Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Election Predictions

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    With all due respect to Florida voters, they put the da in Florida.

Mark
    Shame on you..

Who has more electoral votes Utah or Florida?????

Comment

Just heard gov. coumo say folks in NY could vote anywhere if the signed an affidavit. Can only cast a vote for President.

Comment

jeeps in china = one lie too many?
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
          jeeps in china = one lie too many?
          Except that they will be making Jeeps in China for the Asian Market. That means any Jeeps which were currently being shipped from the US to China and region will be made in China. In addition, Fiat has plans to retool a plant in Italy which will be making Jeeps. Approximately 50% of those Jeeps will be for the European market and 50% will be for the North American market. Again at the cost of US jobs.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I read that no jeeps would be made here. Consumers should boycott the product and our gov't should start imposing heavy tarrifs. What are we waiting for?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              I read that no jeeps would be made here. Consumers should boycott the product and our gov't should start imposing heavy tarrifs. What are we waiting for?
              It looks like Fiat is hoping to expand Jeep. While in theory, jobs will not be lost here, they will not expand here either. I'm guessing it is only a matter of time until a "business decision" is made to stop most if not all Jeep production here.

Mark

Comment

Chrysler repeats not moving Jeep work to China from U.S. | Reuters

It doesn't look to me like there are any plans to shut down U.S. production. Time will tell. While company press releases have never been considered paragons of truth, I don't understand why anyone would think a campaign ad is a more reliable souce of information. Certainly Chrysler's stated intentions were distorted, though of course no politician has ever been guilty of that before. It sure did bite him in the butt though, in a very close contest in a crucial state. Somebody messed up a focus group.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  Chrysler repeats not moving Jeep work to China from U.S. | Reuters

It doesn't look to me like there are any plans to shut down U.S. production. Time will tell. While company press releases have never been considered paragons of truth, I don't understand why anyone would think a campaign ad is a more reliable souce of information. Certainly Chrysler's stated intentions were distorted, though of course no politician has ever been guilty of that before. It sure did bite him in the butt though, in a very close contest in a crucial state. Somebody messed up a focus group.
                  http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...89T15X20121030

From your article:

"We are working to establish a global enterprise and previously announced our intent to return Jeep production to China, the world's largest auto market, in order to satisfy local market demand, which would not otherwise be accessible," said Marchionne in the email on Tuesday.

From a separate article:

Fiat would be paying 60% and Chrysler 40% of this total investment. The proposal includes building a Jeep model and a larger Alfa Romeo in Torino, in the 73-year-old former Fiat assembly plant. Production would increase from the current 178,000 units produced each year to a possible high of 280,000 units a year, which equals roughly 1,000 cars a day. The plant would build approximately 150,000 Alfas and 100,000 Chryslers each year. Half of the cars would be slated for sales in Europe with the remainder exported, predominantly to the US.

Made in Italy - Alfa Romeos and Jeeps | lagazzettaitaliana.com

These are American jobs not matter how you color it.

Mark

Comment

Mark, sorry man, but see my new signature; I'm done with this stuff forever.

Comment

Working...
                    X