X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

AutoZone Employee (and Veteran) Fired After Using His Gun to Ward Off Armed Robber | Video | TheBlaze.com
    26+6=1

Re: Autozone throws hero employee under the bus

Their zero tolerance rule went out the window once the robber brought his gun in the store! What would have happened if this was the time he decided to kill everyone execution style? The employee is a hero and should have received some sort of award, his actions did not open the door for other employees to bring their guns into the store unnecessarily. I shop at autozone a lot but not anymore, I'll take my business elsewhere.

Comment

I'll NEVER trade there again !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Me too, I will now go and unsubscribe from their website. I think it's just disgraceful what they did to that guy.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I just went to "autozone.com" and sent their customer service a comment. "I will not shop at autozone until the employee who was fired for bringing a gun into the store to stop a robbery is reinstated". Let them hear your thoughts!

Comment

My first reaction was the same as those above, but seeing I don't have much confidence in the Blaze, I will wait till I hear the full story before making a final judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
              My first reaction was the same as those above, but seeing I don't have much confidence in the Blaze, I will wait till I hear the full story before making a final judgement.
              Yeah, theres no way it could be true if its in the Blaze. Search it yourself. It happened to be the first article in the list that I copied. Have another glass of kool aid.
              26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                Yep my thoughts too. I actually googled the headlines when I first saw this post and it was only "The Blaze" carrying it. Now I see it has spread to other news sites. Without knowing the full story it is hard to say what happened since the vid only shows the employee's account. I would be more inclined to take it at face value if this news was being reported by a more credible source.

We all know the news carried by the Blaze is skewed to appeal to a particular audience.

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
                  Yeah, theres no way it could be true if its in the Blaze. Search it yourself. It happened to be the first article in the list that I copied. Have another glass of kool aid.
                  Why do you jump in the guys sh!t because he is cautious and wants to verify what you have reported to us? Are you telling me you take everything you read on the web from whatever source at face value and never question it?

I haven't read anyof this yet so have no opinion on how the employee was treated. Did he bring his weapon on company property against published company policy? Hemay havesaved the day thisti e but how many times before that did he have his gun on him and maybe could have gotten into a heated argument with a customer and got carried away or worse the customer might have overpowered him, taken the gun away, and it discharged during the struggle and an innocent bystander gets injuried or killed.

I know, that's not the way it went down...this time. I have nothing against gun ownership or people carrying legally, i own several guns myself. But how responsible is the gun owner who disobeys company rules about employees bringing guns on their property.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by blue_can View Post
                    We all know the news carried by the Blaze is skewed to appeal to a particular audience.
                    The truth as no agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                      Why do you jump in the guys sh!t because he is cautious and wants to verify what you have reported to us? Are you telling me you take everything you read on the web from whatever source at face value and never question it?

I haven't read anyof this yet so have no opinion on how the employee was treated. Did he bring his weapon on company property against published company policy? Hemay havesaved the day thisti e but how many times before that did he have his gun on him and maybe could have gotten into a heated argument with a customer and got carried away or worse the customer might have overpowered him, taken the gun away, and it discharged during the struggle and an innocent bystander gets injuried or killed.

I know, that's not the way it went down...this time. I have nothing against gun ownership or people carrying legally, i own several guns myself. But how responsible is the gun owner who disobeys company rules about employees bringing guns on their property.
                      The difference between you and the hero is...he believes in being self reliant, and you don't.

Speaking of jumping in people's sh!t, you have been guilty of it just like I have, so lighten up Francis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                        maybe could have gotten into a heated argument with a customer and got carried away or worse the customer might have overpowered him, taken the gun away, and it discharged during the struggle and an innocent bystander gets injuried or killed.
                        maybe he could have poked his eye out with a sparkplug or beaten him over the head with a muffler, too.

really? really!? anything can be turned into a weapon. if this guy is berated for using a weapon, any weapon, the manager needs to be flogged, and the company boycotted. gun rules at work are stupid. im gonna stab you all with my pencil, my common office tool!

err...something...
                        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Guy looks young....23 year veteran?....or a verteran that's 23?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

AutoZone Employee Fights Off Robber, Gets Fired | FOX2now.com

I believe everything I read on the Internet and everything politicians say because it's a sin to lie and what do they have to gain by lying?

Comment

Heres the only interview I could find on youtube. It is from Fox so im sure none of this is true, but i figured i would post it anyway. Seems like a good kid.

26+6=1

Comment

Working...
                              X