X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics

Now come on I know you are all biteing at the bit to get down and dirty to have your say on who will be your next President and as I am from the other side of the pond I also want to know who you think is going to win in November Obama or Romney and what are their pros and cons I know Mark is just waiting in the wings to put a stop it if we don`t BEHAVE so where are you Frank?

Tony

Re: Politics

Tony, slow down and think about what you write as you post. sorry to be a english teacher but we dont want our mates over there thinking we are not educated.

On the flip side I too am interested to hear what you guys think. If you want we can organise for our "ranger(thats our slang for RED-HEAD)" to come over and tell you guys what you are doing wrong as she did not so long ago amongst other world leaders. Then again we could ask her if she wants a job.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I personally would like to see Romney as our next president. But I'm afraid that there are too many people living off the government (TAXPAYERS) that want to continue the way things are. It has almost reached a point where the takers almost outnumber the payers. This is just my opinion and not based on any fact that I know of.
      When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

PAT PAULSON FOR PRESIDENT - Bing Videos
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

It will be Obama. The fix has been in for the past 6 years.
          sigpic

Comment

Tony I'm not only biting at the bit, I broke it in two! My only defense in voting for President Obama was frustration with former President Bush and being naive enough to think change for the better would come if Mr. Obama became President. I am disappointed by the failed campaign promises along with where we are and where we are headed. I would like to say I don't blame the President for the price of gasoline, heating oil, food, and things like unemployment and the deficit but I do! His allegence to environmental groups has prevented oil exploration and the expansion of natural gas and in his words "Clean burning coal".

I am in favor of steps beyond abortion such as forced birth control to reduce the number of unwanted births and births supported by taxpayers. I disagree with republicans on many issues including their union bashing, but I would rather vote for Mr. Romney in the hopes he could turn this disaster around, than stick with President Obama and be certain we are doomed.

I am either mistaken that things are that critical, or I'm right and we can't survive another four years of more debt, and grand speeches that do not produce results. Frank
            Last edited by Frankiarmz; 09-02-2012, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Tony I'm not only biting at the bit, I broke it in two! My only defense in voting for President Obama was frustration with former President Bush and being naive enough to think change for the better would come if Mr. Obama became President. I am disappointed by the failed campaign promises along with where we are and where we are headed. I would like to say I don't blame the President for the price of gasoline, heating oil, food, and things like unemployment and the deficit but I do! His allegence to environmental groups has prevented oil exploration and the expansion of natural gas and in his words "Clean burning coal".

I am in favor of steps beyond abortion such as forced birth control to reduce the number of unwanted births and births supported by taxpayers. I disagree with republicans on many issues including their union bashing, but I would rather vote for Mr. Romney in the hopes he could turn this disaster around, than stick with President Obama and be certain we are doomed.

I am either mistaken that things are that critical, or I'm right and we can't survive another four years of more debt, and grand speeches that do not produce results. Frank
              So, now you're frustrated with Obama and you're voting Romney. Your logic didn't work last time, what makes you think this time will be any different? Regardless of who becomes President, not much will change because there are too many super egos in Congress to try to get along with the other party, let alone come to any agreement. They all have forgotten what the word "Compromise" means. The two party system is failing. Too many on each side are only concerned with their own career and well being. Our forefathers envisioned civic minded people to be able to govern while keeping their day full time jobs, now you have greedy super egos that can't govern anything but what is best for THEM, this is now their full daytime job.

And who keeps them there? All of the special interest groups with money and the millions of ignorant (as in not knowing or caring not to know all the Facts) people. There are also millions of people that have a pretty good idea of some of the things that need to be done, but if you do not subscribe to the laid down rules of either the Democrats or the Republicans, you are more or less blackballed.

Here is a letter that was supposedly sent (I borrowed from another site) to Senator Alan Simpson of Wyoming. I would be really surprised if there is anybody that would disagree.
              __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
              I checked this out on Snopes under "Patty Myers" it came up mixed. They couldn't verify who wrote the email.

