X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5 Gallon Bucket Recycling

i have lint brushes that are attached to 3' sections of flexable push rod and a 4'' nylon bristle brush. that and a good high volume shop vac or leaf blower and the lines are spotless.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by urch55 View Post
      I made myself a lint trap for my dryer because the washroom is not on an outside wall. I further filter it by putting three layers of window screen over exhaust duct on my trap..
      I know they have wee little traps you can buy at home depot but, you have to fill them up with water every time you use the dryer. I can go a long time without adding water. I put about a cup of bleach in the water so nothing starts to grow.. It has been working out great for the last 11/12 years...

You have a great lint trap there, but ultimately, if you have a gas dryer you're venting the products of combustion into your home which isn't the healthiest thing to do. Especially if you have a tight house. With an electric dryer I don't think internal venting would be such a problem, except for the humidity you might be introducing to the house environment and fighting AC in the summer. (Although maybe your water trap also traps humidity as well?
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
        You have a great lint trap there, but ultimately, if you have a gas dryer you're venting the products of combustion into your home which isn't the healthiest thing to do. Especially if you have a tight house. With an electric dryer I don't think internal venting would be such a problem, except for the humidity you might be introducing to the house environment and fighting AC in the summer. (Although maybe your water trap also traps humidity as well?

I realize what your saying but, it's not a gas dryer. With the metal duct on top that pushes away any moist air from the wall. Besides you need moisture in the air, makes it easier to breathe.
        As I was growing up we had two kerosene heaters, my Dad would put a pot of water on one to moisten the air....Obvious in the summer we did not have the heaters on...
        But I have had no issues after installing the duct...

Comment

Working...
        X