Following the Law, is unLawful

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Following the Law, is unLawful

Read number 8. They can throw you in jail give you a mandatory sentence for posessing a "bullet".
    New York City Bans Items that are Common and Lawful Most Other Places in New York State and in the Country. :: New York Criminal Attorney Blog

Comment

Here is a much better article that also includes a 10,000 word essay by Mr. Ball
      Thomas James Ball Self-Immolated in Protest of the “Justice” System - Free Keene

Comment

Widows, good place to get weapons without papers ! And they're happy to exchange items for repairs !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Mr. Ball sounds like he was a very stubborn fellow. He stated he did nothing to save his marriage for six months. Didn't he love his wife and his family? Weren't they worth even an attempt of a discussion with his wife before she finally gave up and filed for divorce? Did he hate the "state" more than he loved his wife and kids? Each of us makes decisions which take us on a path and our experiences are determined by the events and how we react to them on our journey. Mr. Ball had his logic and principle which certainly are honorable. However, his decisions cost him his family, leaving his children without a loving father to guide them as they grow, and in the end he chose a most painful death. He freely chose his path, a path I can not agree with. May he rest in peace. He has his principles, I'll take the wife and kids.

BTW: My 5 year old granddaughter is in a stage where she licks the side of my face, or gives me a wet kiss on the cheek when she's supposed to be giving me a kiss goodbye or hello. (Just tonight too.) She's playing and learning the limits of what's acceptable. She's being a kid. That's what kids do.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            I'm sure that laws vary from state to state but here, if a business posts a sign saying no firearms allowed on the premises even those licensed to carry firearms are not allowed to bring them into that business. Law Enforcement is of course exempt from that. People like that lawyer who create a situation just to create a situation shouldn't be allowed to carry a handgun in the first place. Maturity should be a major requirement to own any kind of a weapon and I think that lawyer showed a lack of that, like it would have hurt him to cooperate with the police for the 10 seconds it would have taken to show them his permit!
            Does that mean if the theatre had a sign at front then the Lawyer would have "checked" his gun in at the ticket office......?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I totally smell the Attorney setting up the confrontation. His gun was handled poorly or it would not have been seen by others.

Mark
              Sorry guys I dont want to dump on you and your rights but I smel the smell that Mark does. Over here we have "filth" that arent doing too well in practice and so they cause a fuss and bingo, they are famous. Hope this bloke isnt one of them but....!!!! Also as said earlier everyone is on edge because of the piece of trash who shot up the theatre recently. Prayers to all of the families involved.

Comment

Interesting subject Frank your rights to bear arms I `d like to know what would happen if someone walked down the main street of any of your major US city with an assault rifle in hand what would happen

Tony
                Last edited by AFM; 08-11-2012, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                  Does that mean if the theatre had a sign at front then the Lawyer would have "checked" his gun in at the ticket office......?????????????
                  No, of course not, that means he should have gotten into his car and taken his weapon back home. Or, he could have called first and asked what their policy is concerning concealed carry. Just because someone has a permit to carry a concealed weapon doesn't automatically give them the right to bring that weapon everywhere they go.
                  ================================================== ====
                  All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                    Interesting subject Frank your rights to bear arms I `d like to know what would happen if someone walked down the main street of any of your major US city with an assault rifle in hand what would happen

Tony
                    What does that have to do with the subject at hand?
                    ================================================== ====
                    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post

Tony
                      Tony, a couple of years ago the nineteen year old grandson of a woman my wife works with was dressed in camo gear and carrying a "toy, plastic, rifle" on a local street. He was walking to a friends house where they were going to play some video games. Not a smart move, folks called the police and he was arrested! His grandmother is paying legal fees and the authorities are putting him through hell. I think they are causing him more trouble than if he had a real gun and threatened people.

No, you can't walk down the street with a asault rifle, but in some towns you are required to openly display your firearm and I think in one town it is the law that evey adult must carry a gun. The very rare tragic instances of crazy people misusing firearms should not negate the millions of good, responsible gun owners! People who drive while drunk or on drugs and cause accidents which result in fatalities, do not mar the millions of drivers who use their vehicles responsibly. Think about it. Frank

Comment

Well I did openly carry a rifle all the way across town, once upon a time!