Whoever wrote had their facts in line.JMO

Rough language but she really makes her point clear!

I don't think pissed really covers it!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan Simpson, Senator from Wyoming, Co-Chair of Obama's deficit commission, calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats.

Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!

"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight.

1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS.

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).

3 My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud..

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.

To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" on your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU.

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?

It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcases who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes. That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
              And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a *****.
              __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
              The question now is, with the system rigged the way it is today, how do you get in to make the necessary changes. There must be a way, but for now, go ahead and get your hopes up and make your choice from the two. Just keep the bottle of aspirin close and don't be surprised that in four years, you'll probably will be having the same conversations of, today, four years ago, twelve years ago, and, well I think you see the picture.

Our system is falling apart like our roads and bridges. My only guess is that instead of fixing the system as it is, the politicians will only react when it actually hits them personally, after destroying the lives of those they are supposedly serving. I am sure glad that I am close to the end of my life, but worry how my grandchildren and their children will be living if we stay on our present course.

Ron

Last edited by lreops; 09-03-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DSurette View Post
                I personally would like to see Romney as our next president. But I'm afraid that there are too many people living off the government (TAXPAYERS) that want to continue the way things are. It has almost reached a point where the takers almost outnumber the payers. This is just my opinion and not based on any fact that I know of.
                Yep, that really sizes up much of the feeling of the Republican side of things. Many of us have a real problem with the "takers"... problem is we only see them as the poor and the unemployed. I'm all for identifying and eliminating many of those "takers".... let's start with the oil companies!, then we can go after the insurance companies, then maybe the banking industry who feel perfectly free in stealing from the investors and handing out $Millions in bonuses from that theft. And what about to folks who have worked thier buns off and saved and saved and saved... only to have thier savings worth next to nothing, because we've made "money" so cheap to meet the corporate demand for "free" borrowing so they can invest in foreign operations.

ONLY God should help those that are poor and unemployed, even though it is the rich and the corporate managers who have made them that way. We poor pay for everything, but the rich gets write offs and tax encentives. We feel sorry for the poor bastard who bought a $700,000 dollar house and it's now "underwater" (NOT worth what he paid for it, because the market is down) and he's whining for government help... but the old lady who just lost her husband to cancer is worthless, because the healthcare bill has taken all thier meager savings and left her owing a fortune.

Funny how twisted our thinking has become. We don't care about our neighbors, but we totally believe all of those rich guys who are spending $Millions to buy our vote through hate-building political rhetoric. It isn't the poor who have bankrupted the country, it's all those rich guys who are in fear of loosing their VERY profitable government protection and so are spending wildly to ensure that their "corporate welfare" continues.

How many corporate owners have found themselves loosing their houses or worrying about how they are going to pay the hospital bills or who won't go to the doctor, because they simply can't afford to do so. Yeah, Mitt can really relate to us... he knows about as much about us as he does those "round confections with the hole in the middle".

CWS

Comment

I wonder what would happen if everybody voted for no one. Short of a revolution that might be the way to go...
                  No one gets my vote, they all suck!

Comment

Franki,

I like you, and enjoy much of what you have to say, but I also find you frustrating at times. YOU voted for Obama because you were unhappy with little George... good show, but I bet you voted for little George to begin with. How about Ronny, did you vote for him too? (I did, so about the only difference between you and me is that your union saved your pension, Mr. Reagan and Republicans stole mine.)

So you voted for Obama, but because in less than two years he couldn't correct everything that you wanted, you then voted for the Republicans. Guess you didn't understand that they were going to obstruct all progress and try to take us back to the good ol' days of little George, where we had ever-growing secrecy, wide-open borders, and almost the entire world not only hated us, but were doing all they could to rush new weapons into their arsenals because they feared Mr. Buckero! I guess you figured that your quick return to a Republican vote was just going to make things really smooth and that Corporate America, being grateful for it's once-again power base, would rethink thier grand employment alliance with China. Strange!

