X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Knew It. I Just Knew It.

Now I just have to figure out which side I'm on.

Dumb and Dumber: Study Says Humans Are Slowly Losing Their Smarts - US News and World Report

Re: I Knew It. I Just Knew It.

I think our access through electronics to the world of information, entertainment and socializing hs helped raise the intelligence of some, while others just fill their brains with junk. This Forum is a perfect example of the good that can come from modern day technology and the Internet. Here tradesmen and diy's can exchange information and learn! I am able to discuss my thoughts on a wide range of subject including the economy and politics with people from different social and economic backgrounds. I can argue my opinions and learn as others argue theirs.This process is both stimulating and educational. Without this medium, the best I could do locally would be whatever interaction I could find in people I run into while shopping or possibly at church? The minds of the ancients were not cluttered with so much mindless information as we are from our various media. As adults we are or should be more discriminating with how we choose to occupy our minds, children are more easily lead by external sources. A computer in the hands of a child who has caring, thoughtful parents, can guide him or her to a world of learning and positive growth. The same cannot be said of kids who play with various electronic devices in school, adults who talk or text while driving and all those who walk into utility poles or traffic while distracted by their electronic toys.

Comment

A must watch movie.

Click image for larger version

Name:	c47e5ec910d90b5119355c0ca0724d72.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	16862
      sigpic

Comment

This comes as a suprise how exactly? It's simple really, just look at the food, and all the hormones that are injected into it. Then look at all the chemicals that are added. That toxic mix is floating around inside people's heads, mucking up God knows what inside those nerve cells. Also, also look at all the electronics around us, ALL of them giving off electromagnet emissions, and passing through our collective skulls at ALL given times. Given all this, on top of all the free radicals that pass around us naturally, is it any wonder that it can cause cognitive degeneration through sheer wear, tear, and erosion?

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
          This comes as a suprise how exactly? It's simple really, just look at the food, and all the hormones that are injected into it. Then look at all the chemicals that are added. That toxic mix is floating around inside people's heads, mucking up God knows what inside those nerve cells. Also, also look at all the electronics around us, ALL of them giving off electromagnet emissions, and passing through our collective skulls at ALL given times. Given all this, on top of all the free radicals that pass around us naturally, is it any wonder that it can cause cognitive degeneration through sheer wear, tear, and erosion?
          Haven't read the whole study yet. But I don't think that it is a cognitive degeneration for all people. Rather, a degeneration of the total average.

Warning: Lots of Lamens term interpretations coming.

His reasoning and conclusions are that in the past, the dumbasses of the world were weeded out by their decisions and life in general earlier in history. Didn't plan ahead & froze or starved to death. Poor risk management and analytical skills to assess dangers. Etc. etc. You can imagine.

Now, we've developed a world where the dumbass can survive in spite of these behaviors.

It does seem to coincide with what I label the ever increasing "Take Care of Me" generation and why those that take care of themselves seem to be frustrated by the increased burden placed upon them due to it.

i.e. A lesser amount of responsible people to assist more dumbasses.

Gonna' put that in my book.

Comment

Working...
          X