X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curb C0CK Wrenches

Every once in a while I make some curb C0CK wrenches. I know you guys up north in cold country have/make them longer. But, down here 30"/36" is plenty long enough..
    I paint them bright colors so they don't get lost in the grass.. Usually what happens is my customers leave them behind on the job site...
    Attached Files

Re: Curb C0CK Wrenches

You're right, 8' and longer is common around here. 3' ones wouldn't even get half way down to the curb stop.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

3' is great for residential here but I have one for gate valves that can extend to 12' - 15'. I hear some cities have motorized wrenches for exercising their valves.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

The water company here flips out if you touch the curb stop

Comment

all cities are a no no to touch, but santa monica is a real no no no. they will respond usually within 15 minutes.

i even have the 2'' corporation wrench for large meters and hydrants. but it stays at the shop with my telescoping ratcheting extendable 6' center tee handle ridgid underground tank wrench.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGenPlumber View Post
            The water company here flips out if you touch the curb stop
            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            all cities are a no no to touch, but santa monica is a real no no no. they will respond usually within 15 minutes.

i even have the 2'' corporation wrench for large meters and hydrants. but it stays at the shop with my telescoping ratcheting extendable 6' center tee handle ridgid underground tank wrench.

rick.

Not here in the Tampa Bay area.. If you need to shut it off we have thier blessing..

Comment

here is the parts breakdown of the wrench i'm referring to. keep in mind that the handles are 6' long and the drive shaft is 2'' square tubing like a trailer hitch.

http://ridgid-belarus.com/files/prod...tankwrench.pdf

need to dig up my photos of the wrench

rick.

6' in length ratcheting handle with telescoping extension, 2'' corporation adapter, hex bushing adapter and chain wrench on the 2'' drive.
              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-15-2012, 10:38 AM.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I have fabbed 2. Now for the city key this is how I'll copy the lug head. Tack weld a large socket on a length of re bar. I'll fill the socket full of wax ring wax or plumbers putty.
                Perfect Impression! Will fab from there. Never should of said NO NO TO THE IRISHMAN !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X