Because Obama couldn't totally pull us out of the nosedive that little Bush and his fellow Republicans put us into, YOU voted for a do-nothing bunch of scoundrels who have absolutely NO AGENDA for the good of the country. They have openly stated (and acted on those statements) that their prime objective is to remove "Obama". Plain and simple, they have openly sworn to remove the elected President of the United States, and they have made good on that effort by obstructing even programs that they had initiated and/or supported prior to Mr. Obama being elected. In other words, they have defied the Constitution and ignored the vote of "We the People". Their allegience is sadly NOT to the United States, to it's elected leadership, or even to it's citizens... it is strickly to it's own jaundiced party view and to the Corporate rich that it serves.

What does that make them? What if we forget for a moment who these people are and we look at them in some other light... like any group of people who ban together and set about to block, overcome, and defeat the very government which the majority of our fellow citizens voted for? Doesn't that make them "anarchists"? Doesn't that make them "fascists"? Doesn't that betray the very foundations of our country's Constitution and the rights of the citizen, to a fair, elected government, "By the People"? And aren't these the rights that we have so long fought for and died for? When we elect a President, it is up to all of our government to aid in the continuance of the elected government... for the people!

(I should point out that I'm a Republican... or at least one, up to "little Bush". Prior to that I only voted Democrat one time. Not sure that was the right choice in hindsight, but certainly Mr. Reagon wasn't a good vote either. Problem is the Republican party has moved so far to the right, that it's scary. I like to think of myself as a "Teddy Roosevelt" Republican, in that you want a strong country, a strong military (that "big stick"), but you also want a land that you can be proud of, a people that are not taken advantage of, and industry that is not only strong, but loyal to the country and the countrymen that fostered it, protected it, and invested in it's growth. Industry, the corporate part of America, needs to know it's roots, and needs to muster-up with loyalty to those of us who have tributed to it.)

And certainly we elect our Representatives and Senators to aid in that task of governance for the good of the people. It is to that objective that they are supposed to serve and it is in that service that they will argue, discuss, and attempt all that is possible to come up with better ideas and better solutions for the good of the people; but, it does not mean that they are there to obstruct, block, undermine, and defy the elected Executive. To do so in the manner that we have seen in the last four years is to deny the will of the electoral. Democracy does NOT work, if we decide that the only "vote" that matter is our own! In the United States of America, the majority rules, and it is the "majority" vote that determines the leadership and the path that we wish to take. If you, or anyone else thinks, that because the election didn't go your way, then you will defy the will of the country, then you have no comprehension of "democracy". And that goes double for those who are elected to serve in office. It is not up to an elected official to go his own way, he or she is there to represent us, the MAJORITY will of his constituants, and for the benefit of all of his constituants whether they voted for him or not.

Where is any of that with the current leadership of the Republican party? Instead their widely announced proclamation is to defeat the Executive and the Senatorial Branches of our government and until that is done.... they have offered absolutely NOTHING to the betterment of the people of the United States or to the world. They have however, done everything in their power to ensure that the corporate rich continue to receive thier benefits, while at the same time aiding in the failure of the elected government!

(A day or two ago, one of the candidates or proponants asked, something to the effect of, what do you do with a team who is falling behind in the season? [I don't know the exact words]. His answer was to fire the coach! Well, what do you do with a team who is falling behind in the season, because half of the team is refusing to play, or is undermining the coach, and/or is on the take? I guess you still fire the coach... but only if you don't give a crap about the team, the game, the reputation of the school, or you simply prescibe to a philosophy of winning without honor!)

