Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Don't Mean This To Sound Like A Commercial But...........

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Mean This To Sound Like A Commercial But...........

I buy Carhartt stuff, do you? Carhartt - Category - Made in the USA
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: I Don't Mean This To Sound Like A Commercial But...........

I hear Walleyes don't like Carhartt's. (Just kidding--I like Carhartts)

Comment

I bought and wore Carhartts for many years as a utility lineman. That clothing saved me from injury many times, it was like armor! Unfortunately Carhartts are not "made in the USA". Check the labels and you will read made in mexico and elsewhere.
      Outsourced: Carhartt | Outsaurus.com

Comment

To me, it's another tool; been wearing it for years.

Actually, there is now an official Carhartt store within 1/2 hr of me!

Sadly, it is not made in the USA though.

Comment

The don't claim that ALL their products are Made in USA just some. At least they're trying, which is something that can't be said of so many other companies.

Comment

I admit it really bothered me to see this made in USA mainstay go the way of so many others, but I would not knock the product. I'm also hopeful that Carhartt along with many manufacturerers will begin to transition back to producing in the USA. I saw a video by some economic expert who said the combination of an American worker who produces roughly three times more than their chinese counterpart along with rising transportaion costs, will bring back millions of manufacturing jobs. I would strongly suggest anyone who works in a environment that is tough on your clothes, to give Carhartts a try. Frank

Comment

I think their jackets are crap. I have bought two and both of them had the zipper break within the first 6 months. The pants are stiff and uncomfortable and don't fit me well. All in all I'm not a Carhartt fan. They are way overpriced for the quality.
              sigpic

Comment

This picture is over twenty years old and my Carhartts were amazing! They saved me from many injuries ranging from winch line burrs, to metal punctures working around sharp objects in a manhole. The material relaxes after several washings, and in my opinion it is not designed for casual wear. The zippers were never a strong point.
                Attached Files

Comment

You can buy Carhartt at Home Depot. How good can it be
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                    The don't claim that ALL their products are Made in USA just some. At least they're trying, which is something that can't be said of so many other companies.
                    Well Dave, at least they are trying to keep selling products here. used to be (early 80s on back) it was ALL made here in the USA, Then it almost ALL went to Mexico and elsewhere, with practically nothing made here. Now they are trying to jump back on the Made in USA bandwagon after they turned their back on their US workers and all the people here who supported them when they were just darm good workwear. When they got popular with the young crowd and becam e stylish is when it all went downhill. I'm glad they are making more here in the US, I just wish they had never left. I have switched to other brands made here but wish they would bring their blue jean production back to the states.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      I think their jackets are crap. I have bought two and both of them had the zipper break within the first 6 months. The pants are stiff and uncomfortable and don't fit me well. All in all I'm not a Carhartt fan. They are way overpriced for the quality.
                      Their popularity is what did them in. The old stuff used to be good quality, sadly not today.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Agree the quality went down as they become popular to the younger crowd. Same thing happened to Timberland boots. I love the carhartt jeans, better then levis.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Tough Duck makes great winter work wear if you don't mind buying made in Canada products

Comment

[QUOTE=Bob D.;384027]Well Dave, at least they are trying to keep selling products here. used to be (early 80s on back) it was ALL made here in the USA, ......QUOTE]

While that may well be true, I doubt if there is a single company out there that is doing business just like they did in the 80's. Taken to its extremes, computers were just coming into fashion for businesses back in the 80's. How many jobs were eliminated at companies because of computers and those jobs didn't go anywhere? If its OK to bad mouth a company when they send jobs out of country then shouldn't it be praised when they bring some of them back?

Comment

Working...
                            X