Madness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Madness

You see its not that hard having a conversation on guns and we can all be civil I went through the gun fase in my earlier years but handed them all in as I don`t need them to protect myself as we have a excellent police force I would starve if I had to kill an animal to eat now I know you cannot ban all guns we haven`t here but what are military asult rifles M16 and military equipment doing in the hands of ordinary people you can kill with a single shot and would have thought it would be more sporting than having a gun that can cut you in half and until the people step up and want to really do something about these asult rifles another slaughter will take place its in all yours handes not mine I am just a visitor looking in all I can do is to get you talking and at least it is a start I think everyone is afraid to give their opinion as they will be shouted down and this is what this forum is all about I know eventurally you will realize these sort of weapons should not be available to the general public as we did and many other countries have

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
      I don`t need them to protect myself as we have a excellent police force
      Tony, when seconds count and the Police are minutes away, what are you going to do when (heaven forbid) your life is in danger? Are you going to tell the "armed" intruder to "hold on a second, I have to call the Police"?

Comment

Police response time here is between 5 and 20 minutes. I think almost any home entry door can be broken with a couple hard kicks within seconds. You are living in an illusion of security if you think the police can respond in time to protect you.

Today there will be a police office at every CT school. In my opinion unless he or she is armed with an assault weapon safety off and in there hands at the ready, they ahve little chance of stopping someone already in attack mode. We are fooling ourselves to think we can stop this from happening.

Comment

IF there is some one armed at the school I bet the chances of some one trying to do it again would be much less, when the environment is all most a given no one can stop or hurt a mad man or trying to stop the mad man, (they may be insane but they many times are not stupid), many of these people with the wiliness to do these type of things are very intelligent, and my guess is they do calculate the environment and its hazards to them, even if they are potential suicidal.

Frank I under stand what you are saying some one intent on doing wrong and harm little will stop him, but by changing the playing field makes a big difference, take the church shooting in Colorado Springs it would have been much worst if the lady security guard was not armed, and since the shooter was not expecting any resistance, he was stooped in the hall way before he got to the auditorium or class rooms of the building, yes some were killed in that church shooting but not as many as if there was not a leveled playing field) 7NEWS - 6 Shot At New Life Church; Gunman, 2 Churchgoers Dead - News Story

If you have the choice of fighting some one who is unarmed or one who is armed who would you choose? regardless of the weapon you have, some one breaks in to your home some day, and who would you rather see at the end of the hall way, some one who has no weapons or one who has a fire arm? I do not care if I have my shot gun or a hand gun my chances are still better than if they are armed.

some countries require armed teachers, Israel and Thailand, and it has cut school attacks down to nearly 0%

Arming teachers worked for Israel and Thailand - Charleston Charleston Conservative | Examiner.com

Israel once had a policy of victim disarmament. Israeli citizens were told they couldn't have guns. They were told the government would protect them. Then came numerous horrible massacres in the 1970's.

In March of 78' there was the Herzliyah School Bus Massacre. 37 children were killed and 76 were wounded by Jihadists. In 1974, school children were attacked during a field trip to a tobacco farm. 25 people were killed and 66 wounded by Jihadists.

Israeli citizens then rejected the idea that big government would protect them and demanded guns. Today Israel citizens enjoy Texan style gun rights. Israeli citizens can lawfully use lethal force to protect both person and property with no "duty to flee." The country is much safer as a result.

A "gun free zone" is nothing more than a victim disarmament zone. An advertisement to predators that they will have an easier time committing crimes. Elementary school teachers with handguns in Israeli and Thailand have saved lives time and time again.
          the GUN it self is not the problem, guns are a part of the socity, IF one one is willing to committe murder do you think they really care about gun laws, even the removial of guns out of the hands of civilains, do you think it would really help that much, I bet 1/3 to over 1/2 would never be turned over to athorities, so there would still be guns around may be not in the numbers but still if some one wanted to they could get one or some, and the worst US school killing never did use guns http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

believe me I feel for ever parent and grand parent and persons that lost there precious little Innocent children, the loss is tragic and heinous, I have grand children of the same age, and it would be a horrible thing to loose them in that manor or any manor, but gun laws are not going to prevent it. at least not where were are now,
          the evil of man will continue regardless of guns or not,
          Last edited by BHD; 12-17-2012, 03:10 PM.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

BHD, I'm gonna sound crazy here, but when my door bell rings I'm more ready to run to my bedroom and get my shotgun than answer the door. When my wife is home, I let here ask "Who's there?" while I get the gun! There have been enough home invasions in my area for me to react in this manner, so I don't care if folks think it's overkill. Better safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
              Maybe the zombie apocalypse is a metaphor.
              Well, i have to wonder at times. Today I was in a local gun shop and there is a woman buying a "Zombie .177" pellet gun for her son for Christmas. Yup, that's what it said on the box, with a graphic of zombies running berzerk. Now, is that a responsible way to market a pellet gun, or any gun to a child?

