Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dealing with a Bully

Originally posted by urch55 View Post
    CW, You mean you don't have plan "B"....

Master, Who are you saying gave Israel thier land????

Cuda, And the Germans repaid them in WWII...

Frank, I don't think it's the everyday muslims you have to worry about; it's the muslim "brotherhood" that's trying to impact our government and to infiltrate our world to change us little by little easy as she goes type of mentally. They know they can't win by force, so they use more subtle ways...
    BTW, Eye for an eye was under the old covenant (law). We are under Grace. Just like the ten commandments was under the law, that too has been done away with. There is only one thing we need to do. Do you remember what Jesus said was the most important commandment??? I thought I would juggle your memory since you were raised Christian..

Blue, Have you heard about the "muslim brotherhood" trying to infiltrate our land.. To us it's like the mafia.
    As long as we make sure they don't influence our law what's the problem. No different to keeping things under check as with other organizations like the KKK. I believe (like some of the others on this forum) that religion (and this includes Christianity) has no place in the making of laws and politics.

Comment

Yeah, you guys are right, I'm blowing this all out of proportion. No real threat here from a handful of extremists.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESCifemBk6w
      Last edited by Frankiarmz; 09-30-2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Frank,
        As long as people don't care what goes into an elected public office, and don't care what they belive anything can/will happen..Because after all what they belive in is what influences their law making and amendments to chance laws and just plain governing/running their office...
        I guess our founding fathers would be considered racial Christians today and people would not want them in any type of public office. And yet they setup the founding laws that most of our laws today are based on..

I know,,,, "hey urch,,,,yea? Talk to the hand....

Comment

The british are the ones that set up the land deal with the arab league started after world war 1 and finished after wwII USA had some input but the deal had been going on for a long time.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Yeah, you guys are right, I'm blowing this all out of proportion. No real threat here from a handful of extremists.
            'Muslim Mafia' Targeting Religious Freedom? - YouTube
            Hmmm......yes and that video source comes from a Christian news channel. I don't give it a lot of credibility.
            Last edited by blue_can; 09-30-2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=urch55;383685
              I guess our founding fathers would be considered racial Christians today and people would not want them in any type of public office. And yet they setup the founding laws that most of our laws today are based on..

[/QUOTE]

In those times I believe things like slave trading and inter-racial marriages being illegal were present. These days those things are not deemed acceptable by society. So while the basic principles of the founding fathers are still present today other things have changed (and for the better IMO). So in some ways they may have been deemed racist. Is it true that only some churches only allowed white people in (eg Mormon)

Comment

Israel is the problem they had no right to take over Palestian lands the Jew were conquered by Vespasian between 66/70 ad two thousand years ago and to expect the Palestians to just give up their lands was ridiculas I just wonder how Americians would feel if one of your states was taken over by a group of Arabs Iran and any other Muslim countries have every right to have nuclear weapons and it is hipocritical for the US and others who have them to say they carn`t.
                With a population of around five million Israel does not have future the Muslims will over years to come breed them out of existence and I wonder just how long the US will protect them with China becoming a bigger threat than the middle east and tell the Jews in Jewyork that the party is over

Tony

Comment

"Jews in Jewyork"? Wow, that's a nice bit of hate right there! I don't have to wonder how the Indians felt as the europeans took thier land, killed them and stuck them on reservations for their own good. Hey tony, how did the aborigines feel? This is my last post on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                    Just a note: In world war 1 The jewish people supported germany and feared Russia.
                    Yes, but that was when Germany was ruled by the Kaiser and the royal family, and not the "Hitlerism" right-wing that took over Germany in the 1920's.

You can't just label a country and think that what was once, is still the same or that from one period to the next is similar. Look at us here in the U.S., at one time the Republican's represented what was good for the common citizen. Teddy Roosevelt was a "Republican".... he started the National Park service, stood up against big business, started pro-labor, conservation projects, and was against child labor and corporate corruption. All that has changed.

Political parties change, and sometimes drastically. Our country is no where near as united in a common goal as it once was and it appears that the right-wing wants to keep it that way.

CWS

Comment

With some of your there seems to be a bit too-much anti-Jewish sentiment.

The problem with the CBN newscast is that it is pretty one-sided and thus really rather un-Chrisitian, from my point of view. The problem here isn't so much that certain events do happen and that they are totally against what many of us are against; but, they report very specific events and then report them in a blown-out-of-proportion, and often out of context manner. The CBN broadcast has an agenda to encite the differences in our beliefs and to scare our side into escalating the issue.

