X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Service - Can't Believe it - Attn Josh

I have been a long time supporter of Ridgid, and have many thousands of dollars of their tools. I have been an active member of this forum since 2006. I have led many of my friends and co-workers towards Ridgid. Many people reading this post have probably read some of my other posts.

I am very organized by nature, and registered all my tools long before their individual dead lines. I mailed in the UPCs, and copies of the reciepts. Everything was recorded online, and all was in order. The digital program showed that my tools were registered and I was covered under the LSA warranty.

The new dashboard version came along, and suddenly many of my tools were "downgraded" to 3 year warranty status (which is well past it's expiration date now). Also, a good section of my tools were missing altogether. I thought this strange, and figured it was merely a computer error or some such thing.

I used the dashboard customer service software to see what was going on. Basically I was told by an agent that I didn't register my tools properly (some tools 6 years old) and the receipts were never sent in. They told me I have to "apply" to have my tools covered under the LSA. I need to be "reconsidered" and then a warranty officer may "grant" me the LSA.

I replied that this could not possibly be the case. Could they check their previous records and get back to me.

Same response from Ridgid as before. You must re-apply to even be considered.

This upset me. I have been very loyal to Ridgid, and I felt I was being messed around. I sent all the paper work in years ago, and I was told everything was recieved via the previous dashboard. Why are many tools missing? Why is my warranty no good? Why do I have to apply to be considered for a program I am already a part of?

I asked, politely, for a phone number and extension to call. I was told not to call, as there was no phone number to call. I must use the program.

I tried again, and same response. Basically I was told this time: tough luck and reapply.

I asked more questions via the program, and was told that no other response can be given.

How can this be? What happened to the Ridgid that used to be? Customer service that would TALK to their customers? My issue is important (at least to me) and I am being shrugged off. I am not being unreasonable. I am asking to speak with an agent regarding my warranty issues so I can have the issue resolved. I want to know what has happened to my account.

What in the world is going on? I feel very let down by a company I thought cared about it's customers.
    Last edited by franklin pug; 11-09-2012, 08:38 PM. Reason: grammar

Re: Customer Service - Can't Believe it - Attn Josh

Originally posted by franklin pug View Post
    I have been a long time supporter of Ridgid, and have many thousands of dollars of their tools. I have been an active member of this forum since 2006. I have led many of my friends and co-workers towards Ridgid. Many people reading this post have probably read some of my other posts.

I am very organized by nature, and registered all my tools long before their individual dead lines. I mailed in the UPCs, and copies of the reciepts. Everything was recorded online, and all was in order. The digital program showed that my tools were registered and I was covered under the LSA warranty.

The new dashboard version came along, and suddenly many of my tools were "downgraded" to 3 year warranty status (which is well past it's expiration date now). Also, a good section of my tools were missing altogether. I thought this strange, and figured it was merely a computer error or some such thing.

I used the dashboard customer service software to see what was going on. Basically I was told by an agent that I didn't register my tools properly (some tools 6 years old) and the receipts were never sent in. They told me I have to "apply" to have my tools covered under the LSA. I need to be "reconsidered" and then a warranty officer may "grant" me the LSA.

I replied that this could not possibly be the case. Could they check their previous records and get back to me.

Same response from Ridgid as before. You must re-apply to even be considered.

This upset me. I have been very loyal to Ridgid, and I felt I was being messed around. I sent all the paper work in years ago, and I was told everything was recieved via the previous dashboard. Why are many tools missing? Why is my warranty no good? Why do I have to apply to be considered for a program I am already a part of?

I asked, politely, for a phone number and extension to call. I was told not to call, as there was no phone number to call. I must use the program.

I tried again, and same response. Basically I was told this time: tough luck and reapply.

I asked more questions via the program, and was told that no other response can be given.

How can this be? What happened to the Ridgid that used to be? Customer service that would TALK to their customers? My issue is important (at least to me) and I am being shrugged off. I am not being unreasonable. I am asking to speak with an agent regarding my warranty issues so I can have the issue resolved. I want to know what has happened to my account.

What in the world is going on? I feel very let down by a company I thought cared about it's customers.
    I hope this gets resolved for you real soon. I called and spoke to a nice lady a few weeks ago in customer service. She actually took a couple of tools that were shown to be out of the 3 year warranty and cover them under the lifetime warranty when I pointed out that they were part of the same kit. Don't give up, I'm sure it is some kind of mix up that can be fixed. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      I hope this gets resolved for you real soon. I called and spoke to a nice lady a few weeks ago in customer service. She actually took a couple of tools that were shown to be out of the 3 year warranty and cover them under the lifetime warranty when I pointed out that they were part of the same kit. Don't give up, I'm sure it is some kind of mix up that can be fixed. Frank
      Thats good for you Frank but what about all those who will give up with frustration after having already jumped through all the hoops as FP did years ago.

