Wish me Luck!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me Luck!

As some of my friends of this Forum know, I moved on from supporting Josh. I have moved to the Product Engineering Department here at Ridge and have worked here at Ridge for 4 years.

Come next week, I take my next step (while also working). I will be starting college (again) for my Master's Degree. I will be earning my Master's in Education in Adult Learning and Development and an Education Technology Endorsement.

Will be a CRAZY and fun-filled/learning opportunity for me.

Wish me LUCK!

Cathy

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Re: Wish me Luck!

Good Luck!

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Best of luck Cathy! You are obviously a person who goes beyond just talking of doing great things with their life and actually doing them!

Comment

Good luck Cathy! Lots of hard work and long hours in front of you, but we know you're up to the challenge.

Best wishes,

CWS

Comment

Best of luck for school and the new job,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I assume your position at Ridgid is a day job. Therefore, how will you attend, nights, or on line?

Comment

Best of luck. If you need textbooks give me a shout
              sigpic

Comment

better now, than later when phoebe is in class with you

the more smarts under your belt, the more green under your belt

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  better now, than later when phoebe is in class with you

the more smarts under your belt, the more green under your belt

rick.
                  Wonderful , It's a grand life
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Hey Cathy, GOOD LUCK or as we say downunder, "Go Get it Girl.......!!!!!"

You have helped me in the past and I will always appreciate this. Keep us posted with your progress.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes! First week of class under my belt, and I'm more excited than ever. Yeah, I'll be doing A LOT of work for this degree, but I know it will be worth it in the end. I knew after I earned my BA degree in 2008 that this was what I wanted to go back to school for. I am just doing it MUCH earlier than it took for me to get my
                      BA (13 years from AA to BA).

Plumbus, I do work full-time, working until 4 pm. This helps as my classes this semester are in the evenings and start at 5. But, both classes are web-blended, meaning, part class time and part web time. Both classes in Spring semester are on the web. Whoo Hoo!

NHMaster, thanks for the offer of books. My goal is to get as many of the books I need electronically. My hubby, love him to death, bought me an iPad as a present for going to school. This will also help me keep the size down on my lugging crap to class.

Rick, I would have NO PROBLEM taking class with Phoebe. During my BA classes, I was often the oldest in the class, and often referred to myself as the "mom." Who knows, maybe I'll get to teach her once she's old enough! HA!

I'm excited. I will definitely work at keeping everyone updated. If you've got access to Facebook, go ahead and friend me there (if you haven't already). I am Cathy Valliere-Hennes. There's so much I keep many friends updated on (baking, school, my daughter). Yes, I have a full-time job, family (with daughter and hubby in tow), my parents who live with us, and school. Plus, I like to bake and am involved with the Masons through various groups. UMMM. When do I sleep do you ask? Maybe an hour on Sunday nights!

Cathy
                      8^ )

Comment

Ok. The results are in...This semester, I took 2 class, Education Technology and Philosophy of Adult Learning.

Both classes, A, A. I have a 4.0 this semester. Just 4 more semesters left to my Masters Degree.

This semester deals with Educational Research and Adult Education in a Changing Society. Both classes on the Web. This should be interesting as it will be the first time for FULL web-based classes. This past semester, both classes were Web blended. I have 2 classes I'm taking over the summer dealing with Education Technology. I have classes to take in the summer so I can cake my internship in the fall. I'll be working with the Grant Writers to hopefully help them develop a training module that can be used by the college, allowing the students and professors the ability to search for grants. Even though my internship is next fall, we're working out the details now. This is the same group I got to take my BA internship with. A great group. Maybe I can find some grants for myself? So, my summer classes are 2 again during the first 6-weeks of summer. Shew! I certainly will be BUSY BUSY BUSY!

Lots of love to all my Forum friends!

Cathy

Comment

Best of luck! I know that you can do it. You are an inspiration. It's never too late to go to school. Keep it up!

Comment

Luck?! You don't need luck....you're doing awsome all on your own...great job.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Cathy,

Thanks for the update, it's nice to read of your excellent progress and I know you're working very hard for every point! Your curriculum sounds pretty interesting, as I never could quite grasp this "grant writer" thing.

I hope you had a great Christmas and I wish you a spectacular New Year.

Best wishes,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                              X