X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu Shot 2012

In the past, I didn't pay much attention to flu scares or flu shot recommendations.

Usually got a touch of it annually it seemed (didn't really track it). Just enough that it would seem equal to a flu shot to get the antibodies going.

Well this year I've got full blown whoop-azz flu. Honestly couldn't leave the house or man up through anything for 3-4 days. Just existing.

Getting better. But I think I will be getting flu shots from this point forward unless some real evidence is produced that it is a bad thing.

Take this for what you will.

Re: Flu Shot 2012

My wife is a nurse Practitioner. She is starting to see a lot of sick folks with the flu!
    None of them had a flu shot! and they are miserable! sick 3-10 days.

Even if you still get the flu, get a flu shot when you're well!
    The flu shot addresses a few of the strains out there not just one.

If you had the flu this year you are still not protected! unless you get the flu shot
    For you old farts don't be stoic the flu can lead to pneumonia and even kill you.

Also for you old farts age 60 and above consider the pneumonia shot
    If you ever had chicken pocks...get the shingles shot but..
    discuss it with your Doctor as it is a live injection and may have side effects
    with medications that reduce your immune system.

Finally I did get the swine flu shot back in the 1973 era. In fact we had no choice.
    At the hospital I worked at gave us two options 1. no shot get fired, 2. get a shot keep your job!

Never the less the shot must have worked as it's now 2012 and I have never been attacked by a pig!

Cactus Man

Comment

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't get a flu shot. They're inexpensive, $20-$30, if you don't have health insurance or free for those with insurance or in some kind of govt. program. Although the shot isn't a 100% guarantee that you still won't get the flu it sure does cut the odds down. I would think that for those who don't get paid if they miss work that a $20-$30 flu shot would be worth the expense vs all those lost wages.

EDIT: P.S. Hope you're feeling better Bob.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Been gettin' 'em for 3 yrs., now.
        No worries, mate.
        Bob's your uncle!

Comment

Been getting a flu shot for 15 years now.

Comment

I think it's a good idea to get the shot. I also got the shingles vaccine and one for some kind of pnuemonia a couple years ago.

Comment

I've never had one and (knock on wood) never had the flu. I think it's because we drink a LOT of Chaga most every day. If you don't know what Chaga is you'll have to Google it. It would take too long to describe all the good it does for the immune system etc. Those in the northern climates might know.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                I think it's a good idea to get the shot. I also got the shingles vaccine and one for some kind of pnuemonia a couple years ago.
                I got that shingles shot last year too even though the roof wasn't leaking.
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                X