X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a call

I haven't been a member of ph$$ in over five years. Didn't renew (lot's of reasons but won't get into that). I never removed the little three inch sticker on one of my trucks, never really thought about it. I've yet to have a customer know what ph$$ means, so what.
    Friday I get a call from the ph$$ saying that one of their members called and said I'm not a member but I still have the sticker on my truck. They told me to either pay up and renew or remove the sticker.

Yup I removed the sticker.

I also ordered brand new American flag stickers, it will look about the same but without the initials.
    Last edited by ironranger; 10-28-2012, 03:23 PM.

Re: Got a call

I would have left the sticker on the truck and just drawn a diagonal black line across the sticker.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The way they went about it was really chumpish. I'm pretty sure I know who called too, one of the good ole boys who doesn't even work anymore, just likes causing trouble. Why would I want to join again and rub shoulders with the likes of him? No thank you.

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      I would have left the sticker on the truck and just drawn a diagonal black line across the sticker.

Comment

I promise I would have hand delivered it to the house of the person who called me. Telling them "Here you go. This organization was useless for me."

Comment

If this is how they're trying to get old members to renew then they have big problems.

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
          I promise I would have hand delivered it to the house of the person who called me. Telling them "Here you go. This organization was useless for me."

Comment

Tell Your A Hole neighbor It's time to scrape off His Al Gore sticker also !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I was a member once. Went to the meetings too! What a joke. Just a bunch of drunks telling lies about how much money they make and how great they are, then after a few beers telling everyone how life sucks and money doesn't matter. I joined for what was to be access to cheaper insurance and better business strategy and all I left with was a sticker and a bill. Could be worse, I could live on the east coast and find a horse head in my bed for not paying dues.
              "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

it gets worse. i went as a guest with my buddy to a meeting at a steak house.

the 4 of us, including joey were early and sat down at a table. it wasn't until the place filled up before anyone joined us at our table.

didn't finish dinner when all the bs about flat rate rip off scams started. before you knew it we were pretty much close to blows. first and last 1 i ever attended. nothing but a bunch of owners that are trying to figure out how to scam the customer and then scam them again the next time when they swear they will never call them again.

should stand for plumbing hating crooks conman. right up there with the bbb

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

You're both right on the money! I couldn't have said it better myself and that's exactly why I didn't renew five years ago. Why would I want to spend all that money just to go to a couple of social parties? Most all of them don't even work anymore, it's just a place for them to get together and drink and slap each other on the back. But for them to stoop so low as to call me because of a little sticker still on the truck? More or less blackmail me into renewing? NO THANK YOU! I swear I couldn't get the sticker off the truck fast enough. Plus the insurance rates were higher than what I'm paying now.

Comment

Working...
                  X