X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message in a Bottle

On several occasions over the last few years I've had the opportunity to post in response to someone who was threatening or at least talking about comitting suicide on other sites. The Internet is sometimes a place of last resort for folks who feel alone and lost, so I take these things seriously.

Well, I just received a response from one of these folks who thanked me for taking the time to respond way back when. He said my words were of comfort and encouragement. He said he had found a "mate" and was getting married. I don't know further details, but what a great feeling to have possibly made a difference in someone's life! Sadly there are too many trolls out there doing there best to upset folks. We are very lucky to have this site and the moderators who keep it respectful. Frank

Re: Message in a Bottle

Geez Frank, all this time I thought you were one of the trolls. (Just kidding, of course!)

Comment

several years back, a similar situation came up on the forum and was handled by some forum members before the other member did anything bad. in the end the member is still active here and the hero's are still not known

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        several years back, a similar situation came up on the forum and was handled by some forum members before the other member did anything bad. in the end the member is still active here and the hero's are still not known

rick.
        Rick, I would expect no less from most of the folks here. We may get a little heated with eachother from time to time, but when someone appears to be in need there is a strong outpouring of support. There is none of that kicking a guy when he's down behavior. Very uplifting to read the positive responses from guys who are confident ,and caring enough to say "I've been there, don't give up, give it time", and so on. Frank

Comment

Frank,

You are good MAN! I hope that you never let, for a moment, anyone's opposing view make you question that. We all have "differences", but we can set those aside when it comes to helping each other, even when it comes to strangers. That is what makes us a great people and I think you are a good example to be appreciated.

Rick,

I remember the incident, the helpful reactions of others, and the very wonderful concern and kindest that was demonstrated. I remember too, reading the reaction of a few of the forum members who took immediate steps to look into this and help. I was really proud of those peole, even though I didn't know any of them. It was just nice to be here on a forum and in sort of a "family" where such "heroes" would be.

CWS

Comment

Cheers to the good samaritan in you. Keep touching hearts. May you be blessed more.

Comment

Working...
            X