Look, I appreciate Franki's points. Sometimes I wish he would settle down a bit and maybe find some happier thoughts. Actually, I've come to like many of his "challenges" and I think he means well and isn't as "over-the-top" as one might think on just one or two reads. He keeps me thinking, and for that I apprediate his "devil's advocacy" points.

The Irael issue is very complex. I've known a few Israeli's and I've known a few from Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Qutar, and Egypt and Iran. Fundamentally, we are all pretty much the same in that the people I have known are "moderates". Religious belief is important and with some it's a predominant factor in how they live. But, there is no evil there.. they don't beat their wives and kill their children over issues. Frankly, I have a bigger problem with many other "nationality" heritage Americans who think their wives and children exist to serve them. You don't have to be a particular religion or non-religious person to practice male-dominance.

Problem all-around is that we boast opinions with some very narrow visions of the world. OURS is not the only view to the right-side of an issue. Power does not make our side the right side in all cases either. What we lack is an inability and an unwillingness to view any issue from what might be our opponents view. Unless you can stand on thier side of an issue long enough to see what the problems might possibly be, and what their fears are, then you really are jumping into a conflict totally unprepared to win it. And winning doesn't mean dominating the situation on today's battlefield.... it means reaching a consensus so the issues are decidedly ended to that advantage and peace of both sides.

CWS

Comment

I'm not anti Jewish at all. My wife is Jewish and even she recognizes that there will be no peace as long as Israel exists. Cuda, thanks for posting the history lesson there. You can pretty much blame the whole damn mess on the British
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blue_can View Post
                          Is it true that only some churches only allowed white people in (eg Mormon)
                          Never been to a Mormon church but, I have been to most all other Christian churches and they all have black members or visitors. I don't know what thier bylaws are so I only go by what I see.. Some of the kindness people I have met at church is Romanian Christians, they seem to love God in a honest way..

Comment

I am not anti Jewish I hope I did not come off that way, I am a history guy and have learned that the region Israel occupies has changed hands many many times and it is a no win situation there. Iran is not so bad, in the past they have been caught between england and russia for over 100 years and if I could say something to them it would be "hey I am really sorry about the shah and the secret police that we backed we have a problem with backing people that are the wrong people" Worst thing is we can talk about these things all we want and I fear in the end it doesn't matter might be because there are things we don't even know. Afghanistan for one is known as the cemetery of foreign armys. Look it up and you will see what I mean.
                            Last edited by Cuda; 10-02-2012, 09:21 PM.
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by urch55 View Post
                              Never been to a Mormon church but, I have been to most all other Christian churches and they all have black members or visitors. I don't know what thier bylaws are so I only go by what I see.. Some of the kindness people I have met at church is Romanian Christians, they seem to love God in a honest way..
                              I was referring to the way things used to be in the founding father's time - not now. I believe you now hardly ever see this as people have become more tolerant of other races/cultures. The only thing I recall in recent times is some Christian educational institution came under fire for banning inter-racial dating. It was in the news and they (officially at least) retracted their position.

In this day of the Internet you can find all sorts of sites designed to cater to people's fears about certain things - I'm guessing in order to find more recruits. The KKK pushes the concept of a white Christian society and informs everyone how the white race is going to disappear soon. Fearful about illegal immigrants - plenty of sites out there with stats on how they are going to overrrun the country. Fearful about Islam invading our shores - go to CBN and watch their videos to be convinced.

I have a friend who has some of these fears and goes to these sites to reinforce his fears. I cannot understand it. I should have become a psychologist instead of an engineer and studied people like this to understand what makes them tick.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                                "Jews in Jewyork"? Wow, that's a nice bit of hate right there! I don't have to wonder how the Indians felt as the europeans took thier land, killed them and stuck them on reservations for their own good. Hey tony, how did the aborigines feel? This is my last post on this thread.
                                The Australian Aboriginals were not happy but this took place when conquest of others lands was aceptable two hundred years ago as you did with the Americian Indians but now it is not and was not in 1948 as there was an estabished country of Palistians and the US was not vary happy about it at the time and the only rearson the US protects Israel is the power of the Jewish lobbyists have the Democates and Republicians by the balls and as I have stated before I have Jewish ancestors and I am vary proud of them but what the Jews have done in Palestine has been a disgrace and for the US to support them in this genocide speaks volumes about a country in decay

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X