X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Voted!

My polling place was packed, but the process was extremely fast. I think there will be a heavy turnout and that's a good thing. Frank

Re: Just Voted!

joey, phoebe and 1 are going this morning before work and school.

although it appears that calif. is a blue state, there are plenty of local issues that need to be determined.

if phoebe had a choice, she would vote elmo for president. he's red

last week joey was looking for a water heater box. normally i have some folded up as i use the cardboard for working on.

all i could find was a 100 gallon box. they're using it for a polling booth at phoebe's school. talk about going to vote and getting rheemed

rick.

update. the elementary school we vote at is just a few doors down. the line was already out the door and well over 50 standing outside at 7:10 this morning. we'll come back this evening after phoebe's school.

went to get a donut and snapple. noticed a couple that had just walked up right after us as i returned home 45 minutes later. they were just leaving.

in the past they were lucky to get a 25% turn out. today i think they already beat that in the first hour.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-06-2012, 12:22 PM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

A few weeks ago we started receiving political ads in the mail with a womans name that has never lived at our address. Didnt think much of it then but over the weekend some political volunteers came to the door specifically asking for this woman.
      My wife brings this up at her polling place and finds out that this woman registered to vote with an ID that had OUR address. Theyve opened an investigation and will call us with the results.
      Something hinky going on....

Comment

Didn't vote yet (waiting on wife), but already all types of corruption is happening in our area with 70 Republican poll watchers getting thrown out of Philadelphia city polling stations, and the new black panthers are back. : )

There are also reports of election officials telling people to vote Obama and so the nonsense continues in our state.

Voter ID law passed in our state, but won't be implemented until the next election. The problem is Philadelphia and their constant 100% Democratic turn out for every election, in where dead people are voting is the problem. But they are asking for ID but residents are not required to show it.

I don't know...we shall see what happens in our state.

Comment

at our polling place there were more polling workers than voters, My wife and I were the only two there at that time,

what I get a kick out of is the small town procedure,
          you walk in and the polling workers will greet you by your name, and then ask about your family and how things going, and then they ask for your ID, so you can vote.
          we had two booths, in our polling place,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Brenda, Jeanna and I just voted and we were the only 3 in there.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Voted over lunch. took my whole lunch period but its well worth it. Its in God's hands now. BTW.. I was able to convince 2 folks this season to vote for the right guy who were undecided. Also.. was able to encourage many to make sure they got out to vote at all cost. My cousin actually drove back from school to vote where she is registered. Proud of her.

Comment

Here's a place to watch the results come in across the nation.
                Just happened upon it so don't know any background on the site,
                but it looked interesting.

2012 Election Results Map by State - Live Voting Updates - POLITICO.com
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Voted by mail. The only way to fly.

Comment

I just voted and in this little town of 4000 people there was no wait , Love the little town
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

our local elementary school has 2 presincts there. of course the 1 we're in was a long wait to sign in and vote. the other was walk right up.

but looking at the crossed off sheet at 5:30, i wasn't impressed with the turn out yet.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

I had to turn off the tv just now! The do nothing but vote along party lines democrat won the senate race here in CT. I don't get what the crowd was cheering about and chanting "Yes, we can"??? He was absent from most votes, and accomplished nothing for the economy, jobs, etc. I have my fingers crossed for the big one, amazing how so many people can vote for more of the failed same!
                        Last edited by Frankiarmz; 11-06-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Some words that might be offensive. Do not click and watch if you may fall into that category.
                          http://youtu.be/xIraCchPDhk

Comment

Working...
                          X