Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Following the Law, is unLawful

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
    What does that have to do with the subject at hand?
    It shows that your right to bear arms in public is a mirage and that you can only bear arms on your own property or inside your own home and the person who was submittered to a search in that theatre is the future whether you like it or not.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
      Where do you feel that I speculated on any thoughts of a "gun owner"?

I'm a gun owner and I have several friends who own and "carry". But, they don't do so in a confrontational manner, and they certainly don't do so to "contest" an issue. Please tell me what words I used that were "speculative".

It appears that you like to jump to conclusions on any view that you don't understand or don't agree with.

CWS
      You said in your last paragraph "but that does not mean that because you have that right, that it makes you the boss of anything" is a speculative comment and a jaded view on your part of why people have gun rights. That's like saying someone buys a sports car so they can be the boss of the road and speed.

If you're truly a firearm owner and understand the laws the way they are written (CT), you wouldn't come to unfounded biased speculative conclusions. It also tells me you have no knowledge of what open carry means or the laws behind it to protect the citizens of having their rights violated. It took me less than 3 minutes to understand CT's firearm laws because I read it, and the crap that was spewed in this thread without any facts on their law, just goes to show how society today is always quick to jump to conclusions.
      Last edited by Flux; 08-12-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

It's been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by the Govt. at a cost of more than $500 Million dollars.The first year results
        are in. Nation wide Homicides up 6.2 percent, assaults up 9.6 percent,armed robberies up 44 percent [ yes 44 percent] ! In the state of victoria alone,homicides are now up 300 percent.
        Australian Politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased . OBAMA WILL DISARM US ,IF REELECTED >
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

" OBAMA WILL DISARM US ,IF REELECTED >" Tool, would you please tell me how he would do that. The last I knew, it took Congress and the President to make a law. It also takes quite a process to change the Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            ................ OBAMA WILL DISARM US ,IF REELECTED >
            I am certainly in favor of replacing Obama but this is yet another example of how, when talking about gun control, both sides of the fence usually are speaking from the state of hysteria.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
              " OBAMA WILL DISARM US ,IF REELECTED >" Tool, would you please tell me how he would do that. The last I knew, it took Congress and the President to make a law. It also takes quite a process to change the Constitution.
              Then why does Obama have Hilary Clinton working on a global gun ban through the U.N. if our Constitution is the trump card? Obama has already shown he will use executive order and bypass congress on anything he doesn't like.
              Last edited by Flux; 08-12-2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I am certainly in favor of replacing Obama but this is yet another example of how, when talking about gun control, both sides of the fence usually are speaking from the state of hysteria.
                Agree somewhat, but Obama has a voting record regarding gun control, and he voted for a hand gun ban in Illinois. Why were the citizens in that fine state not allowed to protect themselves back then?

Comment

Legislation to ban guns is useless as long as our borders are not secured! Who are we disarming through gun ban laws, the law abiding, that's who. Drugs, guns, and illegals enter our country, so what good do the laws serve? Someone intent on hurting others can obtain a gun illegally, and by disarming the law abiding public you leave them at the mercy of criminals. Responsible, law abiding citizens should be encouraged to become gun owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                    You said in your last paragraph "but that does not mean that because you have that right, that it makes you the boss of anything" is a speculative comment and a jaded view on your part of why people have gun rights. That's like saying someone buys a sports car so they can be the boss of the road and speed.

If you're truly a firearm owner and understand the laws the way they are written (CT), you wouldn't come to unfounded biased speculative conclusions. It also tells me you have no knowledge of what open carry means or the laws behind it to protect the citizens of having their rights violated. It took me less than 3 minutes to understand CT's firearm laws because I read it, and the crap that was spewed in this thread without any facts on their law, just goes to show how society today is always quick to jump to conclusions.
                    Well Flux, I think the only "speculation" here was on your part. My making that comment does not in any way imply that "being the boss" is any kind of reason behind owning a gun or that was on everyone's mind. It does imply that there are certain people who have that mentality and that those people are wrong. All too many times there are arguments in which someone pulls a gun, or returns with a gun in which they intend to use it to settle a difference. My point is that any kind of weapon, but specifically a gun (because it is a superior tool for the purpose) is used in the mindset of dominance of a situation. (A recent example perhaps was the guy who took his gun into the backyard of a neighbor to settle an argument over a loud party.
                    Texas man gets 40 years in stand-your-ground case

While this may be an isolated story, it is too often a case when people resort to weapons to settle a comparitely minor issue. But again, in no way did I state that "being the boss" was any reasoning used by gunowners. I was making the reasoning that anyone should use before even thinking about taking a gun into a conflict.

Regarding Obama's political actions on guns, that just seems to be just so much rhetoric:

FactCheck.org : Obama’s Gun Ban?

FactCheck.org : Search Results

Of course you will find a number of sites that state so-called "Facts. Perhaps my favorite is this one: Gun Ban Obama

Again, I am not at all against the 2nd Amendment, but I'm also not so close-minded that I think weapons should be totally unbridled to everyone either.

CWS
                    Last edited by CWSmith; 08-12-2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                      Well Flux, I think the only "speculation" here was on your part. My making that comment does not in any way imply that "being the boss" is any kind of reason behind owning a gun or that was on everyone's mind. My point is that any kind of weapon, but specifically a gun (because it is a superior tool for the purpose) is used in the mindset of dominance of a situation.

CWS
                      Isn't "being the boss" and "Dominance of a situation" the same thing?

You should proof read what you write so you don't have a "foot in mouth" moment.

Comment

Why are we dissecting, projecting, assuming, and defending the mindset of lawful gun owners, and not the disturbed, and criminal element who obtain and misuse firearms? Hope I'm not sounding hysterical. I still think gun laws are about as useless at stopping gun crimes as our immigration laws have been at stopping illegals. Frank

Comment

Why does the D.H.S. meed 450 millions rounds of hollow point ammo? Coincidence that ammo is scarce for the private legal gun owner and the DHS places an order of this size?

Comment

We gotta flush these turds in Nov !
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              We gotta flush these turds in Nov !
                              Romney and Ryan will have a tough time convincing the voters since President Obama has had such success with clean burning coal and green jobs. Now that he secured the borders no more guns, drugs and illegals are entering our country, another success for President Obama. Don't we have a balanced budget thanks to President Obama? Hey at least his healthcare plan won't be paid for by taxes, right?

I'm all for flushing the bowl and allowing the republicans to give it a try. Let them cut business taxes and taxes for the wealthy. Cut entitlements, and do whatever you can to save our economy. They just better remember if they win and I hope they do; they must show results.

Comment

What does that have to do with the subject at hand?

Hey Badger Tony appears to be one who doesnt like firearms. It is his natural right but I also believe that we as honest citizens are not the bad guys here. Over here we had a Priemier who tried to disarm society in peacetime. his father swallowed the barrel of a gun. So does that mean we are all responsible.
                                The hardest thing to do is control those that are out of control. I dont like ccalling these people lunatics because it is not right. They generally have some pre-conceived idea that they are superior, just take the one who shot up the island. Guns dont kill people, People kill people. I fish, I hunt and I VOTE.

Comment

Working...
                                X