X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's One Reason...

Here's one of the reasons the country is in trouble. An increasing amount of people like those in this clip.

Re: Here's One Reason...

That should be must see TV for every voter the day before all elections! Obama, Obama.......discount double check.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

You are absolutely right, people like this character make me sick and they shouldn't receive a single dime! But what has that got to do with Obama? This program as been in effect for a lot longer than Obama has been in office.

I've got a family living next to me, in what was at one time the home of one of the leading families in our area. (They had owned one of the largest milk processing plants in the state.) But today, the jerks who live next door to me are now in their fourth year of "squatting" on the property. No mortgage, no taxes, no jobs.... the guy isn't even sixty-five yet and when he did work all he did was handle baggage for one of the airlines out of Kennedy! She's an alienfrom some Hispanic country. They have two grown daughters, one of which attends college only part time and they have a teenage son who has been kicked out of class more times than I can count. The police have investigated them and him so much that just the mention of thier name bring about a "oh them!" from the detective division.

These people drive a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country, a 2010 PT Cruiser Convertable, a 2009 Hyndai sedan, own two wide-screen TV's and have a reputation for cheating everybody, including sticking my plumber for three days work! They threatened my family, my grandchildren, the school, and even an attorney that I know (after the attorney called them about her adolescent daughter being called a "dirty F******g J**". I have a digital video of them threatening me and my family and though I've taken that to the police, these people are still there and as secure as ever.

Yet with all of that, plus more.... we are now more than a year with absolutely NOTHING done! I've gone to three different attorney's and because those people have no money, I've been told to forget it, because "there's no money in it" for the the lawyers. I've been told by the police that though it is clear, "the law" allows "too much wiggle room" for them to pin charges on.

The bank (HSBC) has owned this house since April of 2009, and it pays the taxes, but they have not been able to evict them because these folks are "poor". (A week after they filed in Albany and was granted "poor person status", they bought their daughter the PT Cruiser and shortly after that another wide screen TV.

We live in a land where there is very little a person can do to defend themselves against the poor or the rich. We the middle class are here to absorb whatever gets thrown at us. BUT, I cannot lay any of this at the feet of the President. We've got a much bigger Republican structure here than we do a Democratic one. I've seen way too much of the corruption of Republicans in both my local and regional areas.

Right now, they must have $300 to $400 worth of Christmas decorations in front of their house. Yet their garbage blows over into my yard because they're too lazy to pick it up. I've got tires and old cans and toys stacked up between our two garages and every day I put up with their loud car radio, blowing car horns, and too often threats. These people are truly entitled!

The "law" is pretty empty when it comes to the rights of the middle class. There are subsidies for the poor and breaks for the rich, but very little for the support or the assistance to those of us who have worked all our lives to get where we are.

CWS
      Last edited by CWSmith; 11-27-2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

It's too late, the election is past history, and Judy has jumped her drawers for another time.

Comment

CWS, the solution is easy. Just pick a night, hop the fence, pull the electrical meter out, then toss the thing over a bridge somewhere. It's easy, and there is no way they can get a new one.

Comment

The guy in the video is black but this is a problem with whites too, and it's gonna get worse. CWS, forget pulling the meter. If you really want them gone it will require serious action, maybe someone else will toss a few firebombs at their house in the middle of the night when you and your family are away? Don't waste another dime on the legal system, or calls to the police, act like you are burying the hatchet. Kill them with kindness, maybe send them a nice fruit basket When some time passes Darn shame!

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
              You are absolutely right, people like this character make me sick and they shouldn't receive a single dime! But what has that got to do with Obama?