Franki, I think you have told us that you were a union guy... you received and continue to receive some very nice benefits because of that. Your benefits were so nice that you were even able to retire in your early fifties. Yet, for all of that benefit you seem to vote for the party that was never on your side or the side of your union. If the Republicans dominate, then they will do away with anyone's right to bargain. They will do away with any worker's right to earn a decent wage, have decent benefits, earn a decent retirement, have decent health insurance, or even a safe place to work, or a safe place to live. If it were up to the present objectives of the Republican party, there would be no departments to regulate job safety, pollution in our neighborhoods, or even education of our children. WE the people would be subjected to an education that was largely scripted.... like in present Repulican-dominated Texas where I understand that even Thomas Jefferson has been edited out of their text books.

Should we not learn of Thomas Jefferson? What else would we not learn of? Maybe we'd never know of "unions" at all. We'd never know of the pollution, the crime, the corruption, the child workers, the immigrant slaves, the deaths in the meat packing business or in the mines and the smelters. Would we never learn of the things that "government" has changed for us, has protected us from, has given us our rights to? What we'd learn is how wonderful big business is, how it is ONLY to tycoons, all by themselves who built the empires, laid the tracks, and brought coal and steel and all the wonderful products to us lazy and ungrateful workers, whose only effort has been to sleep through our jobs and awaken only to sucking the pennies out of our overburdened, yet ever so generous corporate management.

Was it Paul Ryan who said recently that it wasn't government that gave us what we have, it was GOD! Hey, I haven't seen my God in very long time. I don't see him building bridges, restoring the 911 site, or handing me my monthly retirement check or helping keep the criminals away from my door. Worse perhaps is that I didn't see God stopping the many slaughters in my lifetime, coming to the aid of a starving world, or even stopping my company from using that weakened crane, or keeping them from dumping all that used oil into the local river. God wasn't there when the Nazi's over-ran Europe, or in any other war since then. Even though we all believe in God, it was not him, who allowed my church to be built, nor would he intervene, should someone plot to blow it up! And, may I add that while it might be God who gave us certain rights, it is only our government forefathers who recognized that, wrote it down, and granted that all future government leaders persist in that recognition and grant.

It was God who gave our forefathers the good sense to create our country, to define it's mettle with a Declaration of Independance, a Constitution, and the good tidings to keep it all in balance for the good of the people. Government is here, not so much because we want it, but because we are wicked enough to need it. If Mr. Ryan and Mr. Romney can't comprehend even that small concept, then I surely don't want them anywhere close to leadership.

CWS
                    Last edited by CWSmith; 09-02-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

To clear things up the best I can for Ireops and CWS. My logic was to vote out the President who was not doing what I thought was in the best interest of the country and masses, I admit it did no good. I voted for Clinton and he turned out to be a disgrace to the office in my opinion, and who signed in NAFTA? I did not vote for either Bush! I benefit from my years as a Union guy but at the same time I understand these times do not support certain Union demands. What is the point of remaining inflexible wheter on Union demands, healthcare, or any other benefit, bargaining point or government support if we are sixteen trillion in the hole and the country is falling apart? I'm not giving up my support for Unions, or my neighbors in need, I am being practical and open minded enough to see that more of President Obama is not going to help us.

I'm not stupid enough to think Romney will change course and suddenly support Unions, women's rights or any other primarily democratic talking point. I just think we can't stay the course. I will have no problem voting democratic if Romney becomes President and fails to deliver on jobs, energy and the economy. I can't understand the party mentality that forces some folks to stick with a loser? How many more years would you like to give President Obama given his failures? Do any of you really think he will suddenly fix a dam thing?
                      He is against oil exploration, clean burning coal. Did he go over the budget with a scalpel? Where is the transparency he spoke about, or how about kicking out the lobbyists and "No more dirty Washington politics"?

I can handle the truth, can you? Could we have reached a point or beyond where we can't provide healthcare and financial assistance to all? Maybe some will have to do without and die in order to save the many? Too painful a reality? Maybe we should have been outraged years ago when the revenue paying American businesses up and left taking jobs with them? Maybe we should have risen up when America borrowed it's first dollar from communist china? I would love to keep my benefits and see them extended to all Americans. Healthcare for all, clean air, water and soil. Wake up guys, we are broke, out of work and can't keep going like this much longer. Show me the money, show me how we pay down the debt and still provide all for everyone. You better think long and hard because I would rather fight any bad legislation passed by a republican President and administration, than vote for another term with President Obama and face what I feel is certain widespread doom. I can hardly afford my own food much less food stamps for able bodied men and women! I can barely provide for my own family much less pay for people who are not married or working to have children.

