Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Autozone throws hero employee under the bus Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

    Originally posted by Flux View Post
    The difference between you and the hero is...he believes in being self reliant, and you don't.

    Speaking of jumping in people's sh!t, you have been guilty of it just like I have, so lighten up Francis.
    So by self reliant you mean he has the right to do whatever he wishes wherever he wishes? Because thats what self reliant means to me; someone who is free from external influence, control, or restraint.

    Yes, i have gotten in others faces over things said here just as you have, but I do not see you 'lightening up' any. I'll continue to voice my opinion just as you do. In that I am self reliant and will not be intimidated by you or anyone else here. If that bothers you I am sorry.

    It will be interesting to see if he is charged with any crime. I don't see how he can be as he did not discharge his weapon and he and others were threatened with bodily harm and so he was defending himself and others threatened.

    It still does not change the companies gun policy and they may not have wanted to but I wonder what their lawyers said? Probably told them if they didn't dismiss him for violating the rule that they would not be able to stop anyone else from bringing a firearm on company property.

    I'm glad you think its OK to bring a gun to someone elses place of business as their employee.
    I happen to disagree and that is what I said. You don't like it sorry, there's much that you
    say I don't agree with, so be it.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

      Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      So by self reliant you mean he has the right to do whatever he wishes wherever he wishes? Because thats what self reliant means to me; someone who is free from external influence, control, or restraint.

      Yes, i have gotten in others faces over things said here just as you have, but I do not see you 'lightening up' any. I'll continue to voice my opinion just as you do. In that I am self reliant and will not be intimidated by you or anyone else here. If that bothers you I am sorry.

      It will be interesting to see if he is charged with any crime. I don't see how he can be as he did not discharge his weapon and he and others were threatened with bodily harm and so he was defending himself and others threatened.

      It still does not change the companies gun policy and they may not have wanted to but I wonder what their lawyers said? Probably told them if they didn't dismiss him for violating the rule that they would not be able to stop anyone else from bringing a firearm on company property.

      I'm glad you think its OK to bring a gun to someone elses place of business as their employee.
      I happen to disagree and that is what I said. You don't like it sorry, there's much that you
      say I don't agree with, so be it.
      Are you not self reliant when it comes to your safety regardless of the situation? Let me put it this way, the only way I'm leaving this earth, is if Jesus Christ him self comes calling for me. No stranger regardless of where I'm working is going to decide my fate. The only places I do not carry my gun is anywhere prohibited by law or if a place of business has it posted, as I could be charged for trespassing in the state of Pennsylvania.

      Me and Frank go at it all the time on this forum, but I've also told the man I love him and could have a beer with him. Matter of fact, i could have a beer with anyone on this forum, including yourself, but there is nothing wrong with having intense discussions as long as it doesnt cross the line imo.
      Saying I don't lighten up is an outright lie. Sometimes a persons tone is hard to gauge through a computer screen, I just thought it was hypocritical for you to say that when you have been guilty of it as well.
      Last edited by Flux; 12-06-2012, 10:30 PM. Reason: Typing on iPad sucks

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

        I actually don't have a problem with them firing him for violating the stores policy. I'm just glad he stood up and did what he felt was right regardless of the policy.

        Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

          Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          I actually don't have a problem with them firing him for violating the stores policy. I'm just glad he stood up and did what he felt was right regardless of the policy.

          Mark
          I feel the same way, and I'm a huge NRA guy to boot.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

            Thanks Flux! I'd like to think we can speak our minds, disagree and move on. Currently I'm not to fond of a comment by tony calling me a parasite, but I did insult australian lamb I understand the employer's position of no guns in the store, but at the same time the situation sure seemed to justify an exception. Why can't we apply a more common sense approach to certain situations rather than put on blinders? Nowadays we have lawyers and bean counters making decisions that should be done by the person, or persons in charge. Heck, it's the holidays, he was a good guy trying to save lives. Why not make an exception, say it's an exception and doesn't change future policy decisions of no guns? Reminds me of this zero tolerance crap in schools where kids get suspended for drawing pictures of guns, or a nearby high school that was evacuated so hazmat teams could come in and remove the mercury that escaped from a broken thermometer.
            Just like the commedian who joked about spousal abuse, he said I know you're not supposed to hit your wife but imagine you just come home and she has drowned two of your children and has the third by the throat? My point is that there are exceptions to rules. Give the guy his job, take him to dinner and let it go.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

              Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Thanks Flux! I'd like to think we can speak our minds, disagree and move on. Currently I'm not to fond of a comment by tony calling me a parasite, but I did insult australian lamb I understand the employer's position of no guns in the store, but at the same time the situation sure seemed to justify an exception. Why can't we apply a more common sense approach to certain situations rather than put on blinders? Nowadays we have lawyers and bean counters making decisions that should be done by the person, or persons in charge. Heck, it's the holidays, he was a good guy trying to save lives. Why not make an exception, say it's an exception and doesn't change future policy decisions of no guns? Reminds me of this zero tolerance crap in schools where kids get suspended for drawing pictures of guns, or a nearby high school that was evacuated so hazmat teams could come in and remove the mercury that escaped from a broken thermometer.
              Just like the commedian who joked about spousal abuse, he said I know you're not supposed to hit your wife but imagine you just come home and she has drowned two of your children and has the third by the throat? My point is that there are exceptions to rules. Give the guy his job, take him to dinner and let it go.
              Frank, my kids cant even say the word gun in there school let alone draw a picture.
              26+6=1

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

                That's messed up! Perfect example of how wrong a policy designed for good can go when no common sense is applied.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

                  I can also see the store's position. In this event the robber ran away but equally he could have seen the other gun and started firing. At that point it's anyone's guess who would have been injured or died. If that had happened I doubt if the Blaze and other pro-NRA newsites would be reporting the story. From the store's perspective bringing the gun into the store (even though it may have saved the day here) effectively sets a precedent that it's okay to bring a gun into the store.

                  The real issue is why is it easy for criminals to get guns.

                  Btw I hear the guy has setup a Facebook page and is accepting donations

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

                    Originally posted by blue_can View Post
                    I can also see the store's position. In this event the robber ran away but equally he could have seen the other gun and started firing. At that point it's anyone's guess who would have been injured or died. If that had happened I doubt if the Blaze and other pro-NRA newsites would be reporting the story. From the store's perspective bringing the gun into the store (even though it may have saved the day here) effectively sets a precedent that it's okay to bring a gun into the store.

                    The real issue is why is it easy for criminals to get guns.

                    Btw I hear the guy has setup a Facebook page and is accepting donations
                    It's clear You don't like the 2 nd amendment.
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

                      Bless this Young Man and His family . He would of pulled that poor man up off the subway well in N.Y . Stand up Man! Not many around anymore
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

                        I think we all need to keep in mind, a company's policy is not federal law.

                        Every state is different with their firearm laws, and while I don't agree with the guy being fired, but I'm also not mad with autozone either, as I understand their point of view.

                        The problem I have with society in general, is we are teaching our kids to be afraid of guns, instead of "respecting" them.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

                          Originally posted by blue_can View Post
                          ....................
                          The real issue is why is it easy for criminals to get guns.
                          No its not! That issue has very little to do with what happened here. The real issue is why this guy got fired for stopping a robbery in progress.
                          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

                            [QUOTE=blue_can;387679]I can also see the store's position. In this event the robber ran away but equally he could have seen the other gun and started firing. At that point it's anyone's guess who would have been injured or died. If that had happened I doubt if the Blaze and other pro-NRA newsites would be reporting the story. From the store's perspective bringing the gun into the store (even though it may have saved the day here) effectively sets a precedent that it's okay to bring a gun into the store.

                            The real issue is why is it easy for criminals to get guns.

                            I find your question to be naive because it is the same reason illegal drugs are so readily available. Crime pays wheter it is profiting from providing guns,and drugs, or human trafficking. Short of swift public executions rather than a turnstile criminal system, crime will always prevail. I think the real issue is, why is it so difficult for law abiding citizens to obtain firearms? I think a system of regular psychiatric evaluations along with proper firearms training, and "mandatory" gun ownership might level the playing field against violent criminals. Imagine for a moment if most law abiding folks were armed, now when that robber enters the store he is facing five or six people ready and able to protect themselves. I think that is a better deterrent than a no gun policy that only applies to those who obey the rules.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

                              I can see why they fired him, but I don't agree with it. I have zero tolerance for companies with zero tolerance. I will voice my opinion with my money I will no longer purchase anything from Auto Zone. I do believe the story is true, because this crap happens all the time. Don't feel sorry for the guy he probably has 20 job offers by now that pay better than what he was making.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

                                Originally posted by blue_can View Post
                                I can also see the store's position. In this event the robber ran away but equally he could have seen the other gun and started firing. At that point it's anyone's guess who would have been injured or died. If that had happened I doubt if the Blaze and other pro-NRA newsites would be reporting the story. From the store's perspective bringing the gun into the store (even though it may have saved the day here) effectively sets a precedent that it's okay to bring a gun into the store.

                                The real issue is why is it easy for criminals to get guns.

                                Btw I hear the guy has setup a Facebook page and is accepting donations
                                You are wrong if you believe that no newssites would be reporting this story if someone had been shot. There was an incident here about 12 yrs. ago where 2 brothers shot 3 unarmed burglars that broke into their shop killing one of the burglars. This story was covered extensively locally & nationally. It would have been covered more, but the brothers did not give any interviews until the grand jury decided not to indict them. The best news story that came from that incident was after the burglar who died Mother went on TV to say what a good boy & father her son was. The family & friends (about 500 people) had a ralley the next day to tell the news what good hard working people the brothers were.

                                You can be judged by 12 or carried by 6 six it's your choice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X