X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marketing Frenzy

No Frank I don`t think you are suffering enough just yet when petrol costs $1.50 a Lt in Aus ($6.00 a gallon) or when you pay 25 to 30cents for a KW for electricity when the price of a Lt of water and heating has gone through the roof when you borrow the buy a house the interest rate over 25 years is varable here and goes up and down but mostly up and is now at around 6.3% credit cards on average at 18% no Frank the US is on easy street but just how long will Asia be prepared to finance your standard of living before they pull the plug as the counting is up to 16 trillon and counting I read that the EU is demanding that Greece introduce in 6 day working week and 11 hours per day and Greece is in a lot better situation than you are time is running out faster than you think

Tony

Comment

Regardless of what is going on overall, there will always be those who prefer to focus only on the negative. Yes, as reported in the media the other day, the Chevy Volt is a loss. But is that only a short-term loss? GM as I whole has been a successful venture and certainly Chrysler has been a successful venture and the AEG bailout has been a very successful venture!

Whether your a plumber, electrician, carpenter, whatever... haven't you ever done a job in which you've had a loss? Certainly you don't want to make a habit of it, but if you are whatever you are, a "loss" happens, just like an occasional mistake.

Regarding "long-winded"... well I'm sure that's me. Hey, see the negative in that if you wish, as I certainly wouldn't want to challenge your reading time. But, some people won't accept a short answer. But then again, some will not except a long answer either. But that doesn't mean I won't try, especially if I like the guy who's asking the question. I think people deserve and answer if they continually ask it. Hey I'm up to the challenge and figure he just might be worth whatever effort I can afford to spend.

But, when he still comes back and says, no one will answer him. Well, what can I say. They are obviously not influenced by facts, history, example, or even educated theory. So, people see what they want, or don't see what they don't want to see. That may well be stupid on my part, but again... I think it was a challenge worth the effort.

Besides, it's entertaining and I find myself doing a lot more research... it's like doing puzzles!

So what the hell, if you don't like "long-winded" then look at the length before you read the first word and skip it if you'd like,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        We cannot afford education ... for everyone.
        Then the idea that was America is truly doomed. Excellent public education is a necessary cornerstone of any egalitarian society.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

"Frank,

If I had all the answers, I'd hopefully be living a lot higher than I am. For a no-college guy, I think I do fairly well though. The problem of couse is that, as you know from your own experiece, people don't agree with your answers. And worse, if I had the power to actually execute MY answers, someone would probably to assasinate me. But here's just a quicky:

Explain how the debt gets paid, the budget balanced, the tens of millions employed,: There was sort of one of those funny stories going around a year or too ago, something like this little town where everybody owed somebody. The a salesman stopped in a the local hotel, gave the owner $100 for a room and went up stairs to check it out. The hotel owner, ran across the steet to the laundry (I don't remember the exact story, so I'm making my own) and paid the bill for he owed. The laundress, then ran down the street and paid the seamstress for the repairs she had made; who in turn ran up to department store and paid for the materials she had purchased; then that propretor paid his tab at the hotel restaurant he had run up.

About that time the salesman came back to the hotel desk and explained he didn't like the room and wanted his $100 back, which he got. BUT, in that short little "visit" all the bills in town had been paid in full!

That's how the economy works... it is really very much almost a "perceptional thing". Quote, CWS

CWS, you read my response to your detailed answers, so no I don't consider the above satisfatory. I appreciate your effort and I have gotten nothing better from anyone else, but the questions still remain unanswered in my opinion. There is no plan and no one has really answered with any specificity. No offense, just my perception. Frank

Comment

"... there is NO plan to catch us... "

That's the republican way..."every man form himself", so you don't need a national plan. Less government is more remember?

You are master of your own destiny. And don't forget to thank those responsible for the oppruntunity
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Guys, we've pretty much said all there is to say, so for my part I'm done. All this activity in Libya, and Iran has me concerned. I don't understand the ramifications of recent events, and I wonder if Israel is going to just make a move? I would feel better if President Obama got on the tv and talked to us about all these things. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                you read my response to your detailed answers, so no I don't consider the above satisfatory. I appreciate your effort and I have gotten nothing better from anyone else, but the questions still remain unanswered in my opinion. There is no plan and no one has really answered with any specificity. No offense, just my perception. Frank

Frank,

I've given you "detailed" answers, to at least these questions (I've anwered much broader questions too, in recent responses). Those answers have been conveyed in ancecdotes, examples, historical facts, opinions, past and recent events of both our lifetimes, and even instructional writing of how things work, or should work. So sorry Man, how can I get any more specific that that? The "questions still remain unanswered" is as you say, "your opinion".

