up as a very skinny kid and even when I got married I weighed only 117 (6 ft tall). As the years went by (and especially since I started using a computer in the late 80's) I've added some weight. In 2000, I hit 203 lbs, and obviously much of it was in the middle.

I'm now at 178 and it's a struggle.

CWS

Comment

I'm 6'2" and usually ~180. Was running maybe 190 until I quit the cigs. Hit 210 shortly after that. Back down around 195 and working hard on it. Scales say ~1 lb/week, though that'll probably slow as I get leaner.

For me it was feeling my tits jiggling on washboard roads, the roll hanging over my hips I never had before, and my gut starting to take up lap space when I sat down. And feeling tired from lugging all that around, and feeling like what's the point of asking a woman out when my unrealistic standards are such that anyone I'd be interested in no way has to settle for the guy with the gut.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

The gut sticking out. People saying "You look fine except for the belly!" Seeing a photo of myself that looks like I was pumped up with air. When sucking in my gut doesn't look like I sucked in my gut When I put on my rarely used suit, and can't close the pants! When I get served a large portion anywhere because people assume I eat a lot from looking at me. Fat Frank

Comment

I found myself laughing while reading the thread .... Only because I can relate...

Comment

I prefer to think of myself as affluent
            sigpic

Comment

Get used to an over hanging GUT when you get to fifty and standing in the shower looking down its hidden by your LARGE GUT as it wobbles like jelly from side to side without your belt for support.

Tony

Comment

When your customers 7 year old boy uses his Harry Potter majic wand to turn you into a warthog and nothing happens.

Comment

Working...
                X