Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building stages

Attachment
    Well, add set building to the resume! Tri-level platform, 12.5' lower level platforms and 15' upper. "bronze and silver" platforms are 18 and 24" and "gold" is 36". The 36" unit was ventilated with a removable door so that the audio equipment could fit under the unit, out of sight. It was wrapped with 1/4" rolled white plastic. Turned out sweet.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alphacowboy; 08-05-2012, 11:18 PM.

Re: Building stages

Anyone want to rent this for a backyard concert? Haha, shows done, now its all packed up in the trailer. Wish I had a place to store it and rent it out...

Comment

they look good, and hope you find some place to use them, a one time use just does not seem right,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
        they look good, and hope you find some place to use them, a one time use just does not seem right,
        I know, we've build a few set pieces for this same outfit, and they just get tossed as no one wants to store it and its one off stuff. This one though is a little more usable for other events as each stage could be used individually. We also did the screen frames you see in the backround. Using a siding brake we bent aluminum coils into what you see and painted them with a metallic paint. Needed to keep it light to be able to affix it to the screen frames with zip ties on the edges.

Comment

Well you could advertise it on Craigs List or do a search for "trade show storage" or "exibit storage", and you might find a place who might buy it from you.

Before I retired, I was on our Marketing Communications team and I recall that those divisions which were active in industrial trade shows had a centralized storage contractor... don't know thier name, but I do know that it is a common need for all kinds of businesses.

CWS

Comment

The guy that runs the production company that supplied all the lighting, sound, and AV equipment said he wants to help us market our skills. He's a pretty cool guy, thought about working for him but unfortunately, it doesn't pay that great.

Comment

Working...
            X