X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer related questions.

I am looking into getting a new Toshiba laptop. Does anyone have any good or bad experience with these folks. My biggest concern being technical support. I'm also looking into a portable scanner to ride in the truck with me.

My goal is to be able to provide paperless invoices, hey way to get the store stamp and signature onto the invoice, and perhaps to even enter it into Intuit QuickBooks.

Thanks.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: computer related questions.

Are you handwritting your invoices?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

For most all, yes/no. If it is residential than yes. For Commercial, it is more of a parts list, and a way of proving everything about the job, then I go to the office and get an invoice off of the computer and email it out with a copy of the signed paperwork. Work has picked up so much I cannot afford to do it this way anymore. I was even thinking about getting an app for my tablet or smartphone that will let me get a signature from the customer straight to the digital invoice, but I think I will need the scanner for store stamps.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • and other specialties.

Comment

This is what I am thinking about.

Satellite P870-BT2G22 Laptop
        Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Processor 2.30GHz (3.30GHz with Turbo Boost Technology 2.0), 6MB L3 Cache, Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1, Microsoft® Office 2010 Starter, 6GB DDR3 1600MHz (4GB + 2GB), 640GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial-ATA), 2GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M with NVIDIA® Optimus™ Technology, DVD SuperMulti drive, Glossy Black LED Backlit Tile keyboard, harman/kardon® Quad speakers, Intel® Wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n) + Intel® Wireless Display Ready* + Bluetooth® v.4.0, Norton Internet Security Suite (NIS) 2012 (30-day trial), 1 Year Standard Limited Warranty (1 Year on Battery),
        PSPLBU-09T019

Travel charger.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • and other specialties.

Comment

I have the Toshiba Satellite L55 and my wife has an earlier model, both computers are very good. We can easily copy files to CD's or DVD's and make copies of those! I would suggest a good antivirus such as Avast. To ensure optimum battery life avoid prolonged charging. I believe in extended warranties to protect against damage or loss. I don't know how you could protect against heat if you are going to have this in your truck cab, but that is a concern as well. I would also suggest a keyboard protecter to combat spills and dust damage.

I would buy another Toshiba without hesitation, good luck. Frank

Comment

Working...
          X