X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughters

My daughter lives 125 miles from me and sometimes calls for advice.(especially if it is about the house) I thought I would share a post she put on Facebook: "You know...sometimes, you just have to admit that you overlooked something.

Long story short, the bathtub/shower was not draining well. Several failed attempts at clearing the drain led me to call my dad (my trusted home maintenance advisor) as to my next step. I was given some thorough instructions on the removal of the trap including the "make sure you run a little water in the drain after putting it back together because you don't want the sewer gas to come back up -AAAACKA! who knew that? Hey, hey... I'm a girl. Cut me a little slack. Regardless, I proceed to dismantle the plumbing and after a small flood lands in my bucket, lo and behold, not a freakin' single hair in that trap. I proceed to replace the plumping after digging around a little bit to check other parts of the plumbing which appeared quite clear and return to the bathtub to try one more attempt with my hair clog remover tool (part of a coat hanger) to find that clog. Try as I might, I could not find any clog in that drain.

However, the water is draining beautifully now. Yes...make sure the drain plug lever is completely in the open position.

I leave you to now clean up any spit coffee on your monitor."

Re: Daughters

Kid, I would give her a lot of credit for following instructions and not playing helpless! I would also not make fun of her after beginning my winter season snowblower prep by rebuilding the carb after forgetting to open the shutoff valve! I did a similar thing when my backpack blower was low on gas and I thought it had to be more serious. Sometimes, it's the simple things we overlook. She has a good sense of humor.

Comment

I followed your instructions on how to catch Minnesota Walleye and we all know how that turned out.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        I followed your instructions on how to catch Minnesota Walleye and we all know how that turned out.
        Just goes to show--You cant do much with a big hunk of cheese on your head!!

Comment

However, the water is draining beautifully now. Yes...make sure the drain plug lever is completely in the open position.

don't feel bad. i've gone out on some of those jobs too and just flipped the lever.

very impressed you got things apart and back together.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Amused by it. Oftentimes, the basic is the most neglected.

Comment

Working...
            X