X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday fellow marines 237 years proud

Had our lunch yesterday . About 40 Men N woman Marines .
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Happy birthday fellow marines 237 years proud

We had a Marine Col. Join Us with a young Man signed up and leaving for boot camp next week. It made our hearts sing. The Col. Visited each table , and We all shook His hand.
    One Vet ,He met was a 90 Year old Marine vet from WW 2 , others Chosen Valley Korea, Ist Marine recon Viet Nam, Afghanistan, Iraq. He was so respectful to Us all.
    I will add this Young Marine to My Prayer list , Maybe You will too ! Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Best first person book on war I've ever read:
      With The Old Breed

Gives an outsider a little understanding of Semper Fi.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
        Best first person book on war I've ever read:
        With The Old Breed

Gives an outsider a little understanding of Semper Fi.

Thanks Scott. I'll Amazon it.

Comment

W.E.B. Griffin spins some great tales in the fiction department, with a lot of history thrown in.
          Semper Fi

Comment

Here's another good book about the "crotch", this one set in Korea.
            Breakout: The Chosin Reservoir Campaign, Korea 1950: Martin Russ: 9780140292596: Amazon.com: Books

This one some interesting insights into the basic differences between the USA and the USMC.
            Last edited by Plumbus; 11-11-2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

On the fiction side, as story set in Vietnam
              Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War: Karl Marlantes: 9780802145314: Amazon.com: Books

Comment

Ask Marines N army Nam Vets about the rock apes. They are clannish,and very protective. My friend from 1st. recon N 6 other members were just dropped off By Helo. for their mission. They passed by a family of rock apes above them on a hill.Rock apes Kill with rocks N small boulders Marines were getting their asses kicked and one opened fire killing one ape ,and blowing the Mission. Now the rest of the apes went into a rock frenzy. They offed them all ,and called to get evacuated. Darren got called in by the Col. What the Fk are You radioing about some rock apes ??
                Darren couldn't tell the Col. He had No field experience. Beth N I were at His Pinning Last summer By the Marine Corps. Wonderful honor, He was a point Man ,did 20 Missions.
                He talked about the Marines giving up their Hershey bars to their squad. When they entered a new village,they sought out the orphanage. they gave out all the marines candy, Med supplies, clothing. He said at His pinning ceremony " I talk of this now because it never made the papers " I guess no one told Jane !

Comment

Kevin
                  I'll bet your friend Darren would recognize quite a bit of Matterhorn as all too frighteningly real. It's a book for those of us who haven't been in harm's way, not for those who have.

Comment

Kevin
                    I'll bet your friend Darren would recognize quite a bit of Matterhorn as all too frighteningly real. It's a book for those of us who haven't been in harm's way, not for those who have.
                    The 3 of Us will have lunch in San Rafael some afternoon

Comment

ooooooooRAH!!!!!!

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      Had our lunch yesterday . About 40 Men N woman Marines .

Comment

Working...
                      X