CWS
              The people currently holding public office are the only ones who can make changes to the system at this time, that's what that has to do with Obama. Leadership comes from the top and works its way down. I have not seen very much leadership out of the White House in the last 4 years so issues like this one would be a good place to start. I know he's the leader of the Giveaway Party however I'm sick and tired of almost half of my money going to some form of taxation.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                The people currently holding public office are the only ones who can make changes to the system at this time, that's what that has to do with Obama. Leadership comes from the top and works its way down. I have not seen very much leadership out of the White House in the last 4 years so issues like this one would be a good place to start. I know he's the leader of the Giveaway Party however I'm sick and tired of almost half of my money going to some form of taxation.
                Relax Dave, they got a plan! The last four years were just a tease, sort of playing with us. Now sit back and watch unemployment drop along with inflation, entitlements, and wasteful spending. They got a plan they will use to fix the economy. balance the budget and pay down the debt. Seriously, the abuse and fraud needs to stop! We need inspectors, and prosecutions. I still think we need affordable gasoline and so much more. I hope they work out this debt limit thing and I pray we don't get another downgrade. The end is near...

Comment

I don't particularly agree, "that leadership comes from the top".... at least it doesn't have to come from the very top! If that were the case (and maybe it is), it would take forever.... it's a damn long way from the "Presidency" to the local. From my experience, leadership comes from every echelon of people who have been put into a leadeship role. But what exists is a series of laws in which entitlements are protected! And that means entitlements for everybody. The "Rich" have far more entitlements than the very poor, at least individually. Collectively of course, there are far more poor than there are rich.

But at almost every level of government there is a leaning toward "forgiving" and overlooking the transgressions. Even it the particular video, no steps were taken to penalize this guy who obviously was stealing from the government. The judge sits in a position to rule on whether or not the jerk should be contributing to his girlfriend's rent while he is living with her... but where was the reporting and possible fine, conviction, or even pursuit of the guy from defrauding the government?

Regarding Obama, I guess if you don't see "leadership", then you totally dismiss the issues that he has addressed, everything from equal pay to stem cell research to infrastructure to healthcare to international relations to military action. If you fail to recognize that, then clearly you probably don't recognize the failures, oversights, illegal operations, secrecy, misuse and mismanagement of military operation, broken international relations, and shear eneptness of the previous administration, nor the obstructionism of the present Congress.

And yes, we do need inspections and prosecutions, absolutely no argument about that. But how do you do that? On one hand your screaming that the government is too big and needs to gut programs and cut spending.... then you tell me that, "We need inspectors, and prosecutions."... well, that's more government! As it stands now, most "government" has been thinned down substantially. My local justice system is overwhelmed, with police and court systems, public works, and general administrations less staffed then they were a decade ago.

Gasoline is NOT something the President can regulate. Like too many things in this country, we now are subjected to "global" markets. Actually gasoline is cheaper now than it was in the latter years of the Bush administration; albeit that the price did drop significantly just prior to the 2008 election. But that is more manipulation of the oil industry than it could ever be by the President. About all the President can do is open the strategic oil reserves in an effort to flood the market and thus slightly move the price down.

But every time I hear someone curse the price of gasoline, I look to see what they are driving. In 65' I owned a car that got 36 mpg on the highway. That was 48 years ago.... what, you seeing any great increase in vehicle mileage? No, instead your'e seeing vehicles that are increasingly bigger, heavier, much more plush and wasteful and yet, people expect the government to hold off on regulation and in some cases allow tax deduction to feed the frenzy. You're seeing homes doubling in size and everybody wanting bigger and bigger and expecting the goverment to help them feed their greed with mortgage interest deductions and subsidy to help them with energy-efficiency.

Bottom line is we want less government, and at the same time we want more government help to feed our needs. AND, it isn't just the poor who get this assistance. For the poor it's called welfare, and for the rich it's called "deductions" or "subsidies".

CWS

Comment

When Clinton was President he reduced the federal deficit and left office with a budget surplus, George Bush was quick to lower taxes for the rich and quickly put the country back on the road to deficit spending. How was Obama supposed to fix in 4 years what Bush f**cked in eight?