What these last for years have taught me is that there is little difference in the level of arrogance between either party when in power!
                      I hated shaun hannity when he said we were unpatriotic to speak out against President Bush, so how should I feel when the same is said of those speaking out against President Obama by the liberal media? Liberal news media spokespersons found the support for Romney by his former republican opponents to be some sort of embarassment, but said nothing when former President CLinton and Mrs. Clinton went from attacking Mr. Obama during the campaign to suddenly endorsing him! Where is our outrage when we are lied to by both parties? Look around, we are close to the brink, do you really trust President Obama will do going forward what he could not do so far? The lesser of two evils, a lousy way to elect a President and not much of a hope for the change we need. Frank

Comment

I can't understand the party mentality that forces some folks to stick with a
                        loser? How many more years would you like to give President Obama given his
                        failures?
                        I think Bush got less done with a more cooperative congress in 8 years than Obama has in 4. Obama's failures as you call them are not his alone, they're ours. Until we start working toward the common good we will never be successful. If our only recourse is to toss out the last leader because he did not give us the results we expected (realistic or not) in the amount of time we think it should take then we will never solve the problems we face.

In that Frontline special that was on the other night there was a segment about when McCain said he was heading back to Washington and was suspending his campaign and was calling for Bush to hold a senior leadership meeting to deal with the economic crisis that was going on at the time. I think that McCain thought he was going to show everyone how much of a leader he was and in the end this so-called 'suspension' of his campaign would be nothing more than a stunt to gain some points and votes. Only he showed his true colors and stumbled and faltered at the meeting, while Obama had done his homework and was up on the situation and had an understanding of what needed to be done. some of the attendees were heard by a reporter to say as the exited the room at the end of the meeting that after that performance McCain was done for and that Obama had clearly shown shown he could handle the job. Oh, and where was Mr. Bush? He walked out because he couldn't control the meeting and looked like the fool he is, so before he looked even worse he ran out the door. That's the 'leader' that idiots votes back in office four years earlier, one who couldn't even control a meeting of the senior congressional leadership for a couple hours. He was a hell of a commander in chief, I think I'll remember him as "Chicken George", not to be confused with his Father who could at least put two sentences together by himself to convey a thought. I have a lot more respect for George Sr but I did not vote for him, and I certainly did not vote for that idiot Chicken George.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Ahhh politics - this should be a fun thread.

I personally don't think much will change if Romney gets elected. I have republican friends who are convinced some magic is going to happen and things would get better. They don't like it when I point out some flaw in their arguments.

Another thing going around in republican circles among the people I know is how the govt should be run like a business and apparently Romney is a better choice because he has been a CEO?? (I don't follow politics enough to know if he has been). Regardless I have pointed out some examples where the govt is not like a profit making company.

Bottom line is most people just believe what they would like to believe. It's one thing to look at candidate's policies and make an informed judgement on election day - it's the die hard party faithfuls that always find a reason to support their man that I don't understand.
                          Last edited by blue_can; 09-03-2012, 12:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

[QUOTE=Bob D.;382322]I think Bush got less done with a more cooperative congress in 8 years than Obama has in 4. Obama's failures as you call them are not his alone, they're ours. Until we start working toward the common good we will never be successful. If our only recourse is to toss out the last leader because he did not give us the results we expected (realistic or not) in the amount of time we think it should take then we will never solve the problems we face.

