X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liar

Someone sent me something about troops working/policing in Afghanistan, thinking about them, and bringing them all home for Christmas.

Regardless of the big picture, national security, or whatever else, I keep coming back to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p12cAclNCRU

Like many or most politicians, he's just a GD Liar to get what he or others want. I'd tell him to his face too.

Sorry, that was bugging me to get out.

Re: Liar

Most of his life is based on lies and deception. Who in the heck spends millions of dollars to have his college records sealed so nobody can see them?

But anyways, I'll probably be sending something for the troops for Christmas.

Comment

I did take it to the bank but they wouldn't let me deposit it. Something about insufficient funds...............
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Sorry to disagree, but as everyone knows, you can do wonders on Youtube. He was talking about Iraq, not Afgahnistan.

Comment

I agree, Obama felt Iraq was the wrong war but was okay with Afghanistan.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

And let's not forget who sent them there in the first place.

Comment

Iraq was the wrong war! Other than the fabrication of information that misled Congress, there was NO reason for the invasion of Iraq. WMD has never been found, at least not the nuclear or massive hoards of chemical weapons. The latter had been destroyed under UN and US mandate in the year or two leading up to our "illegal" invasion.

(Of course I guess it depends on your definition of WMD. I recall some pro-Iraq mailings showing a picture of a Mig, buried in the sand, as proof of WMD. Also I see some "Press" that even a "hand-grenade" being labelled as WMD. Maybe it depends on how big or how small one defines "Mass".)

The other "anti-Iraq Invasion" thoughts are the lack of "terrorist attacks" that took place there BEFORE we invaded. Saddam, being the evil prick that he was, was as much against Islamic terrorist as we were, especially in Iraq, where it would have been a major threat to him. In the case of Taliban-supported terrorism, he was more an allie, than an enemy. Remember too, that in the years before it invaded Kuwait, Iraq was an Allie againsta Iran!

All indications of Bin Laden's location, and his Taliban backing was that it was Afgansistan. The Bush administration had a mandate from the people and most of the world to go after Bin Laden, NOT Saddam Hussein.

Yes, the speech was made "about withdrawing troops" from Iraq, not Afganistan. If you want to blame the Obama administration for still being in Afganistan, then you also have to blame many Republican party leaders too, as well as the top military leadership. (Remember John McCain, among others, wants us to be there even longer.)

With regard to YouTube, or elsewhere, isn't it sort of blind to assume that such political presentions are "real". It takes very little to put together such propaganda and even less to place any truth to them.... regardless of who or what they are condemning.

Regarding the "Who in the heck spends millions of dollars to have his college records sealed".... Gee, I don't know; makes me wonder how you stumbled onto this amazing factual information. It wasn't exactly like his father used to be President and with the stroke of a pen could have the government seal all military and college records! (Oh wait, I'm sorry, that was a different President!)

Funny how the little common black guy who was nothing more than a community organizer born in Kenya and had only one parent to raise him, came across so much "dough" to invest in hiding his college records. Gee, I wonder who he paid to put him at the head of one of his college's most prestigeous organizations. (Now that I'm thinking of it, I wondering if maybe I must have paid someone to coverup my NY State training Tool Design training records from 1966... I tried to get a copy of them in 1984 to give to RIT, but they weren't available. I remember the lady in Albany saying something like, "Are you kidding me, we don't keep records that long ago!". Damn, I guess there are "lies" and "cover-ups" just everywhere you look!

CWS
              Last edited by CWSmith; 12-06-2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                Iraq was the wrong war!
                Personally knowing people who fled Iraq, I disagree.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Personally knowing people who fled Iraq, I disagree.

Mark
                  That's debatable Mark. I too know people who left Iraq and described life under Saddam. However, there was more to it than going to war to save them as CWS says. Also if the purpose was to help these people then we should be also going to war with lots of other countries that have harsh regimes and where people are trying to flee. Also the place turned into a mess after the war with instability, bombs going off etc. Have we really made it a better place for people to live in? I did not get that feeling after talking to someone I know here in SD whose mother lives in Baghdad and the description of life there after the US went in. This was a few years back so things may have improved now.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_can View Post
                    That's debatable Mark. I too know people who left Iraq and described life under Saddam. However, there was more to it than going to war to save them as CWS says. Also if the purpose was to help these people then we should be also going to war with lots of other countries that have harsh regimes and where people are trying to flee. Also the place turned into a mess after the war with instability, bombs going off etc. Have we really made it a better place for people to live in? I did not get that feeling after talking to someone I know here in SD whose mother lives in Baghdad and the description of life there after the US went in. This was a few years back so things may have improved now.
                    Lots of other countries were not firing on our planes in the no-fly zone and threatening to use WMD.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                      Damn, I guess there are "lies" and "cover-ups" just everywhere you look!

CWS
                      Absolutely true, although I'm a little surprised that it took you 60+ years to figure that out. Just funning with ya Charlie.
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        Lots of other countries were not firing on our planes in the no-fly zone and threatening to use WMD.

Mark
                        My understanding of your previous post is that you felt going to war was justified because of the life under Saddam for people there.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_can View Post
                          My understanding of your previous post is that you felt going to war was justified because of the life under Saddam for people there.
                          Nope, that was just one facet of it.

Mark

Comment

President Obama's first thing on the agenda was to pass his healthcare which will become a tax on the middle class. Regarding sadaam and his scumbag sons and regime, they deserved to die for crimes against humanity. Lack of weapons of mass destruction aside, taking out sadaam was a good idea in my opinion.

Comment

I did know he was speaking of Iraq. However, I think 100% his intention was to give the impression to everyone that all troops would be coming to back to the U.S. while at the same time knowing that not to be true with regard to Afghanistan.

To me, any leader of the U.S. with war powers making promises such as this is always a liar. I would respect him much more by saying that there is always potential for military action throughout the world today and each situation much be evaluated as it arises. With that, sometimes we will be involved and to promise otherwise would be incorrect.

I stand by he's a liar.

Comment

Working...
                              X