I had a Crossman 760 when I was young and so did many of my friends had similar guns. We used to go plinking in the local gravel pit all the time. We didn't have zombies, just beer cans and bottles.
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

People who believe that banning guns or types of guns will stop evil are just plain stupid or living in a fantasy land. Times have changed, you better have a way to protect yourself and your family. All this talk about banning guns will only accomplish one thing. Record gun sales in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                  Well, i have to wonder at times. Today I was in a local gun shop and there is a woman buying a "Zombie .177" pellet gun for her son for Christmas. Yup, that's what it said on the box, with a graphic of zombies running berzerk. Now, is that a responsible way to market a pellet gun, or any gun to a child?

I had a Crossman 760 when I was young and so did many of my friends had similar guns. We used to go plinking in the local gravel pit all the time. We didn't have zombies, just beer cans and bottles.
                  I still have my pumpmaster, believe it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                    Now, is that a responsible way to market a pellet gun, or any gun to a child?
                    I agree with you there, where the hell did all this zombie stuff come from?

At the gun show yesterday, there was a ton of stuff promoting "the stopping" of zombies. wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                      I agree with you there, where the hell did all this zombie stuff come from?

At the gun show yesterday, there was a ton of stuff promoting "the stopping" of zombies. wtf?
                      You can thank the folks who come up with advertising. They have convinced us we need whiter teeth, clearer skin, bodies that have no scent of being human, pet rocks, bottled water, and ever other ridiculous fad and trend.

Comment

Tony, when seconds count and the Police are minutes away, what are you going to do when (heaven forbid) your life is in danger? Are you going to tell the "armed" intruder to "hold on a second, I have to call the Police"?
                        I have never faced that situation Flux and none of my friends or family have how many times has your house been invaded and how many intruders have you warned off or shot and did you use a semi auto asult rifle and fired a full mag into them or can you bring your prey down with one shot no we the citizens in Aus don`t need guns in a civilised society as we trust our governments our police and our constitution and our high court to keep our government on tract but from just reading this forum you envidently you don`t which is sad.

Tony

Comment

We have had home invasions nearby, including the family where the mother and two daughters were raped and then burned to death. These things are real, they do happen and to suggest they don't is naive. Good luck using that phone for protection when your door is being kicked in Tony, try living with a population ten times yours and next door to mexico with 27,000 murders last year. Sad you can't connect the dots, living so removed from our reality.

Comment

I have never faced that situation Flux and none of my friends or family have how many times has your house been invaded and how many intruders have you warned off or shot and did you use a semi auto asult rifle and fired a full mag into them or can you bring your prey down with one shot no we the citizens in Aus don`t need guns in a civilised society as we trust our governments our police and our constitution and our high court to keep our government on tract but from just reading this forum you envidently you don`t which is sad.Tony
                            I look at things a little differently than you Tony, as I don't trust my government to protect me as we micro analyze each other here in the states. In the United States, we have states that wish to prosecute people who defend themselves, as being innocent is looked upon as being guilty. Thank god my state as adopted the castle doctrine in where I won't have that problem anymore. I also grew up 2 miles from a maximum security prison that housed some of the worst human beings known to man kind, and there were at least 2 escapes in those 35 years.

I also can't even go to a ball game down in the city without fear of gangs of people starting fights and beating people to death. There are certain parts of certain towns I can't go into without having a gun to protect myself, and if a criminal doesn't respect the police, why would they respect an ordinary citizen?

I've said it before on here, I don't have guns because I'm afraid of anybody, I have guns because I don't want to be bothered. Our fore fathers wrote it into our constitution to keep our Government in check as "we the people" run this country...not the government. We have people in this country who can' think for themselves and like to be dictated too, and they believe the government is the end all for our problems. But the progressives are slowly but surely making sure it disappears in our history books so they can "control" what our kids learn in school.

