X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dealing with a Bully

This whole thing is a complex topic. Although there are many factors some of the underlying reasons for the bad feelings against the US from people in that region include support for Israel as well as support for some of the regimes that are disliked by the people of that country. Unfortunately their leaders use this as an opportunity to whip up people's emotion resulting in all this violence. Having said that the "them and us mentality" is what really gets me. The whole of the US is being held responsible for some low grade movie (did anyone watch the movie - I saw a 14 min clip on Youtube - what garbage). Also the whole population of some countries are being tarred with the same brush due to the violence there .

Their god is not my God
    This thinking has cost untold number of wars and loss of life. I'm in agreement with NHMaster3015 on this.

hose responsible for blowing up the twin towers aren't rebuilding them...
    They died in the planes did they not - so who are you referring to?

Comment

I received a complaint regarding this thread. Let's please keep it light and respectful.

Thanks-Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        Can you think of one religious war in all of history that has turned out well?
        I have to be honest, I think religious wars are down right ridiculous.

I'm a staunch Catholic, and I could care less if someone believes or not, and I would never push my religious beliefs on someone. But however, in the bible the good Lord has taught us to respect all of man kind regardless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
            I have to be honest, I think religious wars are down right ridiculous.

I'm a staunch Catholic, and I could care less if someone believes or not, and I would never push my religious beliefs on someone. But however, in the bible the good Lord has taught us to respect all of man kind regardless.
            Flux, whether you say respect or tolerate others, there is in my opinion a limit. We are supposed to be tolerant and respectful towards homosexuals, which I agree with but not pedophiles. I agree with the same being applied to most other religions, or those who do not have religious beliefs. My problem is tolerating people whose religious beliefs call for violence towards others, and the mistreatment of women, and the challenge to our rights and freedoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              There was a case in which a man in a halloween parade who was wearing a costume of the profit muhammad, was assaulted by a man who was offended! The judge did not rule against the defendent and actually scolded the plaintiff, saying he should have expected such a reaction to his insulting behavior! I'm pretty sure my account to the events is accurate. Court decisions are very important and can be used for future cases.

Yes, I remember that on the yahoo news. And his partner was wearing a Jesus costume and nothing happened to him.. I am glad that most Christians are tolerant. The way I look at it anybody that blasphemes against My God and my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, will have to answer to God for what they say and do....
              Sometimes I get so pi$$ed it's a good thing that the Holy Spirit kinda like holds me back from doing what I want to do...Sometimes just driving tests my Christianity because the way others drive and they think they own the road..

Comment

Originally posted by blue_can View Post
                They died in the planes did they not - so who are you referring to?

So you think they were the only ones involved??

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  I received a complaint regarding this thread. Let's please keep it light and respectful.

Thanks-Mark

Oops, someone must not have liked one of my comments/posts..
                  I thought we were doing pretty good, no blood shed and no black eyes.
                  All well you can't please all the people all the time. Politics and religion will do that..

Comment

Originally posted by urch55 View Post
                    So you think they were the only ones involved??
                    It's not about thinking who was involved - it's about knowing who was involved. As far as I know a few people plus the hijackers. So who are you expecting to to rebuild the towers then?

Christians are supposed to have the spirit of forgiveness do they not. So have you forgiven these people for what they did?
                    Last edited by blue_can; 09-28-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Flux, whether you say respect or tolerate others, there is in my opinion a limit. We are supposed to be tolerant and respectful towards homosexuals, which I agree with but not pedophiles. I agree with the same being applied to most other religions, or those who do not have religious beliefs. My problem is tolerating people whose religious beliefs call for violence towards others, and the mistreatment of women, and the challenge to our rights and freedoms.
                      I do not believe the "official" version of the religion supports these things but like a lot of things some preachers and leaders twist things to more extreme versions for their own ends.

Comment

Christians are supposed to have the spirit of forgiveness do they not. So have you forgiven these people for what they did?

I would quote what Jesus has to say about forgiveness but, it would be from the bible and so many of you do not consider it the word of God so I will tell it to you this way.
                        They have been forgiven. That has nothing to do with restitution.. Look it up I will spell it out for you.
                        R e s t i t u t i o n

If someone took a hammer to a persons vehicle, yes we are to forgive that person but, they would still have to pay for the damages. The act or willingness to forgive is spiritual; for your spiritual benefit not the others.. This is for Christians, don't know what you belive.

Comment

I would quote what Jesus has to say about forgiveness but, it would be from the bible and so many of you do not consider it the word of God so I will tell it to you this way.
                          They have been forgiven. That has nothing to do with restitution.. Look it up I will spell it out for you.
                          R e s t i t u t i o n

If someone took a hammer to a persons vehicle, yes we are to forgive that person but, they would still have to pay for the damages. The act or willingness to forgive is spiritual; for your spiritual benefit not the others.. This is for Christians, don't know what you belive.
                          Well okay but I'm still not clear who you are expecting restitution from.

