Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing with a Bully

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Dealing with a Bully

    That is not my reasoning Or their reasoning has nothing to do with them being a democracy it has to do with them being hated because of Palestine, it be like my buddy buying a house in the gang district of LA and wondering why it's so bad when his neighbors hate him on all sides. I would not go visit him after dark or maybe not even during the day. I can handle being hated for the things that I (or my country in this case) have done but not for being hated and attacked really for the things a friend (Israel) has done.
    Seattle Drain Service

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Dealing with a Bully

      Like it or not, there will never be peace in the middle east as long as Israel exists.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Dealing with a Bully

        Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        Like it or not, there will never be peace in the middle east as long as Israel exists.
        So why don't we take the initiave and exterminate Israel? Then we could be one big happy world. We could get the president of iran to send some advisors here to help us get rid of all those pesky homosexuals. We could all adopt thier religion so there wouldn't be any further friction there either. I can see it now, a woman gets out of line just drag her in the street and beat the heck out of her, or stone her is the mood strikes. We would be so much better off with that darn Israel out of the way, and on the road to islam. Anything for peace right?

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Dealing with a Bully

          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          So why don't we take the initiave and exterminate Israel? Then we could be one big happy world. We could get the president of iran to send some advisors here to help us get rid of all those pesky homosexuals. We could all adopt thier religion so there wouldn't be any further friction there either. I can see it now, a woman gets out of line just drag her in the street and beat the heck out of her, or stone her is the mood strikes. We would be so much better off with that darn Israel out of the way, and on the road to islam. Anything for peace right?
          It would be a lot easier if you just moved to Iran.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Dealing with a Bully

            Way to go Pipestone!!! I just about fell off my stool here!


            Naw, Franki might not be a happy guy with all the turmoil in the world; but let's face it, he's just providing a public service by not letting any of us forget any of it!

            My only problem with Frank is that after he reads any opinion from me, he then wants to know what I'm going to do about it... Plan B, if you would.

            Let's face it, nothing wrong with having your mind challenged,

            CWS

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Dealing with a Bully

              We are as the saying goes. "stuck between a rock and a hard place" This whole mess was started over 60 years ago at the end of WWII. Nobody could have possibly imagined just how pissed off the Arab world would be by the decision to give that particular piece of land to the Jews. We totally underestimated them plain and simple and now, Israel is our only trusted ally in the region. Unfortunately, they are vastly outnumbered and surrounded.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Dealing with a Bully

                Just a note: In world war 1 The jewish people supported germany and feared Russia.
                Seattle Drain Service

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Dealing with a Bully

                  Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                  It would be a lot easier if you just moved to Iran.
                  Nah, we gotta clean this place up and they have all the right moves

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Dealing with a Bully

                    Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                    Way to go Pipestone!!! I just about fell off my stool here!


                    Naw, Franki might not be a happy guy with all the turmoil in the world; but let's face it, he's just providing a public service by not letting any of us forget any of it!

                    My only problem with Frank is that after he reads any opinion from me, he then wants to know what I'm going to do about it... Plan B, if you would.

                    Let's face it, nothing wrong with having your mind challenged,

                    CWS
                    Deciding which shoes to wear cahllenges my mind And here I thought I was providing some stimulating conversation? Mind you, I haven't discussed the election lately

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Dealing with a Bully

                      Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Deciding which shoes to wear cahllenges my mind And here I thought I was providing some stimulating conversation? Mind you, I haven't discussed the election lately
                      Thank God for little favors!! (Or is it Allah or Mohammud? or Budda or ?????) :-)
                      Last edited by Pipestone Kid; 09-30-2012, 05:16 PM. Reason: smiley

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Dealing with a Bully

                        Unfortunately that region has strategic importance to us and so trying to deal with our interests while juggling who to make happy/unhappy is very complex. One key thing about that region is the oil of course. Also as far as Israel - we have significant economic and trade ties with them and the impact would be significant if we cut ties with them. Many companies I've worked at or consulted at have had operations in Israel including the company I currently consult at - in fact I deal with people in the Israel office on a regular basis.

                        If not the best thing would be to leave them to their own devices and let them fight and blow each other up. It should be borne in mind that even Muslims fight among themselves - look at the mess Iraq turned into.

                        Frank - you seem to be driven heavily by emotion having read some of your posts. Thing like burning the Quran, nuking people etc. What's up with that. You might be a good candidate to join the Muslims as they seem to be a people driven by emotion yes

                        My Dad lived and worked in Oman for many years and got to know many of the Omaines. There were no stoning and wife beatings as far as I recall - at least the wife beating part is probably no worse than in this country.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Dealing with a Bully

                          Originally posted by blue_can View Post
                          Unfortunately that region has strategic importance to us and so trying to deal with our interests while juggling who to make happy/unhappy is very complex. One key thing about that region is the oil of course. Also as far as Israel - we have significant economic and trade ties with them and the impact would be significant if we cut ties with them. Many companies I've worked at or consulted at have had operations in Israel including the company I currently consult at - in fact I deal with people in the Israel office on a regular basis.