I actually have 2 police officers on my street with one being a State Police Officer (across the street and down 1 house) and a township police officer(not my township) right next to me. While the police are always minutes away, if someone happens to break into my home at night, I won't trust anyone else coming in to help me as i would shoot at first and ask questions later. I would rather be judged by 12 in a court room than carried by 6 to a cemetery.

Tony, have you ever had your home firebombed? I have while I was in the Navy...and thankfully I wasn't there at the time it happened, but my roomates were. 1 of those roomates went to the hospital with severe burns to him, and this poor guy just entered the Navy and starting to make friends. This all happened because of the people who lived upstairs in another apartment in an old fraternity house in where a drug deal went bad, and we got caught up in it.

We don't know how to treat one another anymore in United States, because the powers that be are forcing us to be a Nation we are not. We can't correct our children anymore, and the word "God" is be taking out of our lives slowly but surely. Progressives believe we our "owed" something, as we have turn into a Nation full of "entitlements".

Our Fore fathers are rolling over in their graves Tony, and I think this passage sums it up for me...

Just after the completion and signing of the Constitution, in reply to a woman's inquiry as to the type of government the Founders had created, Benjamin Franklin said, "A Republic, if you can keep it."

Comment

I look at things a little differently than you Tony, as I don't trust my government to protect me as we micro analyze each other here in the states. In the United States, we have states that wish to prosecute people who defend themselves, as being innocent is looked upon as being guilty. Thank god my state as adopted the castle doctrine in where I won't have that problem anymore. I also grew up 2 miles from a maximum security prison that housed some of the worst human beings known to man kind, and there were at least 2 escapes in those 35 years.

I also can't even go to a ball game down in the city without fear of gangs of people starting fights and beating people to death. There are certain parts of certain towns I can't go into without having a gun to protect myself, and if a criminal doesn't respect the police, why would they respect an ordinary citizen?

I've said it before on here, I don't have guns because I'm afraid of anybody, I have guns because I don't want to be bothered. Our fore fathers wrote it into our constitution to keep our Government in check as "we the people" run this country...not the government. We have people in this country who can' think for themselves and like to be dictated too, and they believe the government is the end all for our problems. But the progressives are slowly but surely making sure it disappears in our history books so they can "control" what our kids learn in school.

I actually have 2 police officers on my street with one being a State Police Officer (across the street and down 1 house) and a township police officer(not my township) right next to me. While the police are always minutes away, if someone happens to break into my home at night, I won't trust anyone else coming in to help me as i would shoot at first and ask questions later. I would rather be judged by 12 in a court room than carried by 6 to a cemetery.

Tony, have you ever had your home firebombed? I have while I was in the Navy...and thankfully I wasn't there at the time it happened, but my roomates were. 1 of those roomates went to the hospital with severe burns to him, and this poor guy just entered the Navy and starting to make friends. This all happened because of the people who lived upstairs in another apartment in an old fraternity house in where a drug deal went bad, and we got caught up in it.

We don't know how to treat one another anymore in United States, because the powers that be are forcing us to be a Nation we are not. We can't correct our children anymore, and the word "God" is be taking out of our lives slowly but surely. Progressives believe we our "owed" something, as we have turn into a Nation full of "entitlements".

Our Fore fathers are rolling over in their graves Tony, and I think this passage sums it up for me...

Just after the completion and signing of the Constitution, in reply to a woman's inquiry as to the type of government the Founders had created, Benjamin Franklin said, "A Republic, if you can keep it."
                              I have to agree with you Flux yours and our fore fathers would be spinning in their graves when a civilisation loses its religion and its ability to express it in public and its ability to punish its criminals in public then that is the beginning of its end our fore fathers new justice had to be seen to be done and new it was brutal but had to inpress on its citizens this is what happens when you brake the law but now it is all behind closed doors and we have become soft but you cannot have a civilization where everyone is armed to the teeth especially with asult rifiles your fore fathers would never have ecouraged that with the weapons avalable today

Tony

Comment

I have never faced that situation Flux and none of my friends or family have how many times has your house been invaded and how many intruders have you warned off or shot and did you use a semi auto asult rifle and fired a full mag into them or can you bring your prey down with one shot no we the citizens in Aus don`t need guns in a civilised society as we trust our governments our police and our constitution and our high court to keep our government on tract but from just reading this forum you envidently you don`t which is sad.

Tony
                                How many times has your house burned down? It probably hasn't, but I'll bet you have smoke detectors.
                                26+6=1

Comment

Working...
                                X