Have we as a country paid restitution to all those accidentally killed by our bombs during the wars?

btw I want to go back tp an earlier quote

Their god is not my God
                          I'm not an expert on Islam but I believe they do believe in Jesus but only as a prophet. So it is possible they do believe in the same god as you.

Comment

Well okay but I'm still not clear who you are expecting restitution from.

Have we as a country paid restitution to all those accidentally killed by our bombs during the wars?

btw I want to go back tp an earlier quote

I'm not an expert on Islam but I believe they do believe in Jesus but only as a prophet. So it is possible they do believe in the same god as you.

I really not expecting anybody to pay restitution for the twin towers. Nobody has paid for anything else in the past so why should they start now.. What I am saying is they should. The terrorist group that caused it should pay.. I did not kill those people that that soldier did but the US paid something like 50 grand to each one. That was taxpayers money but since a US soldier did it we (taxpayers) paid it. Now do you see where I am coming from??
                            I think the USA has paid restitution in many cases....

Islam may belive Jesus is a prophet but he wasn't. He may have prophesied but he is not a prophet. He is the Son of God and even God Himself call Him "God". So you see muslims don't consider Jesus as God or even as the Son of God. So we do not "share" the same God..

Comment

I really not expecting anybody to pay restitution for the twin towers. Nobody has paid for anything else in the past so why should they start now.. What I am saying is they should. The terrorist group that caused it should pay.. I did not kill those people that that soldier did but the US paid something like 50 grand to each one. That was taxpayers money but since a US soldier did it we (taxpayers) paid it. Now do you see where I am coming from??
                              I think the USA has paid restitution in many cases....

Islam may belive Jesus is a prophet but he wasn't. He may have prophesied but he is not a prophet. He is the Son of God and even God Himself call Him "God". So you see muslims don't consider Jesus as God or even as the Son of God. So we do not "share" the same God..
                              I've never heard of a terrorist group paying out restitution - their goal is to cause destruction. So that's not going to happen and is not a direct comparison to our govt/taxpayer footing the bill for damages done overseas. Besides a solder is effectively under the orders of the govt and hence the govt can and should take some responsibility for their actions. A terrorist on the other hand is like a private citizen who commits a crime overseas. When did you last hear of a govt taking responsibility due to the actions of a private citizen.

I have another question for you. What's your view on the movie that kind of started all this latest violence. Is it reasonable as a Christian to make such a movie mocking their prophet (I believe the person making the movie was a Christian). I watched the movie and although the acting was terrible they did portray the guy as a womanizer and as an idiot. Should the whole country including you and me be held responsible for this? How would you feel if someone from one of those countries made such a movie mocking Jesus? Not excusing the violent response to the movie at all but let's face it - we should also be careful about offending other people's religious views.

Comment

I've never heard of a terrorist group paying out restitution - their goal is to cause destruction. So that's not going to happen and is not a direct comparison to our govt/taxpayer footing the bill for damages done overseas. Besides a solder is effectively under the orders of the govt and hence the govt can and should take some responsibility for their actions. A terrorist on the other hand is like a private citizen who commits a crime overseas. When did you last hear of a govt taking responsibility due to the actions of a private citizen.

I have another question for you. What's your view on the movie that kind of started all this latest violence. Is it reasonable as a Christian to make such a movie mocking their prophet (I believe the person making the movie was a Christian). I watched the movie and although the acting was terrible they did portray the guy as a womanizer and as an idiot. Should the whole country including you and me be held responsible for this? How would you feel if someone from one of those countries made such a movie mocking Jesus? Not excusing the violent response to the movie at all but let's face it - we should also be careful about offending other people's religious views.
                                blue,
                                That's what I am saying. Terrorist don't make things right. If anything they do all the wrong things..
                                I would be curious on how many governments support terrorist in one way or another. I suppose some would even claim the US supports them by supplying weapons etc. to the rebels. I don't know too much on that but, I have heard others say it...

As far as the so called movie no I have not watched it and don't plan to.. If anybody calls themselves a
                                "Christian" and for no other reason other to "mock" one's belief, thier actions tells me they are no Christian. because a true Christian does not act that way.. If this man wanted to evangelize the muslim people there is better respectful ways on doing so...He just drove them away farther so, he defeated his purpose that's if it was indeed his purpose. (But I have my doubts)..
                                My statement is based on what Jesus said,"you will know them by thier fruits".

I have seen and heard of people mocking My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Does it make me angry yes it does. Does it make me want to kill people NO. What they do to mock and blaspheme God,Jesus and the Holy Spirit is between them and God. I would not want to be in thier shoes that's for sure. If they blaspheme God or Jesus there is forgiveness for that, if asked for but, there is no forgiveness for blaspheming the Holy Spirit..(As stated in the bible). I really don't know how to decipher that any farther to apply it. That's why I cringe at what others say because I don't know if they ever crossed that line, and I am not going to judge them. I will let the word of God do that. I have to judge myself so I don't get out of line, and when I do, I know God forgives me and I try not to do it again..
                                Thank God for Grace and Mercy because I don't know where I would be with it..

Comment

Working...
                                X