X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specialty Tool Made to Order..

Here is a tool that I made up for a plumber. He wanted a tool to remove the flush valve nut on Kohler toilets. Since the nuts on Kohler flush valves are counter sunk in the tank to bowl gasket. I always used channel locks for this job but, I must admit it would have been easier with the right tool tho.. Here's what I came up with...

Last edited by urch55; 09-16-2012, 04:41 PM.

Re: Specialty Tool Made to Order..

could have used one last week.

what is the od of the pipe you used?

do you think a piece of sch. 40 pvc would work too? maybe a coupling?

i have a set of 1'' drive sockets to 3.5'' but that's an overkill for this.

looks like you have some onan green left over

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
      That would be 2-1/2" Sch 40 pipe. The only problem with sockets it may not fit in the gasket. Other wise a truck axle lock nut socket would work but they won't fit. That is why I notched the pipe so it does not cover the points of the nut...

Comment

BTW, this is what I use to remove the kohler flush body nut. works awsome but I like your idea. 2 1/2 rigid or emt?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          BTW, this is what I use to remove the kohler flush body nut. works awsome but I like your idea. 2 1/2 rigid or emt?

GJ,

That would be 2-1/2" Sch 40, not emt. I use a sawzall on the nut of the brass ones..
          I am surprised if some one don't market them already..

Comment

Originally posted by urch55 View Post
            Rick,
            That would be 2-1/2" Sch 40 pipe. The only problem with sockets it may not fit in the gasket. Other wise a truck axle lock nut socket would work but they won't fit. That is why I notched the pipe so it does not cover the points of the nut...
            so a 2''sch. 40 pvc coupling should work pretty good then. drill a hole for a long shaft screwdriver or a piece of 1/2'' copper and you should be good to go. or even an extension with 2'' plastic and a tee with a 1.5'' sliding plastic pipe for leverage and can be removed.

isn't the kohler locknut the same size as a regularplastic flush valve nut too?

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              isn't the kohler locknut the same size as a regularplastic flush valve nut too?

rick.

No, The nuts with the built in washer has a smaller hex that the regulator nuts...

Comment

Working...
              X