X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democracy Ala The Democratic Party

Amidst Boos And Multiple Votes, DNC Reverses Position And Reinstates Jerusalem - YouTube

You tell me if you think 2/3rds hollard aye?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: Democracy Ala The Democratic Party

I watched that earlier and felt it wasn't even close to the required 2/3. I think it was a two part objection to the vote. Those who did not want God mentioned and those who did not want Jerusalem mentioned.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

How about mentioning the debt, economy and jobs? If they were so concerned about Jerusalem and "Israel why did President Obama not support the uprising in iran? He had a perfect opportunity to expand democracy and cause that little jerk in the cheap suit some grief!

Comment

Frankie, that's not the point I'm trying to get across. That video just demonstrates to me at least the arrogance that the leaders of that party have for not only the American people but the members of their own Party. How dare they ignore what was obviously a voted down amendment by their own delegates! A prime example of telling their own members that only the higher ups in the Party know what is good for the Party and you peons opinions don't really count.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Typical no one can count hands anymore

Comment

That entire thing was an orchestrated sham to make Obama look like the good guy. They purposely removed god and Jerusalem knowing there would be an uproar and then Barack comes in like a knight in shining armor to save the valor of the Democratic party and almost everybody bought it. Baaaaaa Baaaaaa Baaaaaa
            So easily led, so easily fooled the American public is.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
              Frankie, that's not the point I'm trying to get across. That video just demonstrates to me at least the arrogance that the leaders of that party have for not only the American people but the members of their own Party. How dare they ignore what was obviously a voted down amendment by their own delegates! A prime example of telling their own members that only the higher ups in the Party know what is good for the Party and you peons opinions don't really count.
              Dave, you made your point or should I say they made it for you. I was just expressing my disappointment over the last four years including a wasted opportunity.

Comment

You apparently didn't listen to any of the rest of the night's discussion (or last night's either), in which they talked about the the economy, health, rights, diplomacy, and the sham of the opposition.

It's funny how we all can listen and look and walk away with our own interpretations... all different. I think most all of us pretty much will filter what we see and hear based on pre-conceptions.

But the particular subject was the inclusion of God and "Jeruselum"... and that was "changed" because the Republican's were attempting to make an issue of it's absence from the platform. My "take" is that much of the booing was perhaps that the Dems were "bending" to the Republican play. (See what I mean... we all take an opinion, based on where we are.)

Personally, this whole "God" thing (and the politics of the Israilie capital) is ridiculous; especially the "God" part of it. We are (or used to be, anyway) "One Nation under GOD!)... we haven't been ONE-Nation in a very long time now. We are the haves and the have-nots, the rich and the poor, the Red and the Blue, and the far-right and the far-left or the Nazi's vs the Commies, as some see it. But, we certainly have not been "One Nation" in a long time.

We are also no longer the "Christian" nation either... as a matter of fact, I think too many of us have forgotten exactly what "Christian" means. Perhaps that comes from Mega-Churchs and conglomerate ministries that where the spokesman considers himself a CEO, but likes to advertize that he's just a simple "Minister"... Please donate!

But, how really bizarre is it, when on one hand we tell each other that there is "Separation of Church and State"... that we can't possilbly have a "Christmas" scene or a "Cross" on government property, but there's he!! to be paid if we don't have "God" in our political "platform". And why is it that every politician needs to stand before the nation and shed tears in his testimony of Christian beliefs. Hey, if you were really that much of a "Christian" would you be a "politician". Naw, I don't see it. But then again, I've known too many self-righteous church goers who would be all too happy to run over us on the way to their church; or worse, on their way to taking what they think God tells them they deserve.

No thanks, I think I'd just as soon see "God" not mentioned at all, especially in politics,

CWS

Comment

CWS, I did listen. Aside from some wrong figures mentioned here and there, former President Clinton gave a very moving speech. How can we possibly think of handing the country back to the republicans, just stick with President Obama! No, not me. I doubt Romney will win and if he does I don't expect miracles, but I did not get what I wanted from President Obama. I won't repeat myself, don't worry. Look at the debt, unemployment and things like food stamps, etc. The country can't survive at this rate and nothing President Obama and the democrats have done so far give me any encouragement or confidence they will do better going forward. I find it amazing how suppporters believe the lies both sides say when the proof is here for us to see!
                  I must be very unPatriotic, I was outspoken against Presdient Bush and I'm outspoken against President Obama. Maybe I'm just very immature expecting more of the people we elect to improve our country, and growing impatient four years late when things in my opinion are worse. What was the point of bailing out wallstreet and the automakers, and not fixing unemployment and fuel prices? Just admit there is no fixing this and let it collapse. No, both sides will drag out another grand speaker, some celebrity to sway the sheep.

What am I saying? Half the country is convinced President Obama will get the job done these next four years, and half the country is convinced Mitt Romney will fix the mess when elected. We win either way, right? Nothing to worry, or argue about.

Comment

"I think too many of us have forgotten exactly what "Christian" means."

The problem is that a large number of those you refer to are the ones we were brought up learning to trust and respect because they were/are our spitural leaders. Why are we not a nation of Christians? I may be because we have found out that too many of our religous leaders have lost our respect. When the church starts to really clean up their own mess and hold those responsible rather than hide them, then they might regain their place. In the mean time many people I know choose to worship on their own.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X