X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasps in the attic?

It's a long story. I had some sheetrock hanging from a bad storm, and put off replacing it for too long. I am pretty sure my attic is now infested with wasps. The plywood is repaired, and the attic sealed off again. I doubt seriously that they will now be able to enter or leave. Any ideas as to what kind of poison to set out up there by the ceiling opening that will eventually kill them off once it warms back up? I'm thinking a big bowl of antifreeze should work.

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Wasps in the attic?

I use a cup of table syrup and a table spoon of Borax for ants. They eat it and bring it back to the nest and it kills the hive. Perhaps this will work for the wasp?

In my garage ever few years I get wasp nest. They are pretty small as I'm in and out a lot so I catch it in the early stages. What I do is get out my can of elmires spray glue (spray contact cement). I spray the hive and leave it for a bit. The wasp can't leave the nest as they become glued to the nest, any returning wasp are also stuck to the hive. After I do this I leave the hive alone as wasp are apparently territorial so any new wasp coming into the shed leave it alone.

Comment

Call in a professional exterminator.
      They know exactly what to do and YOU WILL BE SAFE!
      Have you ever been bitten by a wasp? Are you allergic to their bite?

An exterminator is the fastest and safest way to solve your wasp problem.

Cactus Man

Comment

Play some Aerosmith. No wait, that's for toys.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKLKEd62m0k&feature=plcp
          Just man up and go get them!!
          Last edited by G3sprinklers; 11-25-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
            Those arent wasps my friend.
            26+6=1

Comment

Ya don't say!!

But that is me in the video!!

Just figured if he did not have any clue how to get rid of wasp he would not know the difference between bees and wasp!

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
                Ya don't say!!

But that is me in the video!!

Just figured if he did not have any clue how to get rid of wasp he would not know the difference between bees and wasp!
                I asked a legitimate question. If you don't want to contribute a legitimate, constructive answer, that's fine. Just keep your pie hole shut, jackass.

I thank all the grown-ups who took the time to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vigilant View Post
                  I asked a legitimate question. If you don't want to contribute a legitimate, constructive answer, that's fine. Just keep your pie hole shut, jackass.

I thank all the grown-ups who took the time to answer.
                  If everything has been repaired, sheet rock and plywood, to a point that they can neither enter or leave I really do not see what the concern is. Then you go on to say there is still an opening in the ceiling. Very conflicting information. Since you live in eastern NC it will be getting cold enough in the very near future that the infestation of wasp will not make it through the winter and what few do will be confined to the attic area where they can not enter or leave. Are you using this for a storage area??? if not just forget about it.
                  Just go to home depot and get a couple cans of wasp and hornet spray.
                  Now you are going to say that you are allergic to bee stings, I hear this all the time and my reply is "where is your epi pen?" A little bump, mild swelling and itching is not an allergic reaction, those are just the symptoms from a sting. Now if you airway starts to swell and breathing becomes difficult, then you are having an allergic reaction, use the epi pen and call 9-1-1.
                  The answer to this is to call your local exterminator.
                  If you are not sure of what you are doing call in a professional.

Glad to hear you got your house back in order after the bad storm!
                  Last edited by G3sprinklers; 11-27-2012, 08:24 AM.

Comment

OK, I will sift through all of your additionnal childish BS, and offer my thanks for the valid thoughts you shared. I had a feeling that the problem might take care of itself for the reasons you mentioned, and you are probably right in that regard. The 'opening' I mentioned is the entry to the attic, covered by a separate sheet of sheetrock, in the usual manner. There is no way they can get past it, as long as that cover sheet stays in place.

Jackass government worker drone wannabee? Sounds like you could use a little adjustment yourself. Talk is cheap.

Comment

Never said I didn't have a screw or two loose. Talk is cheap so don't put too much stock in it!

Comment

Working...
                      X