Bob, voting them out IS our only recourse! We can't force them to make good on campaign promises, to not overspend and incur trillions more debt. We can't force them to pass legislation that would bring back jobs and reduce imports. When we needed what President Obama promised, the scalpel to the budget, transaprency, a better Washington (kicking out the lobbyists), we got healthcare "We" the middle class taxpayers can't afford! He should have made good on the clean burning coal he spoke about repeatedly. His plan for green jobs should have gone beyond the losses of his buddies at solyndra. I am not going to insult or praise President Bush who I did not vote for, and I will not reward President Obama for a failed four years either. Bob, can we survive another four years of this economy? I can't afford $4 a gallon gasoline and heating fuel, ever rising prices at the food store. America needs jobs, millions of them, a balanced budget even if it hurts like heck. We need more than grand speeches Bob. My vote for Romney is not one of confidence, not one I want to make. I really do think we are in serious trouble because of years and years of bad politics by legislators who have been in office for years. Who do we blame for where we are and who will "change" things for the better? Bob, we have a choice between two parties, both of which got us to this point, so how can we expect anything different? I do think we are sunk.

Comment

Franki,

Leadership, and following the leadership... whether it be the government, the military, or some other organization is critical to success. But like with all of these thing, one cannot change in the middle of the course. constantly. It's a lot like navigating a ship at sea... you keep changing course and all you do in turn in circles.

What we have had is a constant fight about direction. When Clinton was in office (and I voted for him too), he was totally under attack. Congress made every effort and successfully blocked thier healthcare plan. Congress spent massive effort and expense to "go after" the Clintons for the so-called "White Water" issues, and then again for Mr. Clinton's womanizing. And in neither case was anything proven or even brought to court action. It was just the Republican's effort to keep the focus on "blame" and thus not let the country proceed toward any success. And YES, that "Lewinsky" thing was nasty and a bad joke on all of us.... but for the rest of the world, it was a great mystery as to "what was all the excitement about". Hey, men... especially men in powerful positions too often have affairs. Not nice, not the morality that you and I and perhaps most Americans may prescribe too... but it is a reality. Should we topple the government because of it?

But as to Mr. Obama vs Mr. Romney.... what are you seeing that makes Obama a failure? Are those failures because of obstructionism. Are those failures because we have a world financial crisis? How do expect more jobs in the U.S., when previous administrations have set up encentives for American business to send jobs to China and when the current Congress is blocking any action that might possibly change that? And, have you made any effort to look at the things that were NOT accomplished when little Bush was in office and had a Congress that openly and continually blocked NOTHING that he asked for? And, in turn, have you looked at the successes of the Obama administration, that has managed to accomplish quite a bit, in spite of a Congress that has given him NOTHING that he has asked for.

Then look at Romney and his plans for us. Do you think that lowering taxes even more on the rich is going to create jobs? (That hasn't been the case since 1982... and in fact it has worked entirely in the reverse.) Maybe you think that removing "regulation" will bring back jobs? (Do we really want to return to things like the "Love Canal", having our rivers catch fire, having our families getting sick with cancers?) The fact is that Romney says he is going to bring us a better and brighter world, with millions more jobs, but all that he points to, is lowering the taxes for the rich and raising the taxes on you and me while at the same time taking away our benefits, destroying our health care, and just making life all the more difficult for both us, our families, and especially for our grandchildren.

The fact of the matter is that things have improved over the last four years.... just look around. People are finding jobs, people aren't loosing thier houses the way they were. Prices of gas are high, but no more so than they were and Congress is blocking any and all efforts for the administration to do anything about changing any of that. You yell that you want more oil exploration, perhaps you'd like to see more of those Gulf calamities.. only maybe off your nearest shore, or up here in my back yard. Maybe you don't believe those pictures we see with the flaming water faucets, the children getting sick, and the massive cancer cells that spring up around oil and gas sites. Even here in NY where we still have a ban on fracking, our border cities are under siege with crime from the many migrant gas field workers. We don't need more gas or more oil, we need more technology to get us off this nasty habit and we need a Congress that will get the he!! out of the way and off the "friends" list of the oil and gas industry.

CWS

Comment

Working...
                              X