Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Mom and i wan't to send a lil money back east for the troubled.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom and i wan't to send a lil money back east for the troubled.

What do You think Red Cross ? I like the Salvation Army. I don't want it sitting in some national fund!
    I wan't it to help the needy, NOW ! Thanks in advance .
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Mom and i wan't to send a lil money back east for the troubled.

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    What do You think Red Cross ? I like the Salvation Army. I don't want it sitting in some national fund!
    If you want it to go to work right away, then I would find a local Church where you are located that is doing efforts to help. They are everywhere. We have helped with Katrina and other victims. I even went and helped load the Truck. They took pictures of their trip and I really felt like the money and donations were used quickly. The problems with the Large organizations, is that it really may take a few months before the ball gets rolling. From my understanding about the current situation, is that there is a lot of red tape to go through to even help right now. They are not letting a lot of people into help right now, due to the limited access. They don't really want more people coming to an already over crowded area. I have not been able to get in touch with some of my family as often as I would like in NYC. They are still having major communication issues. Anyone on here that has been affected that can tell us differently?
    "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

https://sandynjrelieffund.org/index.html
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I like the Salvation Army. I don't want it sitting in some national fund!
        The salary for the director of the Salvation Army is $13,000. per year. Compare that to what the other directors take off the top.

Comment

I think for the large organizations like the ARC (Red Cross) that they are looking to replenish monies they already have collected in the past that they are now using to support efforts related to SANDY. They can't be sitting there with near zero balance in their accounts waiting for people to donate to the cause of the day, they are more proactive than that (I hope). So they have money they collected over the summer and during the last big emergency that now is in their hands (remember that a good amount comes to them in pledges so they don't see the money the day it is pledged) that they can put to use ASAP.

They have to keep their trucks stocked and equipment in good repair and train people and all the other things that make them successful. It doesn't happen overnight. SO I think to say that money given to the ARC will not help anyone right away is correct. YOUR dollar might not but the dollar that you or I gave last month will, and the dollar you gave today will be ready to help next month or next disaster. Having worked with Emergency Management for a number of years I can tell you that the ARC members around here work every day to be ready for the next big one like SANDY and for the little ones like when a fire or flood displaces a single family or a whole apartment building.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

We donated clothing and blankets through our church and I think it is the fastest and most direct path to the victims if it is close enough.

Comment

Thanks all .Salvation Army works. Have always admired these wonderful folks
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
              X