It was back in 1960 when we had a "rifle meet", at the local armory range. My Dad's truck broke down and he couldn't pick me up afterwards. Of course I didn't know that at the time, other than the fact that he didn't show up and after an hour of waiting I decided to walk home (about eight miles). I was on the west side of Binghamton and I lived several miles to the east of Binghamton, out in the country. So I removed the bolt, stuck it in my belt pouch and slung the rifle over my shoulder, barrel down, and took the hike. I was 16, wearing my OD's, jump boots, "Ridgeway". Other than about a half mile on the main street, I kept to the side streets until I reached the upper east side, and there I had to be on the main street as it was the highway leading home.

I was stopped once by a foot patrolman, who asked where I was going and why I had the rifle. I explained, showed him the rifle, and that the bolt was in my webbelt pouch and I had no ammunition. He said good, make sure you go straight home and that was the end of it.

Today, I wouldn't dare walk my rifle up the driveway of my own home, unless it was cased!

I think we all have to know that we live in different times. We do have "Rights", but certainly that does not give us "the right" to do things that are unthinkably callous or worse "challenging".

I graduated high school in 1962, and I remember one of the guest speakers spoke of the three basic freedoms: Freedom of religion, Freedom of Speech, and Freedom from want.

As he described it, we have "Freedom of Religion".... and too many of us exercise that as freedom FROM religion! No moral or ethical or religious codes to guide us.

He went on to say that while we have "Freedom of Speach" that does NOT guarantee any of us from getting a punch in the face if we insult someone, nor does it mean that we are free to lie or to yell "Fire" in the midst of a crowd.

And "Freedom from Want" does not mean that we should want everything and expect to have it handed to us. Nothing is "Free", we need to earn it!

To the subject of guns, YES we have a right to keep and bear arms... but that does not mean that because you have that right, that it makes you the boss of anything. Guns should never be used to teach a lesson to others and they should never be used to put you above or in power over any kind of conflict of thoughts and opinions. My personal view is that when you think in terms of "I'll show you!" a gun of any kind should not be in the equation! The only exception to that is when you are certain that your life is being threatened.

CWS
                        Last edited by CWSmith; 08-11-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

CT is an open carry state, but one must have a permit in which this guy did.

Not sure about CT, but in Pennsylvania if I'm NOT breaking the law, the Police can't detain me for absolutely "no reason" even if I'm carrying a weapon openly. It's been tested in court many times in our state and law enforcement lost each and every time.

Lawsuit will most likely follow and rightfully so. It's the job of the Police officer to follow the law on the books not legislate it in his/her own opinion on the spot. This lawyer will challenge that his rights were violated, and I'm going to guess that an out of court settlement will probably happen.

If this person was asked to leave the movie theatre, he has to comply or be arrested.

CWS...no need to speculate on the thoughts of a firearm owner, as you're remarks are way off base and hold no validity to it. If you have questions on the thoughts of people who "open carry" why don't you ask them instead of injecting a jaded view.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                            CWS...no need to speculate on the thoughts of a firearm owner, as you're remarks are way off base and hold no validity to it. If you have questions on the thoughts of people who "open carry" why don't you ask them instead of injecting a jaded view.
                            Where do you feel that I speculated on any thoughts of a "gun owner"?

I'm a gun owner and I have several friends who own and "carry". But, they don't do so in a confrontational manner, and they certainly don't do so to "contest" an issue. Please tell me what words I used that were "speculative".

It appears that you like to jump to conclusions on any view that you don't understand or don't agree with.

CWS
                            Last edited by CWSmith; 08-11-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

A couple of things puzzle me with the "right to bear arms" thing.

Most people read "arms" as "guns". However, arms could mean anything from knives to missiles and rocket launchers. Why are private citizens not allowed to own the military grade stuff. At what point is the cut off set and by whom. What makes guns special over everything else. Surely I should be able to acquire anything I wish for my protection?

We already have laws about taking things into certain public areas - airports and planes being one of them. With those venues you even get things like bottles of water confiscated (even heard of cupcakes confiscated as well as nail clippers), not to mention having to pass through the nude scanners and invasive patdowns. Biu apparently that's okay with the public. Why is that not okay but taking guns down a busy street (which is also effectively a public place) okay. If guns should be kept out of public places then the law should be uniform on the matter.

Anyone on here in support of taking guns on planes to defend ourselves against hijackings?

Comment

"Anyone on here in support of taking guns on planes to defend ourselves against hijackings?"

Years ago when hijackings were in full swing, comedians made all sorts of jokes ranging from everyone boarding a plane should be naked ,to loaded guns should be handed out before boarding to level the playing field.
                                Last edited by Frankiarmz; 08-11-2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X