Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I The Only One?

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    When Romney suggested the 90 billion President Obama spent on his green job campaign contributors would have been better spent on education, there was no response at all.

Romney's record on healthcare, and education as governor is stellar, so any negative remarks to what he will do as President are only conjecture.

Really Franki?

Yeah Romney did mention "$90 Billion", didn't he... and certainly there wasn't any response... Obama probably was left wondering where that number came from. Solyndra cost $535 Million, which was NOT at all a good investment, but their numbers did look good before that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solyndra ' But, where DID that "$90 Billion" number come from? According to the numbers in the American Recovery Act, there was a total of approx $27 Billion TOTAL for "Energy Efficiency" and "Renewable Energy Research and Development". That is a far cry from Romney's numbers; and, much of that is still seeing use, jobs, and gains in technogy... so it certainly wasn't a waste. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...Infrastructure

You also mentioned "stellar performance" as governor. I don't see that and apparently neither did the people of Massechusetts, where at best he had a 50% approval rating in his first couple of years and ended up with a 65% disapproval rating just prior to the end of his term.

His unemployment record was near the bottom of all the states. (Between that and Bain Capital, it seems his record at making jobs is more his dream than his reality.)

Romney's other records as Governor, have not been good either. Though he had some successes, too much of his activity was under investigation and wasteful, and NOT at all of the picture that he is NOW trying to paint of himself. Like I said, this guy is a "chameleon" who changes his "colors" to match his audience's wants. (Governorship of Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

A good example of that is his present preaching on "independance" and "self-reliance" from a big, federal government. Romney himself used to brag that he knows how to get Federal money for his own causes, like those "Winter Olympics" that he boasts so much about:
    Romney’s work on Olympics, Massachusetts projects reveals complex history with earmarks - The Washington Post

I'll admit that last night he did well in the debate, but like Obama alluded to today, was that the Romney that we've been hearing so much from this last year and a half? My thinking is that once again, he's changed his "colors"... he seems to have a very selective memory on his own history and certainly on the makings of the economic situation, and he has yet to give any of us a clue as to what "changes" he is planning. His budget proposals and his statements of financial growth don't add up. Likewise his "leaving medical to the private sector" is a joke.... it is the "medical private sector" that has overwhelmingly inflated the cost of healthcare in the last thirty years and has driven companies to move out of the country in order to get out from under healthcare responsibility to it's American workforce.

CWS
    Last edited by CWSmith; 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM. Reason: data additions, links.

Comment

Good news, Gore figured out why Obama may have been off a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqre-hECbB8

Mark
      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 10-04-2012, 03:14 PM.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
        Really Franki?

You mentioned "stellar performance" as governor. I don't see that and apparently neither did the people of Massechusetts, where at best he had a 50% approval rating in his first couple of years and ended up with a 65% disapproval rating just prior to the end of his term.

His unemployment record was near the bottom of all the states. (Between that and Bain Capital, it seems his record at making jobs is more his dream than his reality.)

Romney's other records as Governor, have not been good either. Though he had some successes, too much of his activity was under investigation and wasteful, and NOT at all of the picture that he is NOW trying to paint of himself. Like I said, this guy is a "chameleon" who changes his "colors" to match his audience's wants. (Governorship of Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

A good example of that is his present preaching on "independance" and "self-reliance" from a big, federal government. Romney himself used to brag that he knows how to get Federal money for his own causes, like those "Winter Olympics" that he boasts so much about:
        Romney’s work on Olympics, Massachusetts projects reveals complex history with earmarks - The Washington Post

I'll admit that last night he did well in the debate, but like Obama alluded to today, was that the Romney that we've been hearing so much from this last year and a half? My thinking is that once again, he's changed his "colors"... he seems to have a very selective memory on his own history and certainly on the makings of the economic situation, and he has yet to give any of us a clue as to what "changes" he is planning. His budget proposals and his statements of financial growth don't add up. Likewise his "leaving medical to the private sector" is a joke.... it is the "medical private sector" that has overwhelmingly inflated the cost of healthcare in the last thirty years and has driven companies to move out of the country in order to get out from under healthcare responsibility to it's American workforce.

CWS
        Well, President Obama had no objections to Romney's accomplishments with healthcare and education while governor. When Romney said Massachusettes ranked highest in the country in education the President was silent. The President was also silent when Romney said if the President cared so much about education he could have spent the 90 billion he gave to his campaign contributors on education rather than failed green energy ventures. Most middle class families are strapped with inflation costs, high fuel costs and cannot afford to pay higher taxes to pay for the President's healthcare law. In my opinion we simply can't afford four more years of trillion dollar debt increases, unemployment and more of the failed same. I am a realist and believe the money is not there to pay for the healthcare, and education given our debt and unemployment. We can't afford the President's disregard of our immigration laws and special treatment extended to illegals. We are broke, or is the sixteen trillion and rising debt a nonissue? I'm afraid that at this time in our economic history Americans will have to go without, and some of us will die. We should have stopped the exodus of revenue paying businesses and good paying American jobs over the last forty years! We should not have borrowed trillions to pay for wars and a government void of fiscal responsibility. This train wreck either gets turned around with some people suffering and dying or there will be a lot of people suffering and dying. Show me the money and I'll be glad to admit I misunderstand the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Good news, Gore figured out why Obama may have been off a little.

Al Gore Blames Denver's High Altitude for Obama's Poor Debate Performance - 10/3/2012 - YouTube

Mark

Ooh That explains why he stood there with a i don't know any thing with out my TelePrompTer look on his face

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Keep up the good work Al, you're the best campaigner the Elephants have out there at the moment.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin 4
              I like to see Hellary Clintin,she is very impressive Foreign Minister.She is very peacefull women and she is solving all the international problems in adiplometic way.She also showed great courage at the time of her husband scandel with Monica Leunskey.
              She's a rather adept paper shredder. My guess is she's probably the type that likes to watch.

Comment

I think a display of true courage when her husband was caught in a lie and cheating would have been to divorce him! He broke their marriage vows, game over. She stayed with him to further her political career in my opinion. I also think Bill Clinton is an abuser, and possibly had witnesses to his crimes killed. No, I can't prove anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  I think a display of true courage when her husband was caught in a lie and cheating would have been to divorce him! He broke their marriage vows, game over. She stayed with him to further her political career in my opinion. I also think Bill Clinton is an abuser, and possibly had witnesses to his crimes killed. No, I can't prove anything.
                  My theory was better.
                  :}

Comment

Hey lets just suppose Hillary Clinton gets elected President of the United States. Question - When things get tough would she play the Gender card like our pathetic excuse for a leader. Do you also have massive debates about sexism and mysogeny(sorry about spelling). Does your Governement govern or do they just sook all the time.

Guys you reckon you have it hard you aint got nothing. Come down-under for the biggest laugh-fest around

Comment

Working...
                    X