                          If not the best thing would be to leave them to their own devices and let them fight and blow each other up. It should be borne in mind that even Muslims fight among themselves - look at the mess Iraq turned into.

                          Frank - you seem to be driven heavily by emotion having read some of your posts. Thing like burning the Quran, nuking people etc. What's up with that. You might be a good candidate to join the Muslims as they seem to be a people driven by emotion yes

                          My Dad lived and worked in Oman for many years and got to know many of the Omaines. There were no stoning and wife beatings as far as I recall - at least the wife beating part is probably no worse than in this country.
                          I'm a frustrated old guy watching too much negative news. Reading up on sharia law upsets me, and the thought that it could impact us here is troublesome. I agree about abuse and violence right here, and I've read and heard of far too many incidents over the years. I'm an emotional guy, injustice bothers me. I don't expect us to change the rest of the world, I just don't want us taking steps backwards. I know people who worked in the arab emirates and there were all sorts of warnings and rules to be observed. I want our society to evolve in a good way, with less violence, more fairness. No wife beating! I don't want to see any country nuked, however we must be prepared to defend ourselves down the road. Take what I say with a grain of salt. Burning piles of the Quran in protest to our flag burnings seemed to raise eyebrows, but I thought it was an eye for an eye.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Dealing with a Bully

                            Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            I'm a frustrated old guy watching too much negative news. Reading up on sharia law upsets me, and the thought that it could impact us here is troublesome. I agree about abuse and violence right here, and I've read and heard of far too many incidents over the years. I'm an emotional guy, injustice bothers me. I don't expect us to change the rest of the world, I just don't want us taking steps backwards. I know people who worked in the arab emirates and there were all sorts of warnings and rules to be observed. I want our society to evolve in a good way, with less violence, more fairness. No wife beating! I don't want to see any country nuked, however we must be prepared to defend ourselves down the road. Take what I say with a grain of salt. Burning piles of the Quran in protest to our flag burnings seemed to raise eyebrows, but I thought it was an eye for an eye.
                            I really cannot see that kind of thing coming here and most of us are not going to put up with it. So I'm not sure that's something to be concerned about. I work with many Middle Easterner immigrants to the US - many hold doctorates and are very smart people. No one I know who comes from that region is interested in this kind of stuff. Interestingly I worked with a person from Iraq who was a Christian a few years ago. I think something like 10% of Iraq are Christians.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Dealing with a Bully

                              This country will never be taken over by the Muslim faith for one simple reason. Our society is so filled with perversion, corruption, excess, crime, greed and avarice that it overwhelms them.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Dealing with a Bully

                                Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                                My only problem with Frank is that after he reads any opinion from me, he then wants to know what I'm going to do about it... Plan B, if you would.CWS
                                CW, You mean you don't have plan "B"....

                                Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                                Nobody could have possibly imagined just how pissed off the Arab world would be by the decision to give that particular piece of land to the Jews. We totally underestimated them plain and simple and now, Israel is our only trusted ally in the region.
                                Master, Who are you saying gave Israel thier land????

                                Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                                Just a note: In world war 1 The jewish people supported germany and feared Russia.
                                Cuda, And the Germans repaid them in WWII...

                                Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                                Reading up on sharia law upsets me, and the thought that it could impact us here is troublesome. injustice bothers me. I don't expect us to change the rest of the world, I just don't want us taking steps backwards. I want our society to evolve in a good way, with less violence, more fairness. No wife beating! I don't want to see any country nuked, however we must be prepared to defend ourselves down the road. I thought it was an eye for an eye.
                                Frank, I don't think it's the everyday muslims you have to worry about; it's the muslim "brotherhood" that's trying to impact our government and to infiltrate our world to change us little by little easy as she goes type of mentally. They know they can't win by force, so they use more subtle ways...
                                BTW, Eye for an eye was under the old covenant (law). We are under Grace. Just like the ten commandments was under the law, that too has been done away with. There is only one thing we need to do. Do you remember what Jesus said was the most important commandment??? I thought I would juggle your memory since you were raised Christian..


                                Originally posted by blue_can View Post
                                I really cannot see that kind of thing coming here and most of us are not going to put up with it. So I'm not sure that's something to be concerned about. I work with many Middle Easterner immigrants to the US - many hold doctorates and are very smart people. No one I know who comes from that region is interested in this kind of stuff. Interestingly I worked with a person from Iraq who was a Christian a few years ago. I think something like 10% of Iraq are Christians.
                                Blue, Have you heard about the "muslim brotherhood" trying to infiltrate our land.. To us it's like the mafia.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X