You ask for "specificity"... I'm sort of dumbfounded because other than coming over to your house and getting you and all your neighbors to play a game oh history and economics, I really can't put across the idea much better.

The whole objective here was to clarify to both you and me, why with your questions and level of frustration you are voting for the very same party that has given you this headache and who has taken this country down the path it has been on since 1981. You think you don't have an answer... Hell man, I don't have an answer either. I have no comprehension whatsoever of why a person as unhappy with the situation as you are, would vote for those people again. It's like you simply have lost "logic". No offense intended, but I'm confused by that logic and you simply stick to your thoughts that Obama hasn't shown YOU anything, so you're going back to what was in 2008.

Hey, I confess I GIVE UP! It is NOT my place to educate you or anyone else. I'd like to think that I can persuade people, if they are shown the facts and especially the history, and even if I can just show them the economic "arithmetic" of it all. BUT, I am obviously WRONG.

Just know this: If the Tea Party, the Republican "right-wing", and all those multi-millionaires get there way come November. This nation will undoubtedly continue on it's path to the "3rd World Nation" status. The rich will increase its percentage of wealth, which they will rob from you and from me and they will not only become our "masters", but they will become "masters" of most everything.

When the "middle class" has been reduced to poverty, when we totally loose our right through "unions" to negotiate for anything. When we loose any chance for Federal Healthcare and when we are able to only rely on, as the Republicans like to put it, "the rights that God has given us".... What do you think will happen? Do you really want to rely on "God" to save your a$$.

At some point, when the Republican rich have totally established thier rights as the "Capitalist Kings", what do you think your chances of keeping your rather plush retirement benefits will be? Who will speak for you, when your ex-employer decides that it no longer owes you anything, because it was the CEO's that made the company; and none of your work helped them at all? At that time, with government oversight gone, so will YOUR benefits.

And then, what other "rights" will be lost. Already we see that "negotiation" is up for grabs. Education, has failed and the Republicans are calling for that to simply go away from Federal funding, oversight, and regulation. Gone to will be clean water and air, because that cost industry $, that might serve better in the owners pockets. Gone will be safety... you can already look at the National Park system and see what eight years of neglect and budget cutting has done for it and the citizens who have a "right" to visit.

At what point do our rights diminish to the point where it makes better economic sense to deny them, rather than support them. Can the government "afford" to guarantee the safety of your offspring? Will we reach a point where "by the people and for the people" mean nothing more than what the actuarials say is "profitable". When will it reach a point that with no healthcare, no food safety, no environmental protection, no equal opportunity for education, and no chance to even buy the things that only the richest of us can acquire, that we the people decide to take action. And will we be able to do that and how would we be able to do that?

We have already seen the Supreme Court decide in favor of secretive and uncontrolled funding of a political party. We have already seen secret and uncontrolled funding of the media. We have already seen an absolutely uncontrolled series of lies and deceit used to garner your vote. So at what point will we ever be able to recognize the truth and in doing so, will we be well past the ability to change that? And with NO answer to that possibility, at what point will the government, the "Corporate Controlled" government decide that having firearms in the hands of the desitude is simply no longer "affordable"!!!!

I figure that will happen soon after "Corpoate Controlled" government has made the decision that "the masses" of poor are too ignorant to vote and or have become "unmanageable". (No, scratch that... I'm beginning to reach the opinion that we are fast approching the point where the majority will always be manageable.)

So, this coversation now ends. I think we both need a break.

CWS
                Last edited by CWSmith; 09-12-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks CWS, you've been very patient. I hope we can continue to exchange going forward. Frank

Comment

Hey old friend,

"Politics" and "Religion" can be the great dividers; but we all must remember that here on this forum it is really JUST a discussion among friends. I think our values go well beyond that. You and I disagee only in some regards and are of similar minds with others. Conversation shouldn't divide us unless we let it. I think we are both well above such trivial things.

(Regarding your concerns for the Near-East events, I think that subject might better be discussed in another thread.)

Kindest regards,

CWS
                    Last edited by CWSmith; 09-13-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

thats the common thing with all the channels these days as every one is trying to make the maximum profit from their popular shows.

sometime it becomes really irritating when it becomes to long . i think there must be some rule for these commercial ads they must be shown in limited quantity and for more shorter period of time
                      Get More info

Comment

Working...
                      X