Here's One Reason...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here's One Reason...

Flux, it was Bush, Clinton, now Obama and a bunch before them who got us to this point. What about NAFTA, the work of both republicans and democrats. I don't believe we have free trade or fair trade, those are meaningless terms to excuse a communist super power for making most of our consumer goods. We are in debt trillions of dollars, millions of Americans out of work and yet some good Americans think junk made in china is a deal. Wake up, what you might be saving at the cash register you are paying for in unemployment, welfare, food stamps, taxes and declining property values. Stop making this about two Presidents. Regarding President Obama, he promised a plan that would fix unemployment, the debt, the economy. Problem solved

Comment

Re: Clinton did not leave a surpluss

Originally posted by johncameron View Post
      Furthermore Clinton allowed risky derivative trading, resended the glass steagal act which caused the housing bubble and the wall St. economic meltdown!
      clinton didn't stop it, but i think it got started before he was in office. it was early 98 that jp morgan chase started what became known as derivative trading when they started bundling and selling off some of the huge debt they were holding on their own. they wanted to spread the risk among the other big banks, and they all fell for it hook, line and sinker, only the sinkers ended up being us.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Flux, it was Bush, Clinton, now Obama and a bunch before them who got us to this point. What about NAFTA, the work of both republicans and democrats. I don't believe we have free trade or fair trade, those are meaningless terms to excuse a communist super power for making most of our consumer goods. We are in debt trillions of dollars, millions of Americans out of work and yet some good Americans think junk made in china is a deal. Wake up, what you might be saving at the cash register you are paying for in unemployment, welfare, food stamps, taxes and declining property values. Stop making this about two Presidents. Regarding President Obama, he promised a plan that would fix unemployment, the debt, the economy. Problem solved
        Well we should all get ready to bend over and touch our toes, cause this is going to be painful for the next 4 years.

I'm actually embarrassed for this country right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          Well we should all get ready to bend over and touch our toes, cause this is going to be painful for the next 4 years.

I'm actually embarrassed for this country right now.
          Painful ain't the word! Watch what happens if our great leaders can't fix this fiscal cliff situation. I'm less embarassed and more concerned, we had a storm that brought out the worst in some people around here, can you imagine what will happens if things get bad on a larger scale? We are over sixteen trillion in debt and they refuse to cut entitlements, am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Painful ain't the word! Watch what happens if our great leaders can't fix this fiscal cliff situation. I'm less embarassed and more concerned, we had a storm that brought out the worst in some people around here, can you imagine what will happens if things get bad on a larger scale? We are over sixteen trillion in debt and they refuse to cut entitlements, am I missing something?
            I haven't really watched any news since the election because I'm just too disgusted. But the other day I read the dictator was coming to Pennsylvania to plead his case about raising taxes, and he's taking to twitter to plead his case there as well. Why is this clown still in campaign mode? How long has it been since the senate passed a budget?

I hope it all collapses Frank....I just don't care anymore.

The dictator has brain washed people into believing we have a tax problem in this country, when in fact we have a major spending problem.

The dictator will never make 1 significant cut to make a major difference...just won't happen. I read the other day, that the Unions were placing ads in certain states trying to stop cuts to any entitlements.

Were screwed.

Comment

.... The judge sits in a position to rule on ....
              CWS, remember that in this case the 'judge' you speak of is a TV judge, she no longer holds that title in any offical capacity as far as I know.
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Re: Clinton did not leave a surpluss

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                clinton didn't stop it, but i think it got started before he was in office. it was early 98 that jp morgan chase started what became known as derivative trading when they started bundling and selling off some of the huge debt they were holding on their own. they wanted to spread the risk among the other big banks, and they all fell for it hook, line and sinker, only the sinkers ended up being us.
                Clinton admits he was wrong allowing derivitives in this youtube video;
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs3Z2Z2WMJk
                Last edited by johncameron; 11-30-2012, 01:46 AM. Reason: cant get link to post

Comment

Working...
                X