Comment

Clinton did not leave a surpluss

Verifying this is as simple as accessing the U.S. Treasury (see note about this link below) website where the national debt is updated daily and a history of the debt since January 1993 can be obtained. Considering the government's fiscal year ends on the last day of September each year, and considering Clinton's budget proposal in 1993 took effect in October 1993 and concluded September 1994 (FY1994), here's the national debt at the end of each year of Clinton Budgets:

Fiscal
                      Year Year
                      Ending National Debt Deficit
                      FY1993 09/30/1993 $4.411488 trillion
                      FY1994 09/30/1994 $4.692749 trillion $281.26 billion
                      FY1995 09/29/1995 $4.973982 trillion $281.23 billion
                      FY1996 09/30/1996 $5.224810 trillion $250.83 billion
                      FY1997 09/30/1997 $5.413146 trillion $188.34 billion
                      FY1998 09/30/1998 $5.526193 trillion $113.05 billion
                      FY1999 09/30/1999 $5.656270 trillion $130.08 billion
                      FY2000 09/29/2000 $5.674178 trillion $17.91 billion
                      FY2001 09/28/2001 $5.807463 trillion $133.29 billion

As can clearly be seen, in no year did the national debt go down, nor did Clinton leave President Bush with a surplus that Bush subsequently turned into a deficit. Yes, the deficit was almost eliminated in FY2000 (ending in September 2000 with a deficit of "only" $17.9 billion), but it never reached zero--let alone a positive surplus number. And Clinton's last budget proposal for FY2001, which ended in September 2001, generated a $133.29 billion deficit. The growing deficits started in the year of the last Clinton budget, not in the first year of the Bush administration.

Keep in mind that President Bush took office in January 2001 and his first budget took effect October 1, 2001 for the year ending September 30, 2002 (FY2002). So the $133.29 billion deficit in the year ending September 2001 was Clinton's. Granted, Bush supported a tax refund where taxpayers received checks in 2001. However, the total amount refunded to taxpayers was only $38 billion . So even if we assume that $38 billion of the FY2001 deficit was due to Bush's tax refunds which were not part of Clinton's last budget, that still means that Clinton's last budget produced a deficit of 133.29 - 38 = $95.29 billion.

Comment

CWS, in many cases what we drive is what we can afford to buy and maintain. Our family has older cars which are not fuel efficient. I happen to think our country/economy is being hurt with gasoline, diesel, and heating oil over $2 a gallon. If you agree then you need to consider options to fix the problem, Myself and many others can't afford newer, high mpg vehicles, truckers can't drastically improve their mileage either. The President does have alternatives such as opening the oil reserves, sitting down and explaining the situation with big oil and making some deals! Okay the pipeline, grant drilling permits. do whatever it takes to drop those prices and get folks driving to find jobs, driving to keep jobs, prices of transported goods low. Where is the necessary leadership? We need our President to work for the good of the people, not the environmental groups. We don't have the luxury of waiting for green technology to catch up with our failing economy. $4 a gallon gas and heating oil is syphoning wealth away from the consumer which had gone to support many other business and social ventures, We need solutions right now! Clean burning coal, natural gas, solar power, wind power, will not fill our tanks, trucks or heat our homes right now, and we can't afford to lose more time and money waiting for answers. Where is "The Plan" to fix all these problems??? I"m not seeing a darn thing.
                        Last edited by Frankiarmz; 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Re: Clinton did not leave a surpluss

Furthermore Clinton allowed risky derivative trading, resended the glass steagal act which caused the housing bubble and the wall St. economic meltdown!

Comment

Re: Clinton did not leave a surpluss

You are absolutely right, people like this character make me sick and they
                            shouldn't receive a single dime! But what has that got to do with Obama? This
                            program as been in effect for a lot longer than Obama has been in
                            office.
                            he didn't say it it was Obama's fault, not where I saw anyway.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
                              When Clinton was President he reduced the federal deficit and left office with a budget surplus, George Bush was quick to lower taxes for the rich and quickly put the country back on the road to deficit spending. How was Obama supposed to fix in 4 years what Bush f**cked in eight?
                              Was it all Bush's fault or was their other key contributers to the debt?

Also, why didn't you mention the trillions Obama spent in less than 4 years, which trumped what Bush did in 8 and every other President in American history?

You're entitled to your opinions, but when do we start holding people accountable for their words? Do we need to re-hash what Obama said about Bush's spending in 2008, and then Obama turned around and slammed the gas pedal to the floor with his spending.

When do we stop blaming George Bush? I mean come on...Obama is still in campaign mode....why does this a$$ clown get a pass all the time?

Comment

Working...
                              X