Probably your only defense against this would be a hardcopy printout of the dashboard screen showing you tool listed in the system. IIRC you also get a reply in the mail that the registration has been completed, or is that not the case any longer? I gave up on registering the tools for the LSA long ago, to me its a waste of time, just take the 3 years and hope they even honor that.

Or buy someone elses tools, but that's tough as they own so many labels now you can't get away from them.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        Thats good for you Frank but what about all those who will give up with frustration after having already jumped through all the hoops as FP did years ago.
        This is exactly how I feel Bob. I have jumped though all the hoops and completed all the requirements years ago. Now I cannot even get a person on the phone. They care 0% for me and my issue.

Comment

Sue them. Seriously sue them. Small claims court. The outcome would be interesting.

Bet all your registration would some how get worked out before your suit got far. Don't want all that national attention.

Comment

Over six years ago, I sent in all of the documents and the bar code from the box that my TS3650 came in. The saw was never registered under the LSA. I made several phone calls and received many promises but no resolution was ever made. I made a few posts about this issue and never received an answer. Much frustration with RIDGID.

Since that time, I have purchased a few woodworking power tools, none of them were RIDGID.

If you are dissatisfied with your treatment by a company, vote with your dollars.

Bill

Comment

Sorry, I thought you were communicating through the internet and not by actual phone conversations. I can't understand why there should be such a difference in how consumers are treated by phone reps? I agree that even if some of us are satisfied that still eaves way too many folks upset by the process. What's the answer?

Comment

Originally posted by billmoy View Post
                Over six years ago, I sent in all of the documents and the bar code from the box that my TS3650 came in. The saw was never registered under the LSA. I made several phone calls and received many promises but no resolution was ever made. I made a few posts about this issue and never received an answer. Much frustration with RIDGID.

Since that time, I have purchased a few woodworking power tools, none of them were RIDGID.

If you are dissatisfied with your treatment by a company, vote with your dollars.

Bill
                And the great part of the process is you are supposed to send in your ORIGINAL receipt. Then, 6 years later when they mysteriously lose your registration onthe Dashboard and ask you to resubmit, you don't have the original paperwork to do it with.

I really think the best thing to do is treat the LSA like an auto manufacturers MPG claim, pure BS and do not base your buying decision on it at all. I bet those ginsu knives sold on TV years ago stand behind their product better than TTI/OWT does.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                ---------
                ---------

Comment

BobD,

Bob, I'm believe you are mistaken here; you don't have to send in your "original receipt", only a copy of it. You do have to send in the original UPC code which you cut from the product carton, but as I recall, only a copy of the receipt is required with the particular purchase marked.

However, Home Depot receipts used to be notorious for fading, as they were using thermal-process register receipts. I always used to scan them into my computer so I would have a copy. Going back into my receipt records, most all of the original receipts from Home Depot are now just blank pieces of paper.

CWS

Comment

And now, because I'm sure they reserve the right to renegotiate "service" contracts and get different companies to answer calls & change software.......YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN. EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE IT!

No thanks. I'll never buy a Ridgid battery tool for even the inclination toward a false promise. Unfortunately, this "branding" that is going on everywhere tarnishes the name of the traditional Ridgid line of tools and the good people behind them. Think hard Ridgid/Emerson, it's a slippery slope to have one area of your business rapidly erode the reputation of the other that took decades to establish.

Comment

I can't even find a link to the dashboard.
                      SSG, U.S. Army
                      Retired
                      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                        BobD,

Bob, I'm believe you are mistaken here; you don't have to send in your "original receipt", only a copy of it. You do have to send in the original UPC code which you cut from the product carton, but as I recall, only a copy of the receipt is required with the particular purchase marked.

However, Home Depot receipts used to be notorious for fading, as they were using thermal-process register receipts. I always used to scan them into my computer so I would have a copy. Going back into my receipt records, most all of the original receipts from Home Depot are now just blank pieces of paper.

CWS
                        Thanks. been a while since i have boothered to send in the paperwork, i just do what they expect most of us to do and consider their products disposable. Only i won't be going back for seconds, i'll try my luck elsewhere with someone elses product not connected to TTI/OWT or just step down to a lower level tool that is truely disposable such as Ryobi but still gooivesw good performance for about 40 to 50% of what RIDGID tools cost.
                        ---------------
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
                          I can't even find a link to the dashboard.
                          same here. ii have not found it anywhere for some time (months). I just tried using the site search and nothing. also looked on the sitemap page and not listed. also looked on the support page and not there either.

if anyone has a bookmarked link to the dashboard page see if it still works, if yes then post for others who can't seem to find it like me. I bet dollars to donuts that all my stuff is wiped out too.
                          ---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Is this it now?

https://register.ridgidpower.com/customer_session/new

Comment

This is why I will never and have never bought Ridgid power tools.

Hope you guys get it worked out.

